? about eyeshadow colors to use

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am a 32 yr old wife and mother of 2. I have hazel eyes and a light-medium complexion. I have natural dark brown hair that is dyed a deep red close to auburn with light blond highlights just on top. I was wondering what colors would work the best for me. eyeshadows and eyeliners. I bought new colors such as white, black, maroon, shadow, taffy and snowfrost. I also bought some new liners such as silver, chrome, gold, white, shamrock, and midnight blue. I was wondering if I could get away with wearing these colors and what would be the best pairing of the shadows and liners? Please help me! Anita

Originally Posted by pamperyou I agree!! With your coloring and hair, coppers, browns, and plums will look good!! I would suggest a brown eye-liner and play with a fine line to a smudged line. Play with it and have fun..........that's the best part of trying new colors!! Let us know what you like!! Amie I also agree with the coppers and bronzes..Also maybe some deep plums and some peach would look great on you also..Yes,you can also pull off greens..I have fairly similar coloring to yours and have recently discovered the wonderful world of deep greens and turquoise after years of staying FAR away from them..I usually stuck to earth tones but have realized actual color looks good on me too..LOL Some of my favorite shades are MAC Parrot,Steamy,Surreal,Hipnotique and PLumage(these make an awesome smokey green/blue eye)UD Shattered,Shu Uemura ME 638..Don't be afraid to experiment;D

Thank-you to all for the replies on the eyeshadow advice. This is such a great group of people! This is absolutely my favorite site on the internet! I will be printing all the replies and putting them to use. Thanks again, Anita

Excellent advice!
smile.gif

I've found that once you determine what your best color application method is, then you can play with different colors to suit your mood. I have slightly deep set eyes with a moderately high arch, which gives me a lot of crease and browbone room to work with. My eye shape is similar to Catherine Zeta Jones, as a reference. For a sexy natural look, I like a wash of medium color on the lids and crease with a lighter color blended onto the browbone to blur the lid color. I lightly use a pencil liner on the upper and lower lashlines for definition, then I take a deep-colored powder shadow, like a black or deep brown or plum, and add a touch of shadow to the outer corners to elongate my eyes. A fine, tapered shadow brush works well for this. I use this template and play with all sorts of colors: blues, greens, bronzes, plums...etc.

I also use a light shade on my lids and a deeper shade in my crease for contouring. With my eye shape, this comes out more dramatic so it's best for evenings.

Originally Posted by kerina Sounds like you're a really natural beauty! I agree with Bobbi browns saying that we should never try to use a eyeshadow that's similar to our eye colour (eg blue eyeshadow for blue eyes). Instead we should always use a contrasting colour (but pls dun take it like I'm telling to contrast like a peacock). If ur eyes are deep set with double eye lids, you can just use a single wash of soft shade eg light shimmery beige or light silver to open up ur eye (gives other a refresh & groom feeling). Also, I think dark eyeliners on the upper rim eg. dark grey & dark brown would suit you well. I always find using eyeshadow as eyeliner gives a more natural & sexy feel. New colours should never be applied with a heavy hand. Plus if you apply ur eyeshadow very sheerly together with those new eyeliner, it'll give others a feeling that you're bold & confident (instead of painted clown) even if the colour clash. Do remember to blend well. Good luck to ur attempts!

Latest posts

Back