Actress Zellweger weds country star Chesney

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I don't know what to think of this. I htought she was dating Damien Rice.

Tue May 10, 5:03 PM ET

Oscar-winning actress Renee Zellweger and country music star Kenny Chesney put the wraps on their brisk courtship with a private Caribbean wedding on Monday, just four months after meeting at a concert benefit.

The celebrity nuptials were held before close friends and family on the island of St. John in the U.S. Virgin Islands, according to a statement from Zellweger's publicist, Nanci Ryder. The bride wore Carolina Herrera.

Zellweger, 36, and Chesney, 37, began dating earlier this year after they met in January at a tsunami relief benefit where he was performing.

The Texas-born actress, who won an Academy Award for her supporting role in "Cold Mountain," will next be seen in the upcoming boxing feature "Cinderella Man."

Chesney, a native of Tennessee, burst on the country scene in the mid-1990s and has gone on to record such hits as "She's Got It All," "You Had Me From Hello," "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy" and "The Good Stuff."

In November, he was named entertainer of the year by the Country Music Association and won the CMA's top album award for "When the Sun Goes Down."

Hey I heard the news too. I think it's cool, love at first site kind of thing. I guess nobody knew until she came out at one of his concerts and brought him a Margarita. Cute pictures of them. He's pretty big in the country scene.

eeeeewwww. Are you serious. Gross. Never understood why Julia Roberts was with him. I say good for them and hope it works out for them.:icon_love

awww. they look cute! i think she's kind of crazy though. she's always dieting like crazy

I was just reading over the weekend that they finally admitted to being a couple. Talk about speed dating. All the best to them.

This was a huge surprise. I like her dress and that she went blonde again, but she is so pale. Hope it works out.

He's my favorite singer ever and I have never been a fan of Renee Zellweger...she looks so weird IMO! But since I like him, I hope it works out...still why get married so quickly? Maybe she's pregnant or something...or she wanted some attention for her movie that's coming out since I didn't hear about it before reading that they got married!

Originally Posted by tylda1969 eeeeewwww. Are you serious. Gross. Never understood why Julia Roberts was with him. I say good for them and hope it works out for them.:icon_love Have you heard any of his songs? He has an AMAZING voice!

Lyle or Kenny? Kenny is great! I can't think of any Lyle Lovett songs right now. Does he sound kinda like Randy Travis?

Latest posts

Back