Advice Needed for Evening Makeup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a wedding to go to. I'll be wearing a black dress that is simple and sandals that have a rhinestone strap across the toes.

Normally when I'm going out somewhere (where I have to be dressed up) I just do my normal eye makeup but just go heavier on the lid shadow. I'm finding it boring and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how I could do my eyes to really accentuate them and any other tips or suggestions (lips, etc.)

I feel like my makeup look never changes but perhaps I just need a different approach.

I did buy some of that sparkle powder you dust on your cleavage area but never used it yet. (ok, it was chocolate scented, so that's the real reason I bought it)
icon_redface.gif

I like that idea. Especially since my dress is understated. If I do a smoky eye, do I use a highlighter on my brow bone?

Ok, so I was thinking of a dark smoky brown shadow and a peachy highlighter on the brow bone. (similar to what I wear every day only not as dark on the brown). Dark brown liner around the eye too.

That sounds like it would look great! A nice smoky eye would really go well with a black dress! You might want to try some false lashes on the outer corners to really make your lashes look awesome!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by charms23 Great idea, Janelle! I think false lashes would really add something extra to your look. I think you should go for it, Amethyst!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Little extra 'punch'
wink.gif

I agree with the girls....SMOKEY is the way to go w/Black...take a look at Trisha's eyemake up in her portfolio - She has her eyes done up with a charcoal (I think) almost blackish shadow....I LOVE IT... that look is so attractive - ...Out of all her pictures she has posted on the NotePad., to me, That is my favorite one - she looks magnificient --- GO TRISH... post more of those for me, so I can copy you....
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by Amethyst Ok, so I was thinking of a dark smoky brown shadow and a peachy highlighter on the brow bone. (similar to what I wear every day only not as dark on the brown). Dark brown liner around the eye too. Sounds pretty!
Try a mid tone brown all over the lid and then smoke it out to a darker brown in the crease. You could then put a touch of shimmery champagne or peach shadow in the inner corners of your eyes, to add an extra sparkle/pop! And yea, I agree with the other ladies, definitely highlight your browbone.

Post pics!

Latest posts

Back