1st MAC Purchases!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I went to the MAC store for the 1st time last night!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I had SOOO much fun. I love this store!! I didn't even know it was in the mall near my house. LOL My sister told me about it. Then I told my husband it was cheaper than Sephora he said, "I like MAC already". LOL

So, I tried out a few of the foundations and ended up buying the Select Foundation NW30. The SA put Studiolights under my eyes (after foundation) and I liked the way it looked so I got it in Mellowed. But, I think might be too light and I just heard that MAC is discontinuing it? I LOVE the eyeshadows, pigments, paints..I want them all! LOL But, I just got one*Angelcake* eyeshadow. It's a really pretty pink. Plus,I got a free small foundation brush..can you believe it?, and a pk of 30 Demi-wipes and a sample size of the Fast response eye cream. I'm So excited I haven't been able to go to sleep yet. But, I have try..I have to get up at 6am.
frown.gif

The downside...my husband said I can't buy no makeup until Valentine's day..LOL

Thank you! To all of you MAC lovers who gave me the excuse to go to MAC last night!!
biggrin.gif
Now you have to teach me how to figure out their color <SHADES>system...like NW and stuff. I'm so glad I found MUT!!!

~Diane

Oh you lucky monkey! I've ordered AngelCake from gloss.com & i can't wait for it to arrive..

I'm so glad you got to go to MAC! I like MAC because the price is reasonable. If the Studiolights is too light you can go back and return it or exchange it as long as you have the receipt so you are not wasting your money on a color that you are not quite sure if it works for you. I've returned stuff to their store before, it's no big deal. I'm not sure what NW stands for in their foundation color scheme. When I used to use Studiofix (It made me breakout so I haven't used it in the past couple of years) I had the SA at MAC to match me up with the right color. Did you check out the new color collection called High Tea? I went to check it out couple of days ago and I love the lipstick colors, very neutral. MAC comes out with new collections all the time and with limited edition colors. They really are masters at marketing.
icon_smile.gif
But the color collections are fun. Enjoy your new MAC stuff!

Tell me what you think of the color when you get it..K I didn't know this when I got it but it's a limited edition. Cool..huh?

Originally Posted by Laura Oh you lucky monkey! I've ordered AngelCake from gloss.com & i can't wait for it to arrive..

Hi Reija, It does seem to be the "in between line" (Drugs tore - High end) and I haven't been able to use very many of the Drugstore products because my skin has had such bad reactions. So, I've had to get more of the high end products and even then I've had some reactions but not as many...and as you know they are so expensive. I've always thought that MAC was just as expensive because the only place I thought you could buy it was at Nordstroms or the internet. So, I'm thrilled!
biggrin.gif
Oh good, I think I am going to exchange the Studiolights for something with better coverage. Do they have a good concealer? I'm surprised at the how well the Select foundation covers and it has SPF 15 in it. It's very difficult to find a highend foundation with SPF. ya know Oh yes, your right the lipsticks are very neutral colors. Not loud or bright. I like the Dainty Cake Lipstick and the Nymphette Lipglass. Which one did you like the most? It does seem like a fun line.
icon_smile.gif

OMG!! Feisty, you have a massive MAC collection. I'm coming to your house. LOL I can definitely get addicted and their colors are so unique.
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by FeistyFemme Nice first MAC haul!
smile.gif
It's totally addictive... I'm sure you'll have many, many more!

Originally Posted by MakeupFanatic OMG!! Feisty, you have a massive MAC collection. I'm coming to your house. LOL I can definitely get addicted and their colors are so unique.
icon_smile.gif
Haha! You're more than welcome!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I actually haven't done any MAC hauling in ages, but that's all going to change very, very soon when I get some birthday money...

I went to the one in South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa. Have you been there?

Originally Posted by make-me-up-gurl Woo hoo!! Claps!!!
What one did you go to?

LOL I may never leave.
biggrin.gif
Feisty, you'll have to tell us what you get..K What are your favorite MAC products?

Originally Posted by FeistyFemme Haha! You're more than welcome!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I actually haven't done any MAC hauling in ages, but that's all going to change very, very soon when I get some birthday money...

Originally Posted by MakeupFanatic Tell me what you think of the color when you get it..K I didn't know this when I got it but it's a limited edition. Cool..huh? I will, but i won't be getting it for a while coz a friend of mine ordered it in the US & she's shipping it to me in Ireland! Its part of their HIGH TEA collection which is LE so i'm looking forward to my package arriving! I also ordered the High Tea lipstick
biggrin.gif

I LOVE their eyeshadows and paints! You gotta check out the paints Diane
biggrin.gif

Laura, I was there yesterday. lol it was mad house in there. But, I didn't get any paints but I will next trip. I thought I had to wait until V day. But, I couldn't. lol
biggrin.gif
I got Blackberry matte e/s, Harmony Matte blush and Splashproof Lash mascara. Then I went and got Cargo Yukon e/s and Laura Mercier moisturizing foundation (I tried my moms and love it). It's much better than the MAC select and Smashbox Seamless that I was using. What colors do you like best in the paints?

Originally Posted by Laura I LOVE their eyeshadows and paints! You gotta check out the paints Diane
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back