Allure Beauty Box June 2016 *SPOILERS*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far I am not in love with this month's box.  Kardashian cosmetics are not appealing, the shampoo has sulfates, which strip my hair color, and the mask sounds a little interesting, but not thrilling.

Full spoilers:

I mean, I'm happy for a full-sized moisturiser (although Purlisse doesn't particularly impress me) and I'm okay with the sheet mask (they could have done a 3-pack though) but everything is just so MEH.

Completely unimpressed. And to top it off, I doubt I'll get the pretty blue Julep colour pictured. 

Screen-Shot-2016-06-03-at-12.40.02-PM-1024x691.png

Thanks for posting full spoilers. I will only use a couple items from the box. I hope I don"t get the color Katie for the polish as I already own it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will like the mask, and will try the bronzer.  The nail polish colors are too "loud" for me. The moisturizer with sunscreen, well I already have more than I can ever use, so not too excited.

I guess it's an ok box. Not blown away though. Maybe my expectations were too high since I signed up after seeing the May box.

I'll definitely use the mask. I'm curious about the shampoo since I love the smell of mangoes. I never try to match my shampoo with my conditioner, so it doesn't bother me that there is just the one. Plus it looks like a decent size, usually the bottles are so small it's not enough for my hair. I'll try the bronzer even though I'm not a fan of the brand. I like the small sunscreens to put in a purse and use as hand lotion. I'm bit overwhelmed with eye serum right now, we'll see what color nail polish I get. It's an okay box for me.

And the saga continues..

I emailed to make sure I was still getting a box since my account was labelled as inactive despite the assurances that my husband's 6 month gift sub was still active.

got the response:
"Dear Subscriber:

Thank you for contacting Allure Beauty Box.

Our records show that your account is not active.  Your automatic shipments were cancelled on May 14, 2016.  Since you are wanting the June box, we have activated your account again.  If there is no problem with your credit card being processed, then you should get the June box.  Once your box has been confirmed shipped, you will get an email confirmation which will include your tracking information."

Insert ALL the :headdesk emojis in the world here.

I called and got a helpful rep who verified with a supervisor that my card WAS NOT being charged and that my June box was being sent, but they were running late due to the holiday delaying shipments.

So we'll see, I guess?

You know, I think they are trying to handle this like print media subscriptions, and no wonder that is a dying medium given how media giants like Conde Nast are handling this...people are a little less crabby about getting shorted a $2-3 magazine because the subscriptions didn't activate/deactivate on a sane schedule, but with a $16 a pop item? Uh uh, that don't fly.

I am ok with most items in the box this month really except for the shampoo, I do color my hair and I do not need any additional help speeding up the process by stripping my color ( the grey comes in quick enough!!!)  THe nail polish I always like, serums and creams are always good.  Not so sure about sheet masks, I'm really having a problem with adapting to those items...  Maybe I will give it a try!

Full spoilers -
Thank you so much for posting all the spoilers.I am ok with the content. Probably won't use just a bronzer. All the rest is usable, if not by me but my husband.

Kloran as a brand is totally overrated in the States. It costs much less in Europe and it is not the best option for certain types of hair.

Last edited by a moderator:
I live in another country so I use a freight forwarder. According to my email notifications, the box has already reached my forwarder in Miami, so I should get it tomorrow or Monday once it reaches to my country and clears Customs.

If I were located in the States, then I would have received my box yesterday.

normally mine ships very early but I haven't heard a thing. I get USPS alerts so I should have seen something from them if mine had shipped. Kind of weird.

normally mine ships very early but I haven't heard a thing. I get USPS alerts so I should have seen something from them if mine had shipped. Kind of weird.
I was watching their unboxing video today, and there were comments below it asking about when it will ship.  Someone said they called and were told they were still waiting on one product from France (guessing the Klorane).  And also shipping times were off b/c of Memorial Day holiday.   I was wondering what was up, since I usually get mine the first week or the month.  

And, for the SECOND time this month, after calling and being ASSURED this was not going to happen, my card was charged.

Anyone at all surprised?

And, for the SECOND time this month, after calling and being ASSURED this was not going to happen, my card was charged.

Anyone at all surprised?
Can you go online yourself and cancel your card, then deactivate the account.

Latest posts

Back