33 Days of Decluttering - November/December 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Day 3 includes:

1. A rain coat from the Gap -- It's like 10 years old and it never fit me quite right, either. It's still in excellent condition, so I'll donate it.

2. A HUGE stack of magazines that I kept telling myself I'll get to, but I never do, and more keep coming in.

3. A red purse from Benetton that was falling apart.

Day 4:

1. A deodorant from Lush - I just never liked it. Trash.

2. A sweater - it's got a stain on it. I keep trying to add scarves to cover it up, but it's just time to let it go. Trash.

3. Plastic water bottles - we are overrun with water bottles. Paring it down to one per person and donating the rest.

Here are my items for today: I'm going to number my items cumulatively, so I can see how many total I've decluttered.

All of these are being tossed -

5. BBW orange sapphire hand cream - too old, it's gotten grainy

6. CVS acne treatment gel - expired, and I have a replacement already

7. elf eyeshadow - I don't like it, and never use it

8. Too Faced bb cream deluxe sample - almost empty, and I'm too lazy to cut it open to get the rest, when I have better bb creams I want to use

9. Bobbi Brown treatment lip shine - almost empty, and I'd have to scrape it out of the bottom if I wanted to keep using it

10. elf liquid eyeliner - I bought it to try out liquid eyeliner, and decided it doesn't work for me

This decluttering has made me decide to let go of some of the items I don't love, and are almost done or were very cheap, so that I can get to use the items that I actually do love, and spent a lot of money on. I've been holding onto a lot of these items thinking that I would try to get every last drop out of them, but it just isn't worth it to me anymore. I'm also going to be making an effort from now on to only buy/trade for items that I love, so I can keep the clutter down.

[SIZE=10.5pt]Day 4:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Tonight I’ve de-cluttered the rest of the things in my closet.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]1) Purse #1 - Zipper is broken, hole on inside liner, starting to wear out.[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] (Trash)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]2) Purse #2 - [/SIZE]Not feeling the style. (Donate)

[SIZE=10.5pt]3) Purse #3 - Falling Apart. (Trash)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]4) Tote Bag - Hole in bottom. (Trash)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]5) Cross Body Bag - Worn out. (Trash)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]6) Clutch - Don't use it anymore. (Donate)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]7) Slippers - Worn out. (Trash)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]8) Ipsy Make-up bags - I’ve accumulated so many bags that I just don’t use/need. (Donate) [/SIZE]

Today's decluttering:

1,2: I bought two things from Zappos, they didn't quite fit, and I am returning them

3: I have a pair of brand new shoes I received as a gift, they didn't quite fit either ( i have a hard time finding shoes that fit), I am returning it too

So all in all, I am getting rid of shoes today, which takes up a lot of space in my room.

Day 4:

MUFE Sephora birthday mini mascara.  I like the formula, but the mascara globs on the end of the brush and I have to wipe it off or avoid using the end. -trash

Old travel size bottle of contact solution not sure how old,- trash

Nelson travel size shampoo - not good for thick wavy hair - giveaway

So here's what I got done yesterday:

(1) threw out a bunch of old receipts, expired coupons and McDonald's Monopoly game pieces

(2) had a few things on my kitchen counter that need to go to my mother in law's house, so I bagged them up & put them in my car

(3) returned a stack of overdue library books that I never did get around to reading

(4) put a few store loyalty cards into the app on my phone and threw out the cards

Day 5:

[SIZE=10.5pt]Tonight I de-cluttered the rest of my dresser.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]1) Bras/Underwear - Tossed any that were worn out. (Trash)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]2) Socks - Had a few old pairs to toss and also found some that [/SIZE]didn't[SIZE=10.5pt] have a pair. I swear my dryer really does eat them! (Trash)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]3) Bathing Suit - Worn out. (Trash)[/SIZE]

Today I started working on the stacks of papers that we have laying about:

(1) tossed all the grocery ads except current ones (we need to hit the grocery store this weekend)

(2) went through all the mail, tossed all the catalogs, shredded the credit card applications and tossed the junk mail, got bills together to be paid this weekend

(3) went through all the store and restaurant coupons, tossed expired ones and ones we won't use and kept the good ones, put them in a basket in the kitchen so we can use them

(4) have one pair of pants to return to Kohl's that I ordered on line & they didn't fit

(5) found two coke codes, entered them into the website and tossed them

I can tell a difference already and I'm only on day three!!

Apparently, I walked away from the computer without hitting post last night.

Day 5:

1. Pair of nude pumps - don't quite fit right and my daughter likes them better anyway. Out of my closet and into hers.
  2. An orange polo that I don't wear. I don't even like orange, so I'm not sure why I held on to it. Donated. 
  3. A green short sleeved button up shirt - I'm fairly busty, so button up shirts never do work well on me. Sometimes I wore it over a tank and left it open, but I always hated the way the sleeves looked. Donated.

I couldn't post yesterday, so this is for yesterday and today:

Day 4 & 5:

1. a big "baby shower" chair that's been sitting in my garage for well over a year. It's on the sidewalk for someone to take if they want it, or the trash man will take it.

2. A couple of old, ratty towels.

3. Two pairs of out of style, old pants that no longer fit me.

4. A worn out leather purse.

5. OCC lip tar in strumpet -- I may be the only one that doesn't enjoy these. Yes, they are pigmented, but a pain to apply. This tube was getting all separated too.

6. Too Faced La Crème Color Drenched Lip Cream in Marshmallow Bunny -- Nice formula, terrible color on me. Both of these lip products were from Sephora's Give Me More Lip set from 2013, and boy, do I regret that. Only a few things ended up working for me.

I must say, reading your lists gives me ideas of things to toss!

Day 6:

[SIZE=10.5pt]I went through the basket on top of my dresser which stores some of my hair and body care products.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]1) Hand Cream - Not sure how old it is. (Trash)[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]2) Body Cream x2 - Opened them last winter so they're pretty old. Don't really like them. (Trash)[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt][/SIZE]

3) Hairspray - Don't really use it. Giving it to a friend. (Pass Along)

[SIZE=10.5pt]4) Heat Protectant Spray - Pretty much empty. (Trash)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]5) Hair Oil - Used the last bit of it today. (Trash)[/SIZE]

Missed yesterday since I wasn't home long enough to do any de-cluttering. Day 6:

1. Wallet - purchased a new one that is also a wristlet. Donate
  2. Watch that doesn't work - I waited too long to return it for refund or repair. Trash
  3. Cobra Tag - thing that's supposed to help you find your phone, etc. It was so annoying and kept beeping all of the time. Charging cord is lost, so trash.
  4. Expired coupons - trash
  5. Sephora tote bag - donate

I'm a bit late to this party, but I'm going to join anyway  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. I,may be moving out of state next year, so some de-cluttering is in order. Getting rid of three items a day probably won't work for me, so I'm going to aim for getting rid of 100 items over a course of 33 days. Mostly aiming at cloths and beauty stuff, but some random items may show up as well.

Today's batch:

1. Dress pants that never fitted me well - donate

2. Pencil skirt in size 2 (not sure why I still have it) - donate

3. Summer blazer that wan't worn in a couple of year, but still has some life left in it - donate

4. Rite Aid daily scrub. I didn't really like and I never reach out for it anymore - trash

5. November 2014 Ipsy bag - donate

I didn't get a chance to declutter or post yesterday so I am aiming for 6 (or more) things today...here is what I have so far

(1) pair of tweezers, they never really worked, not sure why I held onto them...trash

(2) Tricalm sample-I used it once for an itchy spot on my leg, didn't work, not sure why I thought I would keep it...trash

(3) lipgloss from a sub bag, I don't use lipgloss really, so this will go as an extra for my secret Santa

(4) small mesh gift bag-sending it to my secret Santa with all the extras in it

(5) false eyelashes from a sub bag-I don't use them-will stick it in my sell/trade pile

(6) grill cover-we bought it and it was too small for our grill & we never got around to returning it, will put it in the garage sale pile

This might be all I get to today, but if I get more I will post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back