Addiction..

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello. My name is Susie. And I'm an addict. My drug of choice is The Sims. At first, I could play The Sims a few days a week, for an hour or two, at most. Then, I found the cheat codes, ways to make The Sims richer than god, make them fall in love or fight or run away or even light themselves on fire. Now....now, it's a daily habit. And I could play all day, stopping only to refill my Diet Coke glass or go to the bathroom. Then I discovered the Expansion Packs- Double Deluxe, House Party, Unleashed and now I can't stop. All I do is wonder which family member I can get to buy me another expansion pack for Christmas- Sims Vacation, Sims Hot Date, Sim Magic!!!! This is the worst part of my addiction- I talk about them to my husband all day, as though they were real people. I defend their actions, my actions, and the time I spend creating them. My addiction has even made his own X Box addiction pale in comparison. I wish I could quit..I wish I could find the power to quit on my own, to be able to say with certainty that I will never play again....but I can't. The demon inside me still wants to play...and I'm not strong enought to fight it. Someone, anyone....please save me from myself!!!!!!!! Btw- go to thesims.com . It rocks!!

Ok thats IT!!!!!!!!! YOu need an INTERVENTION!!!! Lets all gather around Suz and talk about her problem....talk about the Sims and the expansion packs.....
biggrin.gif

by the way the new one is 'MAKIN Magic'
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by bluepisces

Hello.

My name is Susie.

And I'm an addict.

My drug of choice is The Sims. At first, I could play The Sims a few days a week, for an hour or two, at most. Then, I found the cheat codes, ways to make The Sims richer than god, make them fall in love or fight or run away or even light themselves on fire. Now....now, it's a daily habit. And I could play all day, stopping only to refill my Diet Coke glass or go to the bathroom.

Then I discovered the Expansion Packs- Double Deluxe, House Party, Unleashed and now I can't stop. All I do is wonder which family member I can get to buy me another expansion pack for Christmas- Sims Vacation, Sims Hot Date, Sim Magic!!!!

This is the worst part of my addiction- I talk about them to my husband all day, as though they were real people. I defend their actions, my actions, and the time I spend creating them. My addiction has even made his own X Box addiction pale in comparison.

I wish I could quit..I wish I could find the power to quit on my own, to be able to say with certainty that I will never play again....but I can't. The demon inside me still wants to play...and I'm not strong enought to fight it.

Someone, anyone....please save me from myself!!!!!!!!

Btw- go to thesims.com . It rocks!!

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg, i cracked up

Originally Posted by Blahgirl

Hello Suzie, have you tried getting some help for your addiction?

Oh I didnt mean professional help, but the SIMS online help forums LOLOL
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by bluepisces Hello. My name is Susie. And I'm an addict. My drug of choice is The Sims. At first, I could play The Sims a few days a week, for an hour or two, at most. Then, I found the cheat codes, ways to make The Sims richer than god, make them fall in love or fight or run away or even light themselves on fire. Now....now, it's a daily habit. And I could play all day, stopping only to refill my Diet Coke glass or go to the bathroom. Then I discovered the Expansion Packs- Double Deluxe, House Party, Unleashed and now I can't stop. All I do is wonder which family member I can get to buy me another expansion pack for Christmas- Sims Vacation, Sims Hot Date, Sim Magic!!!! This is the worst part of my addiction- I talk about them to my husband all day, as though they were real people. I defend their actions, my actions, and the time I spend creating them. My addiction has even made his own X Box addiction pale in comparison. I wish I could quit..I wish I could find the power to quit on my own, to be able to say with certainty that I will never play again....but I can't. The demon inside me still wants to play...and I'm not strong enought to fight it. Someone, anyone....please save me from myself!!!!!!!! Btw- go to thesims.com . It rocks!! This is funny. What about creative. You actually sound like a movie scipt writer in training, or a researcher for a fiction novel you're about to start. What if you actually wrote it out, and/or used this as template for an autobiography? Or, how about creating scenarios that could be turned over to the network of your choice soap opera? Sometimes a creative 'addiction' is a positive outlet that demands expression. I wouldn't quit but perhaps dig a little deeper & find out what makes this so fulfilling & do it in a bigger, public way.

Gidget- the most important cheat code (and the only one I use regularly) is the money code- do a ctrl/shift/c and when the window pops up, type rosebud . This gives you a thousand dollars. Do ctrl/shift/c again and then do !; to repeat the previous command- I usually do !;!;!;!; about 200 times (cut and paste using the hot keys otherwise it'll suck) and then I've got millionaires that have the best houses and best parties.

LOL- I just realized how crazy I sound!! Anyway, email me or AIM/yahoo IM me if you didnt quite get it
biggrin.gif

How can I when you are offline via AIM...DOH!

Originally Posted by bluepisces

Gidget- the most important cheat code (and the only one I use regularly) is the money code- do a ctrl/shift/c and when the window pops up, type rosebud . This gives you a thousand dollars. Do ctrl/shift/c again and then do !; to repeat the previous command- I usually do !;!;!;!; about 200 times (cut and paste using the hot keys otherwise it'll suck) and then I've got millionaires that have the best houses and best parties.

LOL- I just realized how crazy I sound!! Anyway, email me or AIM/yahoo IM me if you didnt quite get it
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back