Already used makeup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What do yall think about using makeup that other people have already used? Would you actually buy makeup other people used, or would you just use it if it was given to you? What do yall think about this? Is it safe? Have any of yall done this before?

Well i've often swapped for used MAC eyeshadows or paints. I make sure to clean them properly once i get them though. I'd never swap for used lipgloss in a tube or mascara because they can't be cleaned properly

Even tho I don't use Makeup, my opinion is that it's basically a MONEY issue. If you cannot afford to buy the brand new set of makeup, then you have to think about using USED makeup.

Originally Posted by FairyRave

What do yall think about using makeup that other people have already used? Would you actually buy makeup other people used, or would you just use it if it was given to you? What do yall think about this? Is it safe? Have any of yall done this before?

Exactly Tony. Plus i hate spending money on something, use it once & its left sitting in my make-up drawer to that's why i think swapping is a great idea. I'd prefer to swap the product for something i would use rather than have it go to waste!

i have over 200 swaps under my belt, so i think its perfectly safe.
smile.gif
i dont swap for used mascara, and thats the only place i draw the line. ill swap for a slightly used wand gloss. ive never had a problem, and ive never heard of anyone else having a health issue because of it.

the liklihood of bactaria or viruses living on a used makeup rpoduct is very slim, and i suppose thats a chance im willing to take. almost all of the items ive received have been pristine, and the people i trade with are a bit anal about keeping their stuff clean, i assume. i know i am.

makeup can be sanatized, but not sterilized. powders can be scraped, potted items can be flooded with alcohol, lipsticks can be dipped in alcohol or have their tips sliced off, pencils can be sharpened, etc. i dont see it as any different from having a friend or family member give me their used makeup.

i have to agree w/halo. i won't swap for mascara & am iffy about wand glosses unless they've been used w/a lip brush by a reputable swapper. i also have 200+ swaps under my belt & haven't had a problem yet.

hey gail! ::::waves!:::: how many swaps have we done together? 2 or 3? i just wanted you all to know that gail is a super swapper, and sent me a great RAOK package when she knew i was looking for the right foundation.
smile.gif
oh, and they were uuuuuuused. lol. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Was it done thru the swap system here on MuT?
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Just wonderin'

Originally Posted by haloinrverse

hey gail! ::::waves!:::: how many swaps have we done together? 2 or 3? i just wanted you all to know that gail is a super swapper, and sent me a great RAOK package when she knew i was looking for the right foundation.
smile.gif
oh, and they were uuuuuuused. lol. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">

I've had about 50 swaps, so I do use makeup that other people have used. Like others have said, the product that you swap someone for probably has less germs than product testers at counters. It's really no different than friends or family giving you something they'd used and disliked, except you don't really know the people you're swapping with.

Oh yeah! Those are valid point Fiesty! Thanks for bringing them. I am sure the girls who are unsure of SWAPPING here will appreciate those facts.

Thanks again!

Originally Posted by FeistyFemme

I've had about 50 swaps, so I do use makeup that other people have used. Like others have said, the product that you swap someone for probably has less germs than product testers at counters. It's really no different than friends or family giving you something they'd used and disliked, except you don't really know the people you're swapping with.

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Was it done thru the swap system here on MuT?
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Just wonderin' nope, sadly. it was on uh......another site. lol.

I've swapped some as well... around 35 times or so? I have never swapped for mascara and only (supposedly) new wand lip gloss - a couple have looked "tested" but I wiped 'em off & tried 'em anyway... and like Halo, I was fine!
icon_lol.gif

I like swapping because it gives you a chance to try something out before actually buying, especially items that you may not get to see in person (like the high end items us living in Podunkville don't have access to and have to purchase online). It's also cool to send something on to someone else after I've tried it & decided it doesn't work for me.

I like swapping for bath stuff (gels, soaps, bubble bath) and lotion, perfume, blush, eye shadow and lip gloss mostly.

Swapping is a lot of fun, too, because a lot of people include "extras" which can be anything from samples (or even full-sized items) to tea light candles, votives, tea bags, stickers, barrettes, pencils, and candy. Sometimes you get a package so chock full of stuff it's just like Christmas!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Hi Jasmine. ~hugs~ will definitely do that. i've got too much to unload & it's not moving you know where. ={

Originally Posted by melzie_fire Swapping is a lot of fun, too, because a lot of people include "extras" which can be anything from samples (or even full-sized items) to tea light candles, votives, tea bags, stickers, barrettes, pencils, and candy. Sometimes you get a package so chock full of stuff it's just like Christmas!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
ITA melzie_fire! I love getting parcels in the post full of make-up. I'll never forget the day KittySkyFish (she's a member here) sent me a RAOK. It was a box full of high-end make-up, i actually cried unwrapping everything!

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Set up your swaps here :) im working on putting my list back up bit by bit.

Latest posts

Back