10/15: Chx w Tarragon Cream, White & Wild Rice, Pate & Herb Brie, 3x Choc Parfaits

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Chicken in Tarragon Cream Sauce, White and Wild Rice with Walnuts

Recipe Summary

Difficulty: Easy

Prep Time: 5 minutes

Cook Time: 20 minutes

Yield: 4 servings

1 package, 5 to 7 ounces, white and wild rice (recommended: Uncle Ben's or Near East brands) cooked to package directions -- either chicken or herb flavors are fine

2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan

Salt and pepper

4 pieces, 8 ounces each, boneless, skinless chicken breast

1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, eyeball it

1/4 cup water, eyeball it

1 tablespoon tomato paste

1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon leaves, plus extra for garnish

1/2 cup heavy cream, half-and-half or 1/3 cup sour cream

1/4 cup, 1 (2-ounce) package chopped walnuts, available on baking aisle, toasted

2 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves

Edible flowers (available in produce section with herbs) for garnish

Cook rice according to package directions.

Preheat extra-virgin olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Brown and cook chicken, 5 minutes on each side. Remove chicken to a plate and cover. Reduce heat a bit. Add vinegar and water, scrape up pan drippings. Stir in tomato paste, cream, half-and-half or sour cream and tarragon. Remove from heat. Toss nuts and parsley with cooked rice. Slice chicken on an angle and arrange on a bed of rice. Top with sauce and serve. Garnish plate with edible flowers and tarragon.

Pate Bites and Herb Brie Board

Recipe Summary

Prep Time: 10 minutes

4 slices dark bread, pumpernickel or German whole grain, toasted

4 tablespoons whole grain mustard

1/2 pound country pate or mousse pate

1/4 red onion, finely chopped

4 tablespoons capers, drained

1/2 pound herb brie

Cornichons or baby gherkin pickles

Water crackers

Red seedless grapes

Spread toasted bread lightly with mustard. Arrange pate in thin layer on top of mustard. Top with chopped onions and capers. Cut each slice of bread into quarters. Arrange on a cheese board with a wedge of brie at room temperature, cornichons, crackers, grapes.

Triple Chocolate Parfaits

Recipe Summary

Prep Time: 5 minutes

Cook Time: 1 minute

1 cup hot fudge sauce, any brand

4 shots chocolate liqueur

1 pint chocolate ice cream

Canister of spray whipped cream

Ground cinnamon or cocoa powder, to garnish

Maraschino cherries

Heat hot fudge sauce in microwave -- remove metal lid.

In tall glasses or cocktail glasses, layer chocolate liqueur with chocolate ice cream and top with hot fudge, whipped cream, cinnamon or cocoa powder and cherries on top.

OMG, my tummy is rumbling reading that!! Can i ask what eyeballing is though?? I never heard that term in cooking before, not that i'm a chef or anything!

Originally Posted by laura127 OMG, my tummy is rumbling reading that!! Can i ask what eyeballing is though?? I never heard that term in cooking before, not that i'm a chef or anything! i think thats a rachael ray-specific term. it just means to estimate the amount and not bother with measuring.

Latest posts

Back