America's Next Top Model

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
America's Next Top Model, season premier

Wed. 9-22 (8 pm Eastern and Pacific) UPN

If you like the show, watch it

and comment here on the boards!

group.jpg

Did anybody watch this? I meant to watch it but totally forgot. Is it on Wednesdays? If it is I gotta remember to check it out tomorrow.

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) Did anybody watch this? I meant to watch it but totally forgot. Is it on Wednesdays? If it is I gotta remember to check it out tomorrow. Yup and Yup... I watched it and it is on Weds on UPN. I think it starts at 8 but you can go to upn.com and double check. The first one episode was different in a lot of ways then the last season although the format is the same. The girls seem.. uh... extra ... lame. In fact, I was hoping no one would see me watching it. It got better towards the end. For some reason, I still find it interesting enough to watch. There was actually a Jerry Springer type of brawl in a bar scene. The models went out dancing and some local girls told them to chill out and lose their tudes. Soon a black model challenged one locals to a dancing contest and one of the NON-models poured beer all over this model's weave. It was pretty darn stupid. They were jealous of the models and/or the models were showing off and acting lame for the camera. The most interesting part of the show revolved around the fact that until the last moment, no one knew that one of the model contestents is legally blind and that by the time she is 30 she will completely lose her eyesight. She revealed it at the end of the show. She has a little kid at home, but wants to win this modeling thing and experience being a model. Her eyes are spooky-pretty. They are wide apart, almond shaped, and ice blue. Anyway... I think there are two plus-sized models too and there is more ethnic diversity in this group. Some of the girls were weeded out right away. One of the girls was gorgeous and looked like Demi Moore, but they let her go because of her "take it or leave it" attitude about modeling. Another girl was let go for being too skinny. She tried to explain that she simply cannot gain weight and that she drinks 3 weight-gaining shakes a day. The judges did not buy it and sent her home. Even Tyra said, "what kind of message are you trying to send to the girls out there?" None of the girls were particularly stand-out sweet so I have not yet figured out if I like any of them. There was a lot of making fun of the girls going on too. It was kinda funny!

Thanks for the recap of the episode. I can't believe the girls acted that way. I'll watch it tomorrow. It's interesting that they have different body shapes this time. Will see how that goes.

I have only seen the first season of this show... something about kept me watching! Hopefully this season will be good... I'll have to try & watch it tonight! Thanks for the recap!
icon_cool.gif

Ummm... after looking at that picture on top... I'd love to know what they see as plus size! lol Those girls are all twigs!! My god, I'd probably be in the "Plus +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Size" category on that rating scale! lol

I guess the blind one is the one second from left crouching? her eyes look very light - and is it me or does the 3rd from left standing look like a drag queen?? lol

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I guess the blind one is the one second from left crouching? her eyes look very light - and is it me or does the 3rd from left standing look like a drag queen?? lol Heya Angel!
smile.gif
Here's a rundown... although not very thorough...

-Anorexic girl that was kicked out is top row, last one on the right.

-Blind one is in the middle row, second from the left

-The official "witch" (aka trouble maker of the group) is top row, second from left

-Plus-sized models are two black women, one is in the top row, third from teh right, the other is in the middle row.

-India representative is in the bottom row.

-Tattoed-out girl is the frist one in the last row. (I think she did not make it)

-Super athlete in the bottom row on the right. Refuses to play if she cannot win, she says.

-Can't remember too much about the others since so far, they are unremarkable.

group.jpg

Latest posts

Back