10 Rules for Buying a new Laptop

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks a bunch Tony!!!!!!!!!!!
claps.gif
claps.gif

LOL - only you would post something like this... and only I would love it!! lol My inner Geek
wink.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 LOL - only you would post something like this... and only I would love it!! lol My inner Geek
wink.gif
My sentiments exactly.

Thanks for the post! I'm actually in the middle of buying a laptop right now and it's a toss up between the Mac Powerbook or an HP laptop. I don't know much about computers so I usually judge them on just how long their battery life is, how cute they look and how much they weigh but this helps a lot! Thanks!

I ca'nt wait until I get my new laptop - I have to wait a while still though.

This is great information. I will have to print this out too. Thank you Tony. What a sweet man.

Great info. I wish i would have read this about 6 months ago when I bought the laptop that i have now lol

Hmm I see this is from 2004, so maybe it's time to upgrade those numbers
icon_smile.gif

Too bad I didn't see this post before we bought our laptop! Although I still think we got a good laptop! We bought our first Dell laptop, because they were having a special sale that allowed us to get a Core Duo processor that was actually in our price range! When we bought this one, the cheapest Core Duo laptop at Best Buy (where I have bought all of my other computers, and I thought I got a good buy on them!) was $1200 and had a 1.6GHz processor. But our new Dell Inspiron has 1.83GHz Core Duo, 1 GB RAM, 100 GB harddrive for about $1100!

Of course, not buying any Microsoft Office products also brought down the price! I can't find the software key for the MS Office version I had on my old computer (Tony do you know how to find it? Opening Word and going to Help -> About just gave us a Word key, not the right number of digits for the Office key). If I can't find the key, then I think we will try downloading Open Office, I had a Linux geek friend in college that swore Open Office was completely compatable with Office...

Back