A Prayer for Baby Calum (urgent)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, I have some very very sad news to share and hope that you will all say a little prayer for a specail little 6 month old baby named Calum. My friend gave birth to a then very healthy happy baby boy 6 months ago. About 2 weeks ago his vigilant mother noticed her baby seemed to be wheezy and took him to hospital. At first the Doctors thought baby Calum had TB,but after further investigation discovered that it wasn't TB but cancer. This cute little baby has cancer, a brain tumour. We were warned that this was very unsual and rare and that the prognosis was not good. However it was decided that Calum would be given chemotherapy (the doctors said they wouldn't give him chemo unless there was a chance he would survive). It has only been a few weeks since his admission and diagnosis. Now unbelievably we have been told that the chemo hasn't done anything to slow or stunt the growth and it would be inhumain to keep giving him chemo. He has been on a ventalator and life support machine to help him breath etc. My friend is devasted that there is nothing that can be done to save her little boy. He has been taken off the ventilator and we have been told he only has a matter of days if that. Bascially it would take a miricle to save him,as the tumour is shaped like a small donought and because of where it is, it cant be safley removed. The wee soul is going to pass away soon. I am pretty devasted myself because i have never heard of a baby having cancer at 6 months old. I didnt even think it would be possible. So very soon there is going to be a funeral. I have been praying for this little boys life and have asked for people to pray for him. I would like to ask anyone who reads this to please say a little prayer for baby Calum. Does anyone know of any Prayers that could be posted here? I know its only a matter of a very short time, but when the inevitable has happened i would like be able to tell his Mother and Father that people around the world have been praying for their child. I am hoping for their sakes that this will comfort them in some way, as there is absolutley nothing i will be able to say or do to take away the massive pain they are going through. God Bless Calum and his parents.xxx

Candy, I will offer a prayer on behalf of Calum and his family. Please offer my sympathy, as well.

Hi Candy, thank you for sharing that with us. My heart really hurts for your friend and I will surely pray for them. Things like this is what makes us appreciate what we have.

Not sure what religion you are but here is a little prayer:

Our Father, we thank You for wonderful gift You have given to our friends. You are the giver of all good things and and we bless you for giving this little life.

But this loved one is very sick. We ask that you might hear our prayer for the healing of this little body. You are the great healer and with You nothing is impossible. You power is great and Your love is precious and Your plan is perfect. We pray that it may be Your will to make this wonderfully precious little child well again. We thank you for the gifts You have given to the medical profession and we ask You to bless their efforts in this situation. We acknowledge that ultimately healing must come from you so we leave this dear child in your loving arms. May the arms of the One who called children to Him on earth surround this precious child and give healing and life. We ask for grace to pray that Your will be done.

You see the tears of mother and father and family; You know their fears that shake their faith. Grant them Your presence and Your peace every day. Strengthen them as they turn to You.

In Jesus's wonderful Name we pray.

Amen

Originally Posted by candy Hi,I have some very very sad news to share and hope that you will all say a little prayer for a specail little 6 month old baby named Calum.

My friend gave birth to a then very healthy happy baby boy 6 months ago. About 2 weeks ago his vigilant mother noticed her baby seemed to be wheezy and took him to hospital. At first the Doctors thought baby Calum had TB,but after further investigation discovered that it wasn't TB but cancer. This cute little baby has cancer, a brain tumour. We were warned that this was very unsual and rare and that the prognosis was not good. However it was decided that Calum would be given chemotherapy (the doctors said they wouldn't give him chemo unless there was a chance he would survive). It has only been a few weeks since his admission and diagnosis. Now unbelievably we have been told that the chemo hasn't done anything to slow or stunt the growth and it would be inhumain to keep giving him chemo. He has been on a ventalator and life support machine to help him breath etc. My friend is devasted that there is nothing that can be done to save her little boy. He has been taken off the ventilator and we have been told he only has a matter of days if that. Bascially it would take a miricle to save him,as the tumour is shaped like a small donought and because of where it is, it cant be safley removed. The wee soul is going to pass away soon. I am pretty devasted myself because i have never heard of a baby having cancer at 6 months old. I didnt even think it would be possible. So very soon there is going to be a funeral.

I have been praying for this little boys life and have asked for people to pray for him. I would like to ask anyone who reads this to please say a little prayer for baby Calum. Does anyone know of any Prayers that could be posted here? I know its only a matter of a very short time, but when the inevitable has happened i would like be able to tell his Mother and Father that people around the world have been praying for their child. I am hoping for their sakes that this will comfort them in some way, as there is absolutley nothing i will be able to say or do to take away the massive pain they are going through. God Bless Calum and his parents.xxx

Shoey, that was very touching prayer. I am seriously touched by it. YOu are wonderful

I will also pray for Calum

Originally Posted by shoediva

Hi Candy, thank you for sharing that with us. My heart really hurts for your friend and I will surely pray for them. Things like this is what makes us appreciate what we have.

Our Father, we thank You for wonderful gift You have given to our friends. You are the giver of all good things and and we bless you for giving this little life.

But this loved one is very sick. We ask that you might hear our prayer for the healing of this little body. You are the great healer and with You nothing is impossible. You power is great and Your love is precious and Your plan is perfect. We pray that it may be Your will to make this wonderfully precious little child well again. We thank you for the gifts You have given to the medical profession and we ask You to bless their efforts in this situation. We acknowledge that ultimately healing must come from you so we leave this dear child in your loving arms. May the arms of the One who called children to Him on earth surround this precious child and give healing and life. We ask for grace to pray that Your will be done.

You see the tears of mother and father and family; You know their fears that shake their faith. Grant them Your presence and Your peace every day. Strengthen them as they turn to You.

Amen

That is so heartbreaking, I have tears in my eyes. I will keep Calum in my prayers tonight. I will say a prayer to St Jude who in the Catholic faith is the Patron Saint for seemingly hopeless situations and a prayer to St Gerard who is the Patron Saint to Mothers and Children. Here is a prayer for Calum Prayer to Calums Guardian Angel O Angels of God, from heaven so bright, watching beside my children to lead them aright; Fold your wings round them, and guard them with love; Softly sing songs to them of heaven above. Amen

ShoeDiva, I couldn't have said it better myself. Amen.

Originally Posted by shoediva Hi Candy, thank you for sharing that with us. My heart really hurts for your friend and I will surely pray for them. Things like this is what makes us appreciate what we have.

Amen

Originally Posted by shoediva Hi Candy, thank you for sharing that with us. My heart really hurts for your friend and I will surely pray for them. Things like this is what makes us appreciate what we have.

Amen

Beautiful prayer. I have prayed as well. I put my faith in God and know that he is with Calum, as with all of us, all along.Sincerely,

Cali

I thought a prayer for Baby Calum's family might help too! I can't even begin to imagine how devastating this has been for them.

heartanim.gif
for all those who carry the very heavy burden of caring ..

Our loving Father in heaven,
we thank You that You are a God who cares. You demonstrated this most perfectly when You gave You Son to die for us. You are a God full of mercy and love and grace.

We ask You to bless all who care for children today. We thank you for mothers, fathers, grandparents, or whoever it is who has given everything to support this child through illness. They need to know Your love and grace in abundance. We ask You to keep them in good health. We ask You to surround them with Your Presence and bless them in their own souls.

We pray for the other family members, sometimes young children who cannot understand why family life has been turned on its head. Help them to accept the situation and have peace in their hearts too.

In our Saviour's wonderful Name we pray.

Amen

Thanks so much everyone, for your loving thoughts and prayers. I am sitting here with tears in my eyes. Calum was taken of the life support machine,but is still fighting for his life. The Doctors said that he has a really strong heartbeat, but beciase of his immune system they cant keep giving him chemo. I know death isn't an easy thing for anyone to handle, but for some reason i have always taken it really hard and it seems to take years for me to recover from any bearevement. It was the same with my Father and then i lost my beloved Dog Muttleyx who was my baby. The good thing about all this especially regarding Baby Calum, is that there are people kind enough to say a little prayer for him and that he is in people's thoughts. Knowing that there are people who care and have compassion is a comfort in itself as i am sure these prayers will be when i show them to his Mum and Dad. Thanks again everyone.

Candy, you, your friends & baby Calum are in my prayers. I've told my family about this & they're all praying for him now too.

Thanks Laura! and of course to everyone who has Calum in their prayers and thoughts. Nice to see you back online again as i was wondering where you were.

Amen

Beautiful Shoey..Amen..Candy,I will also be praying for baby Calum and his family

We will pray for baby Calum. I can't even imagine how the parents are dealing with this.... such a heart wrenching story....

Originally Posted by candy Nice to see you back online again as i was wondering where you were. Internet at home was messed up so i couldnt log on
icon_evil.gif
, all is cool again though. Keep us up to date on baby Calum..

UPDATE

Hi everyone,

I just thought i would let you all know that the couple who lost their Son Calum not long ago to a tragic brain tumour, are now looking forward to having another baby! Obviously the new baby won't replace Calum but i thought i would let you know that Ceciel is pregnant again. I only found out a few days ago, but i am very happy for her and her boyfriend.

Thanks to all for their prayer's and i do know that everyone here wishes them the very best. I will keep everyone updated as things happen.

Thanks for that update Candy! That is amazing news. I wish them the very best!

Hi everyone,I just thought i would let you all know that the couple who lost their Son Calum not long ago to a tragic brain tumour, are now looking forward to having another baby! Obviously the new baby won't replace Calum but i thought i would let you know that Ceciel is pregnant again. I only found out a few days ago, but i am very happy for her and her boyfriend.

Thanks to all for their prayer's and i do know that everyone here wishes them the very best. I will keep everyone updated as things happen.

Candy that is wonderful news. Our God works in sometimes mysterious yet wonderful ways, I think this is a prime example.

God Bless them.

Originally Posted by candy UPDATE
Hi everyone,

I just thought i would let you all know that the couple who lost their Son Calum not long ago to a tragic brain tumour, are now looking forward to having another baby! Obviously the new baby won't replace Calum but i thought i would let you know that Ceciel is pregnant again. I only found out a few days ago, but i am very happy for her and her boyfriend.

Originally Posted by candy UPDATE
Hi everyone,

That's wonderful Candy! I wish them the best! I feel so bad about thier other child - just found this post... that's so sad. I'm glad they are having another baby soon... it won't replace him, but I'm sure there will a part of Calum in the new baby. Congrats to your friends!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Amen

And Shoey - that's a beautiful prayer! Very touching.

That's wonderful news about the new baby on the way! Congratulations to them!

Latest posts

Back