Quantcast

1-Bowl Brownies

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
From the 04.01.05 Issue of Family Circle, pg. 139.

================================================== ===========================

1 bag (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips

1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter

3/4 cup sugar

2 eggs

1 cup flour

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

[*]Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8-inch-square baking pan with nonstick aluminum foil.

[*]Combine 1 cup of the chocolate chips (half the bag) & butter in a medium-size microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute. Stir until smooth. Whisk in sugar, then eggs. Stir in flour & salt until smooth. Fold in 1/2 cup of the chopped walnuts & the vanilla. Transfer batter to a prepared pan.

[*]Bake brownie @ 350 degrees for 23-25 minutes. Finely chop remaining 2 tablespoons walnuts.

[*]Sprinkle remaining 1 cup chocolate chips over brownie & return to oven for 2 minutes. Remove from oven, & spread melted chips until smooth, to form a "frosting." Top with finely chopped walnuts. Refrigerate 20 minutes to firm chocolate, then cut into squares. Store @ room temperature.

Makes: 16 brownies. Prep: 5 minutes. Bake: at 350 degrees for 23-25 minutes.

Per Serving: 238 calories; 13 g fat (5 g sat.); 2 g protein; 30 g carbohydrate; 1 g fiber; 45 mg sodium; 34 mg cholesterol.

Reaction score
Thanks!

Signed,

A choc-a-holic

This sounds easy and delicious!

Reaction score
ok who needs to actually bake these? i'd just eat batter lol

Liz

Reaction score
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......... brownies!!!!!!! i freaking want to eat everything today

Reaction score
Anya,

That is so funny that you said that, I buy the store bought boxes and mix them up and sit on the couch and eat the whole bowl...YIKES...

Originally Posted by Anya1976 ok who needs to actually bake these? i'd just eat batter lol

Reaction score
Originally Posted by suziqq322 Anya,
That is so funny that you said that, I buy the store bought boxes and mix them up and sit on the couch and eat the whole bowl...YIKES...

LOL well the batter is better than the finished product anyway lol