Quantcast

Any Shakira fans?

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
I am total fan! Anyone else? I have listened to her since she first came out and even saw her in concert and she was amazing! Her new CD comes out on my bday and I am getting it for myself as a treat!

Shakira releases 'Oral Fixation' CD in Colombia

<!-- END HEADLINE --> <!-- BEGIN STORY BODY --> Fri May 27, 5:08 PM ET

Colombian singer Shakira gave Colombians a sample of her latest effort, "Oral Fixation," before heading to New York on Saturday for the CD's world release.

"My music cannot be classified as typically Latina," she told reporters.

"Sometimes I have used bits of our culture, as in the song 'Suerte' (Luck), with some Andean instruments, but 'La Tortura' (Torture) has a lot of us in it."

"La Tortura," already released as a single, has pushed fellow Colombian Juanes from the number-one spot of the Billboard Latin music charts.

Shakira Mubarak, 28, said she does not see a recent wave of Colombian musicians who have earned worldwide recognition as rivals.

"I admire Juanes and Carlos Vives," she said. "I like Soraya and Los Aterciopelados," she said.

"Colombian music is recognized around the world, which makes me proud," she said.

Shakira's first album in two years includes a duo with Spaniard Alejandro Sanz.

She will release the CD in 60 countries on June 7.

Prior to the press conference, Shakira was in Choco, Colombia's poorest province, where her Barefoot foundation aids and educates children.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Marisol I am total fan! Anyone else? I have listened to her since she first came out and even saw her in concert and she was amazing! Her new CD comes out on my bday and I am getting it for myself as a treat!

Shakira releases 'Oral Fixation' CD in Colombia

<!-- END HEADLINE --> <!-- BEGIN STORY BODY --> Fri May 27, 5:08 PM ET

Colombian singer Shakira gave Colombians a sample of her latest effort, "Oral Fixation," before heading to New York on Saturday for the CD's world release.

"My music cannot be classified as typically Latina," she told reporters.

"Sometimes I have used bits of our culture, as in the song 'Suerte' (Luck), with some Andean instruments, but 'La Tortura' (Torture) has a lot of us in it."

"La Tortura," already released as a single, has pushed fellow Colombian Juanes from the number-one spot of the Billboard Latin music charts.

Shakira Mubarak, 28, said she does not see a recent wave of Colombian musicians who have earned worldwide recognition as rivals.

"I admire Juanes and Carlos Vives," she said. "I like Soraya and Los Aterciopelados," she said.

"Colombian music is recognized around the world, which makes me proud," she said.

Shakira's first album in two years includes a duo with Spaniard Alejandro Sanz.

She will release the CD in 60 countries on June 7.

Prior to the press conference, Shakira was in Choco, Colombia's poorest province, where her Barefoot foundation aids and educates children.

Estoy Aqui!! lol
She's a beautiful woman with a great, unique voice. I'll have to check out the new cd.

Reaction score
I love shakira's musics....she's beautiful....i have buy one ASAP:icon_love

Reaction score
I love Shakira!!!!!I love belly danceing and she was an inspiration for me to learn.She can be someone my daughter can look up to and relate to culturally,My daughter is half egyptian spanish,and belgien.Id rather my daughter like her than princess of trailer trash britney spears.

Reaction score
I love her hair. IMO, she can pull off any look. At first, when she dyed her hair blonde, I thought that it wouldn't look good. But it did and she rocked the look!

Reaction score
I don't really know her music, but I do think she's sexy as hell...and I don't normally like blondes

Reaction score
Originally Posted by envymi I don't really know her music, but I do think she's sexy as hell...and I don't normally like blondes
If you want to listen to some of her music, I can burn you a couple of her CD's if you want. Just PM and let me know.
And you are right, she is sexy as hell!

Reaction score
She has a great figure. She's not too skinny, but she has some curves and muscle definition... I'd kill to look like that!

Reaction score
I love her body ,thats how i want to have my body tone and curvy!!

Reaction score
I just got my first hip scarve,its so pretty.Its lilac with silver coins,I did some moves in the store cause these ladies were watching me and i said ok if they are gonna stare i might as well give em a show!

Reaction score
Has anyone seen her latest video? I think it's great, loving the music.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sofia Has anyone seen her latest video? I think it's great, loving the music. Her video is awesome. The guy in it (Alejandro Sanz) is also an amazing singer. Here is a link to some of her videos.

Reaction score
oh my god Alejandro (in tortura) is sooo hot. I like Shakira´s music but in that song he´s the one with the sexy voice

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arielle oh my god Alejandro (in tortura) is sooo hot. I like Shakira´s music but in that song he´s the one with the sexy voice
I totally agree Andrea,his voice is so sexy,boy does he get my blood pumping
YUMMY,LOL

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nydoll23 I totally agree Andrea,his voice is so sexy,boy does he get my blood pumping
YUMMY,LOL You guys are too funny. Alejandro is so hot!

I got Shakira's new CD today and I love it. Very good!

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Marisol You guys are too funny. Alejandro is so hot!

I got Shakira's new CD today and I love it. Very good!

ATTENTION: HOTTIE ALERT!!!!wow, that look in his eyes seems to tell me: Andrea, I want YOU *haha*

he looks much hotter (and more masculine) in the video though

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arielle ATTENTION: HOTTIE ALERT!!!!wow, that look in his eyes seems to tell me: Andrea, I want YOU *haha*

he looks much hotter (and more masculine) in the video though

Doll, I think that you are mistaken. He is actually looking at me.
This is one pair of nipples that I wouldn't mind licking!

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Charmaine LOL Marisol, he is so foyne! I love his smile too, it's like he has a sexy secret or something
His sexy secret is that he is thinking & smiling at me not Andrea.

If anyone ever wants to listen to his songs, I have most of his CD's. Let me know and I can burn you all a copy.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Marisol Doll, I think that you are mistaken. He is actually looking at me.
This is one pair of nipples that I wouldn't mind licking!

OMG Marisol you are KILLING me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was thinking the exact same thing-only that I wasn´t thinking about his nipples

Latest posts