All you need for beautiful hair:)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
FIND A STYLIST YOU LIKE AND TRUST

Ask a friend or even a stranger on the street whose hair you admire.

Pay a little extra to book the salon's master stylist.

This is a stylist who has extra training and prob teaches or lectures.

If you are done in less than 30 min,move on.Thats not enough time.

Enter the salon with a specific game plan(take a pic along if you need to be realistic).

USE THE RIGHT SHAMPOO

The are very specific shampoos on the market today to help you make your hair be the best it can be.

Occasionally add a couple of caplets of vitaminE to your inexpensive shampoo for extra nourishment.

There are very good shampoos that perform more than one task.

Use inexpensive brands to strip off extra mousse,gels,etc,at least once a week.

CONDITION WHEN YOU NEED TO

You prob only need to deep condition(10 to 30 min) once a week.

Your facial moisturizer can double as a hair conditioner.

If your hair is extremly dry,allow a little conditioner to remain in your hair.The excess will be rubbed off during the towel drying process.

THE GRAND FINISH
smile.gif

Mousse is a good ending product for fine hair.

Gel is great for control,but should be used in small amounts.

Hair spray should be used at least ten inches away from the sides of the head,and about five inches from the top.

Always use your fingers as a styling aid while using these products.

More great tips, Gwen. Thanks! And it's so true to find a stylist you like and trust! I cut my hair short (chin length) after having my daughter, and when I wanted to grow it out, I kept getting butchered or they would do this little "flippy" thing to my hair so it was really difficult to grow out. My favorite stylist had moved away, so I was trying all these different ones. Finally, I saw this woman at Costco with long, layered hair and I ran over to her and got the name of her stylist. Went to her and LOVE her...she layers my hair perfectly...and it's finally past my shoulders again. I miss my long hair! Can't wait til it's just a tad longer.

Originally Posted by nydoll23 FIND A STYLIST YOU LIKE AND TRUSTAsk a friend or even a stranger on the street whose hair you admire.

Pay a little extra to book the salon's master stylist.

This is a stylist who has extra training and prob teaches or lectures.

If you are done in less than 30 min,move on.Thats not enough time.

Enter the salon with a specific game plan(take a pic along if you need to be realistic).

USE THE RIGHT SHAMPOO

The are very specific shampoos on the market today to help you make your hair be the best it can be.

Occasionally add a couple of caplets of vitaminE to your inexpensive shampoo for extra nourishment.

There are very good shampoos that perform more than one task.

Use inexpensive brands to strip off extra mousse,gels,etc,at least once a week.

CONDITION WHEN YOU NEED TO

You prob only need to deep condition(10 to 30 min) once a week.

Your facial moisturizer can double as a hair conditioner.

If your hair is extremly dry,allow a little conditioner to remain in your hair.The excess will be rubbed off during the towel drying process.

THE GRAND FINISH
smile.gif

Mousse is a good ending product for fine hair.

Gel is great for control,but should be used in small amounts.

Hair spray should be used at least ten inches away from the sides of the head,and about five inches from the top.

Always use your fingers as a styling aid while using these products.

Originally Posted by Nicolet More great tips, Gwen. Thanks! And it's so true to find a stylist you like and trust! I cut my hair short (chin length) after having my daughter, and when I wanted to grow it out, I kept getting butchered or they would do this little "flippy" thing to my hair so it was really difficult to grow out. My favorite stylist had moved away, so I was trying all these different ones. Finally, I saw this woman at Costco with long, layered hair and I ran over to her and got the name of her stylist. Went to her and LOVE her...she layers my hair perfectly...and it's finally past my shoulders again. I miss my long hair! Can't wait til it's just a tad longer. Terrific Nicolet,i know what you mean about being butchered,lol it happened to me and it wasnt fun.I dont want that happening to any of my mut ladies!
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by nydoll23 I dont want that happening to any of my mut ladies!
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
Not while I'm around!!!
icon_cool.gif

Latest posts

Back