Advice needed on doing How To videos

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I suspect a lot of people use YouTube to host?

What about any software you use? And why do you use it?

Any advice would be great. I've been noodling on some ideas of nail designs that I'd love to share if I can figure out what all I need. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yeah, most people upload to yt. I use Final Cut Pro because it's user-friendly and offer a ton of editing options.

I've been using Windows Movie Maker because it was free and already on my computer. After using it for a while I've gotten more confident and competent with using it.  At first I felt like a duck out of water and had trouble figuring out how to do simple editing.  I've heard iMovie is good if you are a Mac user.

Thanks Jean!

Right now my only camera is on my phone which I verified last night I can upload to YouTube so I'm going to see if I can get over my camera shyness and do a tutorial. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The you tube editor its very good!
I use I movie any MAC has it! and I just did a new video so you can check out the edition :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> if you like.
its on  make up tutorials under 5 Minute everyday make up! 
GODD LUCK

Overall, would you say its user friendly? I have heard good things about this program as well (windows movie maker) but I've never used it. Hopefully I will be soon tho.

Originally Posted by jeanarick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've been using Windows Movie Maker because it was free and already on my computer. After using it for a while I've gotten more confident and competent with using it.  At first I felt like a duck out of water and had trouble figuring out how to do simple editing.  I've heard iMovie is good if you are a Mac user.

Once I figured out how to use it, it was really simple.  At first I couldn't figure out how to cut out parts of video I didn't want but once I figured that out the rest seemed really easy.

Originally Posted by Hezzie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Overall, would you say its user friendly? I have heard good things about this program as well (windows movie maker) but I've never used it. Hopefully I will be soon tho.

Quote: Originally Posted by jeanarick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does youtube allow for editing out portions of a video? I don't have WMM and since I only really have my work laptop right now (my main rig is in boxes due to space), I can't DL it.

As far as I understand it, whatever you upload to YT has to be the finished product. I've never done make up vids but I have uploaded to YT and I've never seen anything that allows for editing.

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does youtube allow for editing out portions of a video? I don't have WMM and since I only really have my work laptop right now (my main rig is in boxes due to space), I can't DL it.

I edit in iMovie but I would use FInal Cut Pro if I had it. I upload to youtube. You can use the youtube editor as well, it is a lot easier than it used to be as far as I have been told. I am not a pro at editing video though. If you are uploading from your phone to a mac then you can use iMovie for sure to edit it. You can share between your devices. Or if you are uploading directly to youtube you can still edit it there. Youtube also has a lot of royalty-free music and other video options you can use to enhance your video as well! Good luck!

Latest posts

Back