AHHHHH Computers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay ..so I DEFINITELY will not be getting online in the evenings. Our computer died ...tits up ...well the hard drive did! JUST great! Fortunately most of the stuff (files, etc) are kept on an external hd ..however I still have IMPORTANT things on that HD ..hopefully the computer guy will be able to salvage most of it!

Hubby called to ask what to do ...like I could from here at work! So I told him to take it to our local Korean guy who does FABULOUS work (quickly too). So we're upgrading things at same time ..figured it's time ..getting new motherboard, cpu, ram and of course ..a new hard drive. Hopefully the kids won't want to go online until we get it back ..that was our front end system too ..no network until that's back and everything is loaded! FUN ..just fun! Fortunately for my backups, a lot of things will be saved!

Don't you just love HD crashes?
icon_redface.gif

Hi Kim,

I hope you get the computer problem sorted SOON! I am still enjoying and learning how to use my new computer.The last one i had was second hand but with the new one it gives me instructions on how to do things (which i didn't have on my last one). I love this new computer but i waited long enough to get it so i intend to make the most of it as i have a lot of catching up to do.

I hope your friend will be able work his magic and save all your important documents.I lost all mine 2 weeks ago.

When I saw "aaaaaah computer", I immediatly though about Pauline
biggrin.gif

Guillaume (my b/f) is a genius to save docs on a hard drive failed, but I can't tell you how he does it!! lol

Kim, Do you want I ask him?

Hi Kim, OH that sux!

I hate hard drive crashes!!! I had my "very important" drive crash not too long ago. Usually when HDDs crash it, the controller inside. I contacted some data recovery services and they wanted $2500-$4000 to recover data. I was like WTF! Then I contacted a company that would "RENT" me an exact copy of my HDD(took like 3 weeks for them to find one). When I got it I took the top computer chip board (controller) off the top and installed itto my DEAD drive. Installed it, booted it up and it worked FINE!!! I was super happy! So..........I got all my GAMES/MOVIES off the drive and sent the hard drive back to them with their controller back on their drive. Cost me $100. I was SO HAPPY!! WOO HOO. #1 RULE, backup everything!

I use NORTON Ghost to image my drives all the F'ing time It rocks!

Originally Posted by Naturally

Okay ..so I DEFINITELY will not be getting online in the evenings. Our computer died ...tits up ...well the hard drive did! JUST great! Fortunately most of the stuff (files, etc) are kept on an external hd ..however I still have IMPORTANT things on that HD ..hopefully the computer guy will be able to salvage most of it!
Hubby called to ask what to do ...like I could from here at work! So I told him to take it to our local Korean guy who does FABULOUS work (quickly too). So we're upgrading things at same time ..figured it's time ..getting new motherboard, cpu, ram and of course ..a new hard drive. Hopefully the kids won't want to go online until we get it back ..that was our front end system too ..no network until that's back and everything is loaded! FUN ..just fun! Fortunately for my backups, a lot of things will be saved!

Don't you just love HD crashes?
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Hi Kim, OH that sux!
I hate hard drive crashes!!! I had my "very important" drive crash not too long ago. Usually when HDDs crash it, the controller inside. I contacted some data recovery services and they wanted $2500-$4000 to recover data. I was like WTF! Then I contacted a company that would "RENT" me an exact copy of my HDD(took like 3 weeks for them to find one). When I got it I took the top computer chip board (controller) off the top and installed itto my DEAD drive. Installed it, booted it up and it worked FINE!!! I was super happy! So..........I got all my GAMES/MOVIES off the drive and sent the hard drive back to them with their controller back on their drive. Cost me $100. I was SO HAPPY!! WOO HOO. #1 RULE, backup everything!

I use NORTON Ghost to image my drives all the F'ing time It rocks!

Luckily I've never had a crash (knock wood) but it is a real pain in the a$$ I'm sure!
icon_eek.gif

thank god my bf is a comp technician!! but then, i can't do a lot of stuff and watch where i go and what i open online. hehe

My bf is a computer scientist, so it's ok for me too, and he teach me everything he knows
biggrin.gif

Because I hate don't understand what happened in my computer when it's not ok.

I hope you will find the way to have your documents Kim! Good luck, everybody knows what you're feeling! Everybody support you
wink.gif

Latest posts

Back