Allure Beauty Box June 2016 *SPOILERS*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been getting this box since the very first one under beauty bar.  I like it but ever since I started getting lash extensions, I don't really feel like I need makeup.  I end up giving most of the stuff away but I've still been subscribing because I swear the box of a lifetime will be the month I finally cancel.  

Well I just got an email from Beauty Bar saying they are no longer processing my subscription and I will have to sign up at Allure now.  I figure it is a sign from the universe that I should just let it go. Did anyone else get this email (or have you in the past)?  Can I just not sign up on Allure and be done or did anyone keep getting charged after that email?

Can you go online yourself and cancel your card, then deactivate the account.
Doing that with Allure deactivates the gift sub my husband has already paid for.  I keep being reassured that my gift sub is active, but it keeps flipping to inactive as soon as the card gets denied. If I didn't have a transaction alert still active on that account, I wouldn't even know what was happening, only that my box didn't show up and my account was in a deactivated status when I went to see why.

Cancelling the card has already happened. I have changed the card info several times, and I swear, I have no idea why it keeps coming back to the ONE card. I suspect that they are trying the others, but since they are prepaid without transaction alerts, I am not aware of those attempted charges like I am with this account. 

It is the weirdest and worst mess of any of the subscription services I have ever encountered.

My personal advice at this point would be only buy gift subs on prepaid card and never have a monthly billing with them, since cancelling the card seems to be the only way they stop billing it, and then, it's still being billed, but the charges are being declined, deactivating the account!

I was supposedly charged last month for the June box. I sure hope that means I'm getting a June box and don't have to hound a customer service rep for tracking info.

Got the box. I have a nail polish in Katie and the mask is coconut with orange. Eye serum is 7 ml but I suppose the content will be less than that. Apart from the bronzer, I am satisfied with the content. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My box was delivered today, can't wait to see which Julep color I got.  Really any of the Julep colors will work.  My mail lady hates me!!!!  I will have to remember her at Christmas, but I look at as job security for her!

I did a live chat with CS and they said my box was at the warehouse and they were delayed with Memorial Day and waiting for products from France and blah blah blah. Fingers crossed. 

Sample society was one of my favorite subs, Allure has quickly become one of my lesser favorites.  

I just read on MSA that Allure over sold the June box and folks would get a July box. I'm getting nervous that I haven't received a tracking email. I might move to cancel this sub.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Which makes me really sad.

I got my box on Saturday, I love the Julep color I got....can't remember the name but it was the purple. The bronzer was smashed and unusable, but I wasn't really interested in it anyway so didn't care. I got the Pore minimizing Leader's mask, which I was hoping to get. I'm pretty happy with this box this month. Hope everyone gets their June box! Hate to hear they are oversold :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

I wonder with the Birchbox points fiasco if this sub is going to become even more bombarded with new subscribers soon...

I got my box today. I should have kept my mouth shut in an earlier post because I jinxed myself and got the Katie nail polish. That is the one I didn't want since I already have it. Into the gift pile it will go.

Got my box today, and was more happy with it than I initially thought

The shampoo is a good size and smells nice, still wish that they could have sent us conditiner

Purlisse eye serum is really nice (I have the full size version) so I am happy to have more. I know that the moisturizer will be used eventually

I got the shade Katie from Julep, glad it has some pink undertones and not just purple

The Kardashian bronzer I was surprised at. Not that pigmented but they seem soft, I think I could use it as a matte eye shadow trio for travel

Lastly I got the Coconut Gel Mask with Orange for the Leaders mask. This combination sounds really yummy, can't wait to try it later!

edit: actually when I look at the bronzer in the light, there are many fine sparkles/glitters in it. Curious to try this out as a bronzer!

Last edited by a moderator:
I got Julep Katie too and I think I already have it. Rest of the box is nice though. I don't mind the Purlisse and I'll try the Klorane shampoo. The best part of the box is the mask. I'm interested in trying the Kardashian bronzer just out of curiosity.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a shipping notice today. I was really scared when the email came in, I thought it was them telling me they over sold June too. After Birchbox I couldn't deal with more bad sub box news this week.

I called Allure today since I gave up on them either sending me a box, even a June box, or a refund without me having to ask?!?! In what world does a business ignore purchases? Allure's world apparently. He was nice enough. I explained that I bought the May box in April and when I never received a box I cancelled my sub and I would like a refund. He said "oh yes the May box was very popular, I've put the refund through, you will have it in 1 or 2 billing cycles". Does that mean I might get my $10 back in 1-2 months?! Bizarre.

Yeah, put me down as another one who won't be receiving the June box. I thought it was weird that others had already received theirs and I hadn't even gotten a shipping notification so I started a chat with one of their agents who said that they oversold the June box and that I won't be receiving it. Maybe it's because it was through chat, but the agent came across as very dry. After she said that I won't be receiving the June box, she immediately followed it up by saying that they would be "happy" to give me a refund with my purchase, which would then discontinue all future deliveries.

So she basically encouraged me to unsubscribe. I thought it was weird that she immediately went to that instead of offering me a discount for a future box or something.

I think it's pretty ridiculous that this is the second month in a row that they oversell. It seems like it would be simple enough to open up a waitlist option instead of letting people pay Allure even if they don't have the available supply. They should do like Sephora and a bunch of other subscription boxes that put people on a waitlist.

I think the reason for the delayed on the shipping of our boxes it's because they ran out of the mango shampoo, the latest batch of boxes have a Klorane dry shampoo instead of the mango shampoo. I bought 3 May boxes I only received the one from my old account, I didn't cancel the other 2 so this month I will receive 3 June boxes, I received one so far, I contact CS on Wednesday to ask about my other 2 boxes, they told me that my other 2 boxes have already been shipped and they immediately sent me that tracking info.

Here's a pic from instagram 

allurejune.jpg

Back