another loose powder question

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I finally tossed out my nasty oily old pressed powder compact, and I want to do loose powder only. Does anyone carry loose powder with them in their purse or makeup bag? How well does it work? I think I saw that BE had a loose powder compact. Has anyone tried that? Thanks all!

I don't carry loose powder with me, my CoverGirl Professional Loose powder works well enough that I'm only slightly shiny at the end of the day, so I don't bother.

I do know that Clinique's Blended Face Powder comes with a travel brush, and the directions say you can dip the brush in powder, put the lid on, and then put it in your purse and use it later ... I never tried it though because I didn't like the powder; it was the first powder that I actually didn't use up before buying a new one! (I hate throwing things out without using them unless they're absolutely terrible, because I don't want to waste money!)

clq_6362_250.jpg

PS: I thought the Clinique powder had a rather oily texture for a loose powder and was harder for me to blend, but I know other girls like it!

I use Clinique's Blended Face Powder, this is the only loose powder I have ever tried!It's good for those who have oily skin but it doesn't have the coverage of a pressed powder! Although it's great over your foundation and I love that Clinique's Blended Face powder has a travel brush with it!
icon_biggrin.gif

I also use the Cover Girl loose powder. I don't carry it in my purse either. But it's the only one I've ever used and I still love it. I did try using their pressed powder and it got really hard and it was like you had to really rub to get some on your pad.

I love Clinique Blended Face Powder. I've tried others but I keep coming back to it.

Wow so many votes for the Clinique powder. Thanks for the suggestions! I think I'll have to check that out. I wonder if it is possible to just buy the brush.

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl I think I saw that BE had a loose powder compact. Has anyone tried that? Thanks all! I have BE's compact and I love it. I got it from ebay real cheap too.
42_1.JPG

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl Wow so many votes for the Clinique powder. Thanks for the suggestions! I think I'll have to check that out. I wonder if it is possible to just buy the brush. I don't think it is possible to just buy the travel brush it comes with. However, I believe Sonia Kashuk has a similar twist-down travel powder brush, and come to think of it I seem to remember a SK travel brush that comes with powder in the handle. I am not absolutely positive about that though.
The Clinique brush does not come with powder in it, it just comes with the container of powder and they recommend dipping the brush & capping it to carry with you. I'm sure the SK twist-down brush would work just as well.

hth

one more fan of clinique blended face powder
smile.gif
in my purse i carry pressed powder. I cannot imagine putting on loose powder in some public bathroom when i am in the rush. mY latest favorite is cover girl tru blend face powder. great to fix the makeup during the day. it is very delicate, does not look like a mask. it looks very natural and is weightless.

I use BE and do carry that compacy around with me. I use the Bobbie Brown face Kabuki brush (has it's own leather case) for touch ups and think that brush is the BEST for any powder foundation! Barbara

Originally Posted by Trisha I dont carry loose powder with me, its too much hassle, (and i carry a LOT of MU around with me)
There is nothing wrong with using a pressed powder to touch up with xxx

That is probably true as long as you're not concerned with getting a little oil on your face and getting clogged pores or acne ... my dermatologist emphasized that I shouldn't use any face mu with oils or other pore-clogging ingredients in them, because my face produces too much oil already! lol

There are many oil-free pressed powders available, including Clinique Stay Matte.

Originally Posted by spazbaby There are many oil-free pressed powders available, including Clinique Stay Matte. Hey, I'm just repeating what my dermatologist told me
wink.gif
.... besides, even if a makeup does not have oil it can still contain other pore-clogging ingredients. In general, you need a makeup that is labeled noncomedogenic or nonacnegenic if you really want to prevent acne. (Now maybe there are noncomedogenic pressed powders, but I have never looked for them since my derm said to never use pressed powder.)

Although I think the idea of a loose powder compact is cool..I am WAYYYY too messy for any kind of loose powder! I keep all my loosies at home and bring my pressed translucent stuff to touch up with and a concealer stick. That's really all I need!

Originally Posted by girl_geek In general, you need a makeup that is labeled noncomedogenic or nonacnegenic if you really want to prevent acne. you need to be careful with those labels because ones that say, for example, dermatologist-tested, fragrance-free, etc. aren't always true.

Originally Posted by Jennifer you need to be careful with those labels because ones that say, for example, dermatologist-tested, fragrance-free, etc. aren't always true. That is very true. In fact, the FDA has no official definition of "noncomedogenic" or "nonacnegenic" so a company can actually label anything they want as noncomedogenic. Which is why sometimes you may have to several products until you find something that works, some products may still have ingredients that clog your pores! (And I think it also varies from person to person what ingredients will clog your pores.)

Latest posts

Back