33 Days of Decluttering - November/December 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am way behind on this challenge but I still want to hit 100 items by the end of day 33. 

Day 27: Quick visit to my mom’s and then I did a zillion loads of laundry

29) Biolage hairspray for my mom

30) Pureology hairspray for my mom

31) 7 of my husband's holey socks (trash)

32) 3 pairs of worn out underwear (trash)

33) 3 pairs of my daughter's pants with holey knees (trash)

34) Broken night light from the girls’ room (trash)

35) Cleaned out car and threw a ton of trash away

Day 27 -- My boyfriend got in on the action and cleaned out the junk drawer. There was literally...junk. A dried out old glue stick, old business cards, old bill statements, a grungy spool of thread, old cell phone charger, and some other randomness that I can't even remember.

Getting there. 6 days to go.

Miss Lawson:  Thanks for starting this thread.  I know that I purged well over 100 items since this challenge started and that was a brilliant start to the decluttering I need to do to make my living space more liveable.  This was definitely a push in the right direction!  In 2015 I am going to continue decluttering & purging.

I'm so glad this helped everyone get on track for the New Year and get some unneeded and unwanted junk out of their homes. 
Yes, I am definitely going to continue with this project, and try to do 100 items a month all year.  God knows I have enough junk to do that. 

I did a huge declutter session the other day and I got rid of well over 100 items of clothing, accessories, and books. Feels great to be done with all of that.

Day 28 & 29 -- got rid of an old lamp that we replaced with a new one. 

A couple of old, ratty dog toys, even though the dog got new ones for X-mas.

And my favorite piece of declutter to date: a treadmill. I bought it thinking it would get use during the colder months, and I just hated the monotony of it. I still ran outside or did exercise videos instead. Finally, we threw that sucker up on craigslist, just in time for fitness resolution season, and it's outta here. Along with a floor protection mat and some belt lubrication spray. 

This thread seems to have gone quiet because I guess most everybody's done. Boy, did I drag my feet on finishing. I just had 12 items to muster, and the laziness had just really set in because I knew I had to tackle my linen closet. I finally mustered up the will, and got rid of old, ratty towels, sheets, and pillowcases that have seen better days, two pillows that have had it, and some other odds and ends like hand towels, and place mats.

Then for good measure, I have a Revlon double sided stick eyeshadow that I did use often and did like, but one side just went flying out and is resting somewhere under the car seat. Then there was a Proactiv product that I found in the back of the closet that expired, oh... four years ago?

So I can consider this project complete!

Back