1-Bowl Brownies

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
From the 04.01.05 Issue of Family Circle, pg. 139.

================================================== ===========================

1 bag (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips

1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter

3/4 cup sugar

2 eggs

1 cup flour

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

[*]Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8-inch-square baking pan with nonstick aluminum foil.

[*]Combine 1 cup of the chocolate chips (half the bag) & butter in a medium-size microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute. Stir until smooth. Whisk in sugar, then eggs. Stir in flour & salt until smooth. Fold in 1/2 cup of the chopped walnuts & the vanilla. Transfer batter to a prepared pan.

[*]Bake brownie @ 350 degrees for 23-25 minutes. Finely chop remaining 2 tablespoons walnuts.

[*]Sprinkle remaining 1 cup chocolate chips over brownie & return to oven for 2 minutes. Remove from oven, & spread melted chips until smooth, to form a "frosting." Top with finely chopped walnuts. Refrigerate 20 minutes to firm chocolate, then cut into squares. Store @ room temperature.

Makes: 16 brownies. Prep: 5 minutes. Bake: at 350 degrees for 23-25 minutes.

Per Serving: 238 calories; 13 g fat (5 g sat.); 2 g protein; 30 g carbohydrate; 1 g fiber; 45 mg sodium; 34 mg cholesterol.

Thanks!

Signed,

A choc-a-holic

This sounds easy and delicious!
icon_biggrin.gif

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......... brownies!!!!!!! i freaking want to eat everything today
frown.gif

Anya,

That is so funny that you said that, I buy the store bought boxes and mix them up and sit on the couch and eat the whole bowl...YIKES...
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by Anya1976 ok who needs to actually bake these? i'd just eat batter lol

Originally Posted by suziqq322 Anya,
That is so funny that you said that, I buy the store bought boxes and mix them up and sit on the couch and eat the whole bowl...YIKES...
icon_redface.gif

LOL well the batter is better than the finished product anyway lol

Latest posts

Back