A question about Revlon lipstick.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay, this may sound strange, but it's one of those 'I really want to know' things! When did Revlon change their casing from the one in this picture to the one I know and love? (Black with a gold or silver band round the middle with the brand name on it and a clear top, I know they made the band thinner a few years ago which I remember, which helps me judge how old stuff I buy on ebay might be, but as I've seen some of the really old stuff floating around that's not the worst of it as far as I'm concerned. And I have lipsticks older than the ones I've got off ebay anyway, just by different brands.)

199509RevlonCindyCrawfordRaisinRage.jpg

Revlon like many other bands, change the packaging of their items at least once a year if not ever six months.

They sometimes change the name of the color while the color itself remains the same.... So nxt time you think your favorite color has been discontinued, call the customer service number and they will give you an idea or what the new name is :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hope this helps.

[No eBay links per TOS, please.]

Last edited by a moderator:
The link wasn't me, it came up in my post after I posted it, which has never happened to me before, (comes up as 'shopping link added by skimwords' when I hover the mouse above it, whoever they are.) 

From what I've seen Revlon rarely change their packaging, their core range of lipsticks have been pretty much the same since I got my first one over five years ago. Barry M, another brand I have a lot of, have not changed their lipstick packaging in the 11 years I've been buying them. I'll figure it out. Thank you for your help. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

@@GlitterGoth You were fine! The poster after you had their eBay link in their post, which is very specifically not allowed, so I removed it from that post. The mods are all too painfully familiar with Skimwords! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

In 1995 I was 7, I sometimes think I missed out on some really fun make-up from the 80s and 90s, oh to travel back in time. Though they still do these lipsticks, which are going on my wishlist. I adore Revlon lippies, (and I need to get off ebay before I buy anymore!) 

Latest posts

Back