120 Beauties-Factory Palette

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The colors in those palettes look so awesome. I am afraid to buy one of those palettes. I already have way to much eyeshadow...but I guess what is 72-120 more...LOL!!!

I ordered one last night, I couldn't resist, my aunty is gunna buy me it for my birthday
tongue.gif

I figured it made sense 'cos I want some new eyeshadows and the price of good single eyeshadows is ridiculous. I'll be paying about £25 for 120 e/s and a brush set (plus free gifts) and 2 single Urban Decay eyeshadows come to £18 which really puts into perspective how much eyeshadow can cost.

I really hope I like it! I'm thinking of getting some UDPP 'cos everyone keeps saying they work so much better with a base.

I think Sirvinya (Becky) did several tutorials using this palette.... hmmmm.... I might want this!

can someone get it tested for lead? pleeaaaaaaase. remember it is from china, kohl from china was found to have a high level of lead.

I was just watching this video on youtube YouTube - 120 Color Palette (it's a review of the beauties factory palette) and in the side bar it says that the video maker (MakeupbyKarla) emailed the company and they give her this list of ingredients:

Talcum powder , Kaolin , Mica powder , Magnesium Stearate , Titanium White Powder , Colorant , PearlLustre Pigment.

Originally Posted by magneticheart /img/forum/go_quote.gif I was just watching this video on youtube YouTube - 120 Color Palette (it's a review of the beauties factory palette) and in the side bar it says that the video maker (MakeupbyKarla) emailed the company and they give her this list of ingredients:Talcum powder , Kaolin , Mica powder , Magnesium Stearate , Titanium White Powder , Colorant , PearlLustre Pigment.

The company will never tell you whether there are dangerous ingredients or not. Some times the product get tainted at the factory rather than the source being bad just like the milk that has killed infants and sicken others.
Someone wrote

"I had the opportunity to work with Chinese cosmetic product providers and frankly after a couple of visits, I decided to buy local products even if they are more expensive. No need to explain what we found out." Can you trust Chinese-made products?: Consumer Reports on Safety

Another person wrote

"Trusting Chinese Goods?

Having lived in the Far East for the last 13 years, and travelled in China extensively, I would comment as follows:

1: ANY food related item NO!

2: Medicines NO!

3: Cleaning products & liquids NO!

4: Cosmetics and smokers products NO!

Generally, anything one can ingest or apply to ones skin..NO...NO!!

Electrical goods, cars etc are pretty well regulated and built to CEE or USA regulations."

BBC NEWS | World Have Your Say | Do you trust Chinese goods?

Originally Posted by RoxRae /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think Sirvinya (Becky) did several tutorials using this palette.... hmmmm.... I might want this! Yes, I did! And I love the palette.

Mine arrived yesterday
biggrin.gif

I only had enough time to check everything was alright with it before it was taken off me and hidden until my birthday. No fair
frown.gif

I'm really happy with it though. My main concern was broken colours but all my colours are pefect and I got a heap of free stuff! A set of false nails, false lashes, 5 nail glitter dusts, 5 mini make-up applicators and a 16 piece brush set in a leather looking case!

£25 well spent!
tongue.gif

wow Katie! that's awesome!

how long will you have to wait before they give it to you? haha! my parents do that too!

I can't believe I never commented on this thread! I think the palette looks awesome! I'm looking into getting a mac pro palette for xmas, so I'm not totally sold on this but if I had a smaller stash I'd be sold hardcore!

It's taking a lot of my no buy-ness and will power to avoid buying this! lol

Finally got mine!
biggrin.gif

Picture1394.jpg

I paid £20 for it and I'm so pleased with it. I want some UDPP so I can try the shadows out with a base underneath but I've been using them with no base and they're still great!

I also got loads of free gifts so I'm very happy!

Here's my free gifts:

A 12 piece brush set in a leather type of case (I forgot to put one of the brushes back before I took the picture)

Picture1395.jpg

A set of false nails, a set of false lashes, a mini 5 piece brush set and 10 pots of nail glitter.

Picture1400.jpg

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif Is it just my screen, or are a lot of the colors very similar? Half of the blue shades on the far left look very similar on my screen, but besides that they all look different for me.

I'm going to be ordering this palette soon. Is there any color in the palette that is red? Not bright orange, but red? And if so could someone swatch it for me? I want to make sure I don't have to order a separate red eye shadow from somewhere else.
biggrin.gif
Thanks.

There's a few true reds in there. Can't swatch right now, but they're not just oranges.

Latest posts

Back