All Things Ulta - Discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've spent too much money there this week now that our local Ulta opened.

So the general manager of the local Ulta hooked me up today with samples on top of the samples that I got for the grand opening today.

Grand opening samples:

1. Kenra Volume Spray 1.5 oz finishing spray
  2. It's a 10 miracle leave-in product 2 oz
  3. Ulta tinted lip balm
  4. Ulta fresh lilac body lotion, 2 oz

She also gave me a sample of

1. Viva La Juice perfume
  2. Prada perfume sample
  3. Escada perfume sample
  4. Pure Nautica perfume sample
  5. Ulta skin care facial moisturizer (0.5 oz)
  6. Prime Time Primer shadow 0.1 oz
  7. Smashbox Photo Finish 1 oz foundation primer.

Of course I also bought an Urban Decay lip gloss and another blush - Quickie (I already own Quickie but under the old formulation). I also ended up chatting with an official UD rep who told me several secrets of products coming out this fall. LOTS of new stuff but I can share with you that they're going to have liquid foundation! I'm excited about that since it's YELLOW based!

I went to Ulta today and got 3 Essie polishes for $2.99 each! I think they might have been marked wrong, because all the other were marked to like $6, including one of the colors I got.

Originally Posted by erinkins /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I went to Ulta today and got 3 Essie polishes for $2.99 each! I think they might have been marked wrong, because all the other were marked to like $6, including one of the colors I got.

Oh wow, well at least you got a great deal! What shades did you get?

All of the free samples sound awesome!

Quote: Originally Posted by TeresaDouglas /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh wow, well at least you got a great deal! What shades did you get?

All of the free samples sound awesome!

I got Red Nouveau, Super Bossa Nova and Fruit Sangria. I've just started getting into polishes and actually don't have very many pinks and no reds, so they were a perfect match for me. It was a steal!

I didnt buy anything - my freakin Ulta was sold out of everything I wanted.
icon_mad.gif

Originally Posted by DreamWarrior /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got me a 20% off coupon ontop of all the sales, I may pick up a new straight iron!
thumbsup2.gif
 I'll let you know when I get back from lunch.

I love that Ulta has "bad" customer service. I mostly like to just look around on my own, but always feel ambushed at Sephora. They just let me do my thing by myself at Ulta but are very helpful if I approach them and have questions. I also can't get NYX or Essence anywhere else. Problem is that they are about a half hour away, so I don't get there too often. Sephora is worse though, it's at least an hour away but near where one of my sisters lives, so I go there when I visit CT instead of here. Oh and I like that Ulta almost always has a great clearance section with fantastic deals.

I agree about the customer service.  I hate to be followed around at Sephora while being asked by a minimum of 5 sales reps whether I "need help finding anything."  I get that it is their job, but can I have a sticker or something that they can give me to signify that someone has already offered to "help" me?  I only have two major complaints about Ulta.  The first is how often they are out of so much stuff.  I find it a little hard to believe that they cannot observe buying patterns at their store and keep their products in stock.  NYX especially- I don't think I have ever been there, even in the middle of the week, when they had more than 6 NYX eyeshadows in stock.  I have regularly been there to find entire makeup brands pretty much sold out.  The other issue I have is what a mess it can be. The testers are always empty or wiped all over stuff.  There are also always so many open products on the shelves that have clearly been used.  I guess I like the wide variety available at Ulta, and I like a lot of their promo deals, but I do appreciate the cleanliness and organization of Sephora.

Originally Posted by Bethesda1234 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree about the customer service.  I hate to be followed around at Sephora while being asked by a minimum of 5 sales reps whether I "need help finding anything."  I get that it is their job, but can I have a sticker or something that they can give me to signify that someone has already offered to "help" me?  I only have two major complaints about Ulta.  The first is how often they are out of so much stuff.  I find it a little hard to believe that they cannot observe buying patterns at their store and keep their products in stock.  NYX especially- I don't think I have ever been there, even in the middle of the week, when they had more than 6 NYX eyeshadows in stock.  I have regularly been there to find entire makeup brands pretty much sold out.  The other issue I have is what a mess it can be. The testers are always empty or wiped all over stuff.  There are also always so many open products on the shelves that have clearly been used.  I guess I like the wide variety available at Ulta, and I like a lot of their promo deals, but I do appreciate the cleanliness and organization of Sephora.

What's funny is it is your complaint about one store that prevents your complaint about the other store. 
smilehappyyes.gif

I'm supper excited for the next time I go shopping in the states! an Ulta must have just recently opened. Seeing as there is no Sephora close to me :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> and until recently no Ulta I can't wait to get my hands on some products that I have been wanting forever especially NYX since its hard to find in Canada! I'm also so pumped because I might actually be able to get my hands on the Naked pallet that I have been debating ordering online from Sephora forever but can't seem to bring myself to spend 60 dollars on the pallet and 10 dollars shipping not to mention taxes lol. 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What's funny is it is your complaint about one store that prevents your complaint about the other store. 
smilehappyyes.gif

Haha true.  Oh well.  I am going to continue shopping at both places so it really doesn't matter in the end anyway I guess.

Back