Any Clive Barker fans?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was looking for an old book of mine when I came across my Clive Barker collection. I had forgotten that I've read just about all of his books. I'll probably go through and read them again since I've found them now. Anyone else an avid Barker reader? I love his writing-hate the movies though, they SO do not explain his stories.

Originally Posted by envymi I was looking for an old book of mine when I came across my Clive Barker collection. I had forgotten that I've read just about all of his books. I'll probably go through and read them again since I've found them now. Anyone else an avid Barker reader? I love his writing-hate the movies though, they SO do not explain his stories. nope... never read any of his books...
icon_wink.gif

He's considered a horror fiction writer. You'll probably know him by the Hellraiser movie, but his books and stories are WAY better than that. They are a bit more intelligent than your typical horror story. His stories are full of spiritual references and parallel worlds and they're more psychological, but they're still very gory in a way that kinda gets under your skin. His writing can be very disturbing and hard to follow if you're not used to it, but if you can get into it-I believe he's one of the best fiction writers today!

Sounds like he is an interesting author. I am always up for discovering new things to read.

Latest posts

Back