Airing Dirty Laundry

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm sitting here watching "Maury" and I'm wondering, why do people come on tv when they know that they're lying and take a lie detector test and THEN get mad when the lie detector test says that they're lying? And then they come back multiple times for paternity tests on the same child, just switching out the men. I just do not understand. Is it all fake? What's the deal?

lol! i'm watching jerry springer right now.

maury cracks me up. it's either paternity shows or they have jack hannah with a bunch of animals. hehe

girl: "he IS the father! 150% sure he's the father! watch, you're gonna be paying me some $$ boy!"

maury: "he is NOT the father!"

girl: "Nooooooo!!!!" *throws herself on the floor or runs backstage wailing

hahahahaha

Gotta love it..

Jerry Springer and Maury.. I mean, who in their RIGHT mind, would get on TV and act like that.. or better yet, have the WHOLE world know their business? Sheesh.. then get mad when the audience comments! what is THAT!

ROFLMAO
icon_cheesygrin.gif
. I must admit, I love it when the chick is wrong. They're always sooooooooooo shocked...

Originally Posted by Liz lol! i'm watching jerry springer right now.

maury cracks me up. it's either paternity shows or they have jack hannah with a bunch of animals. hehe

girl: "he IS the father! 150% sure he's the father! watch, you're gonna be paying me some $$ boy!"

maury: "he is NOT the father!"

girl: "Nooooooo!!!!" *throws herself on the floor or runs backstage wailing

hahahahaha

Oh, don't forget Montel... He's so damn 'moral' he's sickening... always trying to "help" someone..... puhlease!!

Originally Posted by MacForMe Gotta love it..
Jerry Springer and Maury.. I mean, who in their RIGHT mind, would get on TV and act like that.. or better yet, have the WHOLE world know their business? Sheesh.. then get mad when the audience comments! what is THAT!

i'm maury's biggest fan. i used to bring him up in school and the class would laugh, thinking i was joking LMAO when my mom yells at me to shut it off, she's like, "WHAT ARE YOU GONNA LEARN WITH THIS SHIT?" and i'm like, "welllllllll, i've already learned it takes 48 hours to get the results of a paternity test." every time i missed school, my siblings would ask if it was because of a maury special
icon_neutral.gif

i've been trying for a year to get tickets!!!

Originally Posted by Jennifer i'm maury's biggest fan. i used to bring him up in school and the class would laugh, thinking i was joking LMAO when my mom yells at me to shut it off, she's like, "WHAT ARE YOU GONNA LEARN WITH THIS SHIT?" and i'm like, "welllllllll, i've already learned it takes 48 hours to get the results of a paternity test." every time i missed school, my siblings would ask if it was because of a maury special
icon_neutral.gif

i've been trying for a year to get tickets!!!

hahahahaha!!! did you really skip school to watch maury?

Originally Posted by Liz hahahahaha!!! did you really skip school to watch maury? i swear! i stayed home to see the exclusive on the 42-year-old married to a 14-year-old
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I've often wondered if the guests are "real". I get a kick out of Maury's paternity shows, testing ten guys or more sometimes. "you're not the father" lol. I always liked the Springer Christmas specials with the feuding family having a food fight. Yes, Montel can be a little self-righteous too. Pure entertainment. I am not a huge Oprah viewer because I cannot stand the screaming and it seems like the audience would go crazy for a piece of s%it, if it was presented. I miss Donahue and Geraldo from the ole days..when I used to be "sick" from school, so I could stay home and watch talk shows.

didn't montel cheat on his wife or something?

oh, and i forgot to add that maury, in real life, is very, very nasty. my cousin used to doorman in his building (NYC) and said he was just so arrogant and stuckup.

i miss ricki lake, too.

I think its all a set up & staged...Come on' ,people can't be that dumb...they're probably told to go wild and act like assholes !
icon_rolleyes.gif
That's what gets ratings!! And without ratings, you're off the air !!

i think the guests could well be payed actors in some cases, especially in shows like ricki lake. anything to entertain, right?

Originally Posted by cottoncandy i think the guests could well be payed actors in some cases, especially in shows like ricki lake. anything to entertain, right? I could see that except that they really suck in the acting department so they can't be paid much..
icon_cheesygrin.gif

But, on the flip side, I have actually known people who were on talk shows... well one.. and she was on Ricki Lake (man I miss Ricki)... unfortunately, I couldn't ask her anything because she was a patient where I worked...

I'm not sure about Maury. I think that's real.

When I watch Jerry, I see the people smile like they're trying not to laugh. Or look away so they wouldn't' be seen smiling. so i think something is up with that show.

Originally Posted by QurlySq I could see that except that they really suck in the acting department so they can't be paid much..
icon_cheesygrin.gif

But, on the flip side, I have actually known people who were on talk shows... well one.. and she was on Ricki Lake (man I miss Ricki)... unfortunately, I couldn't ask her anything because she was a patient where I worked...

i knew a girl on RL, too. she met missy elliott on it, as her biggest fan. she lived across the street from me.

Latest posts

Back