30 Inspirations Nail Art Challenge 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm game.  I think I burned myself out on the one I did in September.  I always felt bad I never finished.

Yay! Wonderful! I'm happy you're all planning on joining in.

Awesome!  I'm so in!
I look forward to your interpretations!

I'm game.  I think I burned myself out on the one I did in September.  I always felt bad I never finished.
I know what you mean! I was amazed at those who did the daily challenge. I was doing the every three days marathon, and just posted my 'flag' mani recently. But I think this schedule will be much more manageable as my regular schedule for doing a new mani is closer to it!

Super! I'm really looking forward to creating manis based on the 30 Inspirations!

Hooray!  Can't wait to start!
Me neither! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I definitely felt I was ready for another challenge.

In case people are interested in submitting an Inspiration mani too (it's not required to participate, but will be fun too!), the sign-up sheet for submitting inspiration manis will be posted above, and in the thread, soon.

I think I'm also going to challenge myself that I HAVE to do all the manicures with polishes already in my collection.  I was in the middle of a huge polish-aquiring spree last year when we did this, and if I didn't have something "perfect" for the challenge, I'd go buy it.  Well, not this time!  I have to adapt and figure it out with what I have (which is 2 full boxes of nail polish, so no one feel sorry for me.  I have waaaaay too much as it is!)

I think I'm also going to challenge myself that I HAVE to do all the manicures with polishes already in my collection.  I was in the middle of a huge polish-aquiring spree last year when we did this, and if I didn't have something "perfect" for the challenge, I'd go buy it.  Well, not this time!  I have to adapt and figure it out with what I have (which is 2 full boxes of nail polish, so no one feel sorry for me.  I have waaaaay too much as it is!)
This is a super idea! I can't promise 100% as I'm still eyeing (hmm, this word just looks strange to me as 'eying') some gel polishes, but it's a fantastic thing to aspire to, and I'll let you know how I do too. :unsure: :lol: It's totally a reasonable thing for me given my... ahem, not only two... boxes.

Hi folks!

I'm excited to let you know that the 30 Inspirations Nail Art Challenge 2014 will be starting this Friday! Keep your eyes peeled for the First Inspiration, which will be coming soon. As you know, you'll have five days for each mani, and here is the timeline! If you're interested in participating, take a look at the Inspiration mani, be inspired, and create your own mani version/variation/creative departure, take some pic(s), and post them here!

I thank our volunteers who submitted the first set of Inspirations so we can get started soon! If you're also interested in submitting an Inspiration, the sign-up list is coming next!

30 Inspirations Nail Art Challenge 2014 Timeline

First Set of 6 Inspirations posted - Week of June 9th            

SET ONE

June 13th to 17th                                 Post manis inspired by: Inspiration #1

June 18th to 22nd                                Post manis inspired by: Inspiration #2

June 23rd to 27th                                Post manis inspired by: Inspiration #3

June 28th to July 2nd                          Post manis inspired by: Inspiration #4

July 3rd to 7th                                     Post manis inspired by: Inspiration #5

Second set of 6 Inspirations posted - Week of July 4th

July 8th to 12th                                   Post manis inspired by: Inspiration #6

SET TWO

July 13th to 17th                                Post manis inspired by: Inspiration #7

July 18th to 22nd                               Post manis inspired by: Inspiration #8

Third set of 6 Inspirations posted - Week of July 20th

July 23rd to 27th                                 Post manis inspired by: Inspiration #9

July 28th to August 1st                       Post manis inspired by: Inspiration #10

August 2nd to 6th                               Post manis inspired by: Inspiration #11

August 7th to 11th                              Post manis inspired by: Inspiration #12

SET THREE

August 12th to 16th                           Post manis inspired by: Inspiration #13

August 17th to 21st                           Post manis inspired by: Inspiration #14

Fourth set of 6 Inspirations posted - Week of August 20th

August 22nd to 26th                           Post manis inspired by: Inspiration #15

August 27th to 31st                            Post manis inspired by: Inspiration #16

September 1st to 5th                         Post manis inspired by: Inspiration #17

September 6th to 10th                       Post manis inspired by: Inspiration #18

SET FOUR

September 11th to 15th                     Post manis inspired by: Inspiration #19

September 16th to 20th                     Post manis inspired by: Inspiration #20

Fifth set of 6 Inspirations Posted - Week of September 20th

September 21st to 25th                    Post manis inspired by: Inspiration #21

September 26th to 30th                   Post manis inspired by: Inspiration #22

October 1st to 5th                            Post manis inspired by: Inspiration #23

October 6th to 10th                          Post manis inspired by: Inspiration #24

SET FIVE

October 11th to 15th                       Post manis inspired by: Inspiration #25

October 16th to 20th                       Post manis inspired by: Inspiration #26

October 21st to 25th                       Post manis inspired by: Inspiration #27

October 26th to 30th                       Post manis inspired by: Inspiration #28

October 31st to November 4th        Post manis inspired by: Inspiration #29

November 5th to 9th                        Post manis inspired by: Inspiration #30

THE END!

Join in on the fun! Please feel free to post any questions here!

Recruiting All Volunteers!

Here is the schedule for volunteer sign-up and submitting the Inspiration manis for this activity. Submitting an Inspiration mani is optional and not required to participate in this Challenge, but it will be really interesting to see what everyone does using your mani or nail art as an inspiration! And we're all looking forward to being inspired by you! Sign-ups are now open for Sets Two, Three, Four, and Five. If you're signing up, please Quote this message and insert your user name on the schedule ASAP, or post a message indicating your interest and we'll add your name in sequence. The official version of the Sign-up List & Schedule will be updated from time to time and posted at the top of this thread.

Inspiration mani submissions can involve any colours or textures of polish or nail art materials guided by your ideas or environment. Please send the photo(s) of your work to bellatrix42 on or before the submission date for your set.

Volunteer Sign-up List & Schedule For Inspiration Mani Submissions

Inspiration Set Two

Please sign up by June 21st & submit photo(s) to bellatrix42 by June 29th.

1. disconik

Inspiration Set Three

Please sign up by July 7th & submit photo(s) to bellatrix42 by July 15th.

Inspiration Set Four

Please sign up by August 7th & submit photo(s) to bellatrix42 by August 15th.

Inspiration Set Five

Please sign up by September 7th & submit photo(s) to bellatrix42 by September 15th.

1. Courtnee ♥’s ...

Thank-you for volunteering to submit an Inspiration mani!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, and, sorry, I only own cheap nail polish... Still new to the whole makeup and cosmetics thing, is that OK?

Here is the schedule for volunteer sign-up and submitting the Inspiration manis for this activity. Submitting an Inspiration mani is optional and not required to participate in this Challenge, but it will be really interesting to see what everyone does using your mani or nail art as an inspiration! And we're all looking forward to being inspired by you! Sign-ups are now open for Sets Two, Three, Four, and Five. If you're signing up, please Quote this message and insert your user name on the schedule ASAP, or post a message indicating your interest and we'll add your name in sequence. The official version of the Sign-up List & Schedule will be updated from time to time and posted at the top of this thread.

Inspiration mani submissions can involve any colours or textures of polish or nail art materials guided by your ideas or environment. Please send the photo(s) of your work to bellatrix42 on or before the submission date for your set.

Inspiration Set Two

Inspiration Set Three

Inspiration Set Four

Inspiration Set Five

Please sign up by September 7th & submit photo(s) to bellatrix42 by September 15th.

1. Courtnee ♥’s ...

Ok, here is a demo of how to sign up. @Courtnee ♥’s ... I've added you to the sign-up sheet for Set Five. You are now signed up! If you're another person who is interested in signing up to submit an inspiration, either post your comment on the thread like Courtnee ♥’s ... did or Quote this post as if to comment on it and add your name to the list.

Oh, and, sorry, I only own cheap nail polish... Still new to the whole makeup and cosmetics thing, is that OK?
Of course - you can use whatever nail polish you have and makes you happy! The whole point is to have fun, share our nail art, and learn new techniques. Don't feel pressured to use better or fancier polishes or tools, and don't feel like your nail art or the inspiration you send in isn't good enough. There are many levels of ability and experience with nail art on MakeupTalk. I for one am definitely a novice :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think we all aspire to get nail polish for cheap! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Believe it or not, some of the best nail polishes for doing anything - straightforward one-colour mani, excellent white base, perfect pigmented shade for stamping... are from the more inexpensive lines when it comes to nail polish. If you take a look through the stamping and nail polish threads, you'll see recommendations from nail art enthusiasts for specific Wet 'n Wild, Sinful Colors, and other drugstore brand colours. It's good to know!

So yes, it's totally OK.

Simple Inspiration mani submissions are great as people can choose to keep it simple or elaborate as they wish in their own manis. And if you see a complex inspiration mani, you can take one aspect of it for your own mani. We don't all have the same materials or talents, but that is what makes it interesting.

I'm in! This is going to be so much fun!
Wonderful!

And we're still looking for people who are game to submit Inspiration manis, especially for Set Two as it will come soon and we're all looking forward to being inspired!

Inspiration Set Two

1. disconik

Inspiration Set Three

Inspiration Set Four

Inspiration Set Five

1. Courtnee ♥’s ...

I signed up to submit for set two! 

I'm more of a beginner when it comes to nail art. But I'll see if I can come up with something to submit an inspiration.

Back