A little advice please.....

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That't great!
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by tashbash Thanks for all of the great advice everyone!
icon_biggrin.gif
We got one of those motion detector lights and my hubby installed it yesterday. Oh and Charmaine, I had a talk with him like you suggested. He was TOTALLY feeling macho that I needed him to help make me feel safer!
rolleyes.gif
So last night he was SOOOOO cute! He was so tired but was trying everything so that I would fall asleep before he did.:icon_love And for the first night in awhile, I actually slept ALL night! Thanks again guys!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Glad stuff is getting a little better for you! Here's the info I have on break-ins and such-

A looong time ago when I was in 6th grade, my parents went out of town so I stayed with my grandparents in a suburb of Seattle(we lived in the city but in a VERY residential almost suburban area). They were taking me home, and my best friend's parents were outside my house, it was really weird. So we found out that someone had broken into our house! The weird thing was that we had the motion sensor lights, and it didn't stop them. They must've been watching our house specifically and knowing that we were going to be gone(same thing happened with our neighbors across the street). It really was a scary situation. There were crowbar marks on my room's window, and my parents', and they couldn't get in, then they tried the dog door which had a wood thing in it- which they splintered and got in through. They were some freaky criminals. They didn't take big stuff- just an heirloom locket that my deceased great grandmother had handed down to me- instead of any of her other great grandchildren. Sad stuff. They must've been freaked or something because they didn't take the tv or find the computers. For our neighbors, they took a huge tv, vcr, 3 computers! Yikes. Anyway, that's what happened to us, but we were gone(thankfully, who knows if they were armed). The flood lights didn't do a thing which was totally weird...some ballsy burglars! I would say get a security system. I don't know why we never got one...I wanted one, but probably too expensive, plus we do have a dog door that the dogs need to use, so it might not work so well.

I would definitely call the police so they can check up on you and look out for you! That tapping is freaky...why would anyone do that? Weird stuff! Good luck!

Okay that story definately didn't make me feel better!
icon_eek.gif
But I understand what you're saying. I kinda wondered if the lights would really stop someone if they were determined. The good thing is that we are just renting, we just needed to hurry and find a place here in Missouri because my husband got transferred. So hopefully we won't have to stay in this house for very long. An alarm system will be priority when we finally buy a house though I can tell you that!!!

We don't have motion detector lights but flood lights that turn on with the switch right next to my bed. Also I have 6 security cameras on the corners of my house that do constant recording and which I can watch on any of the tv's at any time. I usually keep the tv in the kitchen on the camera channel. Although we live in a nice area and our old house was a nice area too we had quite a scare in our old house. My husband owns a couple of restaurants therefore he doesn't get home until after the bar closes. One night about 3am just after he got home he was taking out the garbage. All of a sudden he noticed a man walking down the side of our house coming from the backyard down to the front. There was no reason anyone would be walking through there for any reason let alone at 3 am. Behind our house was a running stream about 12 feet across and 4-5 deep. Also it was an empty heavily weeded lot next door to us. This man must have been trying to break in or was a peeping tom but whatever he was scared the shit out of my husband and now our new house is like Fort Knox. Make sure you make a police report and ask that they do a few drive by patrols a night for awhile. Also find out if there is any type of neighborhood watch around or maybe even organize it yourself. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back