Any other Harry Potter fans out there?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I myself haven't gotten thru the 5th book yet but I cant wait til the 6th comes out.

and i have to ask how did you like the 3rd movie? i went to see it the day it came out. My aunt got tickets in advance so we were assured seats. We had like 10 people come with us. I liked the movie but so many things from the book went unexplained which annoyed me. But over all i did like the movie.

To be honest i've only ever read the 1st book & seen the 1st movie.. Never got around to reading the others even though my sister is a big fan & has the books. Might start on book 2 soon
biggrin.gif

The new book is being released in the summer, isn't it?

Originally Posted by Laura To be honest i've only ever read the 1st book & seen the 1st movie.. Never got around to reading the others even though my sister is a big fan & has the books. Might start on book 2 soon
biggrin.gif

The new book is being released in the summer, isn't it?

yes the new book is being released in july.
I honestly always used to roll my eyes about the harry potter thing. but then i saw the first movie and i was impressed. i only started reading the books after the second movie had come out and i had seen it. they are very good.

It also give my little cousins and I something to talk about. Vicki is 11 and she has the hugest crush on the kid who plays Ron in the movies.

LOL! How cute about your cousin having a crush on Ron. I must make an effort to read the rest of the books now!

Originally Posted by Laura LOL! How cute about your cousin having a crush on Ron. I must make an effort to read the rest of the books now! It is adorable she fawns all over when he's on screen.I never would imagine she'd like Ron I thought she'd be more of a Harry fan but I think Ron is cute too, Heck all those kids are cute.

(if you don't want to read the first 2 books watch the movies) BUT you should read the 3rd book instead of just watching the movie since so much is left out of the 3rd movie that is in the book.

Originally Posted by Naturally MAJOR fan of HP here! Have read all of the books and have all of the movies (and seen them)! My whole family actually loves the movies (though they haven't read the books). I think so far they(movies) are sticking true to the book ..which I love ...can't stand when a movie doesn't follow the book ...or has different things in it! I have to go and pre-order the book this weekend! good nice to see another HP freak
smile.gif
the movies have been true to the book besides the 3rd movie. they don't explain about the map or why Harry's Patronus is a stag or who the map's creators were and their relationship. that kind of annoyed me but over all i did enjoy the movie (i went back and saw it 3 times at the theater and have watched it a zillion times after i bought the dvd)

i can't wait til the 4th movie comes out. i think my cousins and i have already staked our places out in line for those tickets. it's become a family tradition to see it on the day it comes out.

I've finished the 7th and final book.

All i can say is that I sympathise with Snape.

Happy reading to all.

Latest posts

Back