Any mags for makeup/beauty?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liz

Reaction score
I want to check out some makeup magazines (if there are any). I know there is Allure, but are there any others?

Originally Posted by Liz I want to check out some makeup magazines (if there are any). I know there is Allure, but are there any others? THAT is a good question. Try BlueDolphin.com and see? I will do the same! i wonder.. what IS out there?

there's a mag called "Skin" which is pretty much a trade mag for industry professionals (estheticians and makeup artists). it has great articles each month but from an industry perspective, not just makeup.

Originally Posted by monniej there's a mag called "Skin" which is pretty much a trade mag for industry professionals (estheticians and makeup artists). it has great articles each month but from an industry perspective, not just makeup. where do you get that???

Originally Posted by Liz where do you get that??? I saw it at Tower Records. I know that Joy really likes it.

zink! (sp?) is another one joy's mentioned. you can subscribe from their website.

Every once in a while, I get in the mood to buy one of those hairstyle mags. They're expensive--$5.00-- but there's tons to look at, great articles and inspiration, and they discuss more than hair. I am still looking through one called Sophisticate's Hairstyle Guide I bought in April, it has interviews with Eva Longoria, Lyndsey Lohan, Christina Milian...plus lengthy articles on Paris Hilton (including an excerpt from her book!), Jessica Alba, and a ton of other celebs. Definetly check one out.
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by glamslam Every once in a while, I get in the mood to buy one of those hairstyle mags. They're expensive--$5.00-- but there's tons to look at, great articles and inspiration, and they discuss more than hair. I am still looking through one called Sophisticate's Hairstyle Guide I bought in April, it has interviews with Eva Longoria, Lyndsey Lohan, Christina Milian...plus lengthy articles on Paris Hilton (including an excerpt from her book!), Jessica Alba, and a ton of other celebs. Definetly check one out.
icon_biggrin.gif
hehe. i think i get that one when i'm trying to figure out what color i should dye my hair if i'm gonna go to a salon. they are expensive though
icon_confused.gif

That is a good question Liz! I was wondering the exact same thing!

Glamour Magazine has a lot of makeup 'must have's' and always a makeup feature every month using different makeup to create different looks.It would be DEVINE if there was a magazine totally devoted to makeup looks etc, I'de subscribe for ever!

Originally Posted by Joyeuux Look in my notepad, I included links for makeup mags! Thanks Joyeuux, i will definaltey be having a look. This is cool!
wink.gif

Walgreens used to have a really good one. I don't know if they still do because I live right next to a cvs, but it eas 99 cents and really good. The next time any of you go intoa walgreens, check it out and let us know. It was by the cosmetics too, and I think it was called Beauty.

Oh yeah, that reminds me. Sally Beauty Supply always has their own magazine too. It's really good and full of ideas but of course they only mention/promote their own products.

ooh thanks joy! that zink one looks interesting. do they sell it at borders?

Latest posts

Back