Allure Beauty Box August 2016 *SPOILERS*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Surprise! I got my box today :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I did get the Mally brightener which is good. My box looks exactly like advertised.

I too received the Pixi tonic. I wanted the Mally highlighter, but I would have probably been ok with the tonic. Like other posters said, the coupon on the back expired last November. Plus, the contents of my container (still sealed) is about 1/4 empty. I assume that was from evaporation for an old product??

I have contacted Allure customer service to point this out. Currently waiting for a reply from a manager.

I loved my box this month! Granted Allure (and formerly Sample Society) is the one beauty box I've always kept. I figure if you're just going to get one (and there's no BB points), this is it. Although I guess now the Sephora Play is giving this one a run for it's money. I'm getting both for now.

Overlap in products is pretty normal when you subscribe to as many boxes as I do (too many!) so I have tried the Freeze and the Supergoop before (not in Allure- in BB and Popsugar) but I really am loving the mally highlighter. I think it's a shame it didn't go into every box. I'm also pleased that the Cargo liner is a nice deep brown.

Bonuses are always nice even when it's a shampoo and conditioner. The whole blends smells so good and it has interesting ingredients (honey, royal jelly, propolis).

This was a good month for me.  I got the Mally and I'm really happy with it, but I would be frustrated if I had gotten something else instead.

I also like the mini Wet Brush.  I was going to swap it since I already have a full-size, but it's perfect for travel so I threw it in my beach/pool bag. 

The other items are fine, but I've already tried the Supergoop and I have a ton of eyeliners already.  The only thing I'm swapping is the Purlisse.

Also got my box today and even though I didn't get the Mally, I am still happy with everything (mine was the Burberry glow).  The Cargo will be great for the water line and even though there doesn't seem to be much product in the Burberry tube, a few drops should cover my entire face.  

I love my Wetbrush (I think it came in a Popsugar box) and use it every day, but I also travel a lot and usually forget to throw it in my travel bag.  I'm so happy to have the mini version, which I can just keep in my travel kit. 

The Burberry is only worth a fraction of the Mally, but the version I received is still a really good value.  That being said, I hope Allure doesn't have as many price variations in future boxes. 

I received the tonic also. Kind of stinks that they screwed up again and some people received lesser value items. But really none of it worked for me (the extra items) but my package also did not have the little magazine in it this month.

I emailed customer service about the expired Pixi Glow Tonic coupon, and got this response:

Dear Subscriber: 

Thank you for contacting Allure Beauty Box. 
We apologize for the expired coupon that was in your box.

Allure Editors identify so many great products and we wanted to assemble a few collections for this month's box. The various boxes were sent out randomly to our customers.  We apologize that you are unhappy with the missing item, but we are unable to replace it with a different item.  We encourage you to share any items you will not use with a friend.  We hope you will enjoy next month's box.

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. To ensure your future concerns are handled in a timely fashion, please include all previous e-mail correspondence. 

I'm canceling.  I understand that things happen, but own up to it.  This non-apology is just the latest in a string of sub-par customer service since I signed up.   :angry:  

Back