A Garnier Nutrisse "Chocolate Caramel"

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by sherice thank you! Yeah me too...its sad because they have some good colors....so far the red is still there.....I'm really liking this dye! Thats great!
smile.gif
Just try and use a color protecting shampoo/conditioner. And if you're going to be out in the sun a lot, wear a baseball hat or use a UV color protectant before and after you blowdry
wink.gif

Originally Posted by LVA yeah .. i have naturally dark asian hair. It's so stubborn, it doesn't even change colors -go lighter-during the summer. I tried to dye it chestnut brown - a really light color- and all the color just washed out even though i left it in for 30 minutes .... sigh* thanks for letting me know so that i don't waste my money lol
lol i recommend loreal's hi-lift browns btw..it works great!

Originally Posted by LVA yeah .. i have naturally dark asian hair. It's so stubborn, it doesn't even change colors -go lighter-during the summer. I tried to dye it chestnut brown - a really light color- and all the color just washed out even though i left it in for 30 minutes .... sigh*
Sally

has has a line especially for dark hair! I'll have to look next time I'm there. But if you can get a hold of ebay...look up hair color especially for dark hair. Also if that doesn't work you could always bleach it...just a little. THEN add the color you'd like. Any damage from the bleach would be helped by the color being deposted in the hair shaft.

Hope I helped some, luv AM

Originally Posted by Anyah_Green Sallyhas has a line especially for dark hair! I'll have to look next time I'm there. But if you can get a hold of ebay...look up hair color especially for dark hair. Also if that doesn't work you could always bleach it...just a little. THEN add the color you'd like. Any damage from the bleach would be helped by the color being deposted in the hair shaft.

Hope I helped some, luv AM

bleach isn't really needed to get a regular brown colour.
just get the loreal's feria hi-lift series:

4d724e374d4f56456e504e474833525541-100x100.jpg

here's a pic of me with brown hair (no bleach!), but roots grown in:

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=239567

i luv that color on u honey!! ... *runs to the drugstore* .... think i will try this ... thx u !!

i really hope this works on me .. .tried so many dif products

tried dying my hair brown ... rite now . . .it's kinda reddish .... not realli black anymore ... hope this doesn't make it redder ....

Originally Posted by LVA tried dying my hair brown ... rite now . . .it's kinda reddish .... not realli black anymore ... hope this doesn't make it redder .... Brunette hair will usually go through the red stage when you're lightening. Even though you're not just 'bleaching' it... the developer that comes with a high-lift dye comes with a stronger peroxide than a normal dye... so you are bleaching it - just adding color in the same step.
smile.gif

i never knew that!! .. thx NYAngel

... wut do u think will happen if i dye it red ..? will it go more red?

Wow, I LOVE that color! I am definitely looking for it the next time I'm at the store!!!

Originally Posted by LVA i never knew that!! .. thx NYAngel... wut do u think will happen if i dye it red ..? will it go more red?

When you add a red to a dark brunette, it will usually turn a dark mohagony or auburn... almost like a 'cherry cola' color... still dark - but you'll probably see the red tones in the sun
smile.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 When you add a red to a dark brunette, it will usually turn a dark mohagony or auburn... almost like a 'cherry cola' color... still dark - but you'll probably see the red tones in the sun
smile.gif
I tired the hi-lifts .... barely change the color of my hair .... do u suggest bleaching it ? ..... i'm on the fence about it .. .because i really want a new hair color .... even though i love black ..
.... my hair is also chemically straightened .. i also straighten it on a daily basis , blowdry , and really abuse my hair .... lol ..... so bleaching sounds really dangerous .... or should i just pay $60 and have it professional done ??

I just wanted to add I love Garnier Nutrisse too- I use it to color my hair all the time and I always get great results. It really does leave my hair shiny and soft!

I love the color, I was happy dying my hair with Koleston before, but then I found this Garnier caramel tone and Koleston didn't have it so I give it a try.
I think I like it!

Is Garnier a permanent hair color? Does the box say that it covers grey? I am always looking for hair color that has a good variety of brown or reds.

Back