Any Shakira fans?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am total fan! Anyone else? I have listened to her since she first came out and even saw her in concert and she was amazing! Her new CD comes out on my bday and I am getting it for myself as a treat!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Shakira releases 'Oral Fixation' CD in Colombia

<!-- END HEADLINE --> <!-- BEGIN STORY BODY --> Fri May 27, 5:08 PM ET

Colombian singer Shakira gave Colombians a sample of her latest effort, "Oral Fixation," before heading to New York on Saturday for the CD's world release.

"My music cannot be classified as typically Latina," she told reporters.

"Sometimes I have used bits of our culture, as in the song 'Suerte' (Luck), with some Andean instruments, but 'La Tortura' (Torture) has a lot of us in it."

"La Tortura," already released as a single, has pushed fellow Colombian Juanes from the number-one spot of the Billboard Latin music charts.

Shakira Mubarak, 28, said she does not see a recent wave of Colombian musicians who have earned worldwide recognition as rivals.

"I admire Juanes and Carlos Vives," she said. "I like Soraya and Los Aterciopelados," she said.

"Colombian music is recognized around the world, which makes me proud," she said.

Shakira's first album in two years includes a duo with Spaniard Alejandro Sanz.

She will release the CD in 60 countries on June 7.

Prior to the press conference, Shakira was in Choco, Colombia's poorest province, where her Barefoot foundation aids and educates children.

Originally Posted by Marisol I am total fan! Anyone else? I have listened to her since she first came out and even saw her in concert and she was amazing! Her new CD comes out on my bday and I am getting it for myself as a treat!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Shakira releases 'Oral Fixation' CD in Colombia

<!-- END HEADLINE --> <!-- BEGIN STORY BODY --> Fri May 27, 5:08 PM ET

Colombian singer Shakira gave Colombians a sample of her latest effort, "Oral Fixation," before heading to New York on Saturday for the CD's world release.

"My music cannot be classified as typically Latina," she told reporters.

"Sometimes I have used bits of our culture, as in the song 'Suerte' (Luck), with some Andean instruments, but 'La Tortura' (Torture) has a lot of us in it."

"La Tortura," already released as a single, has pushed fellow Colombian Juanes from the number-one spot of the Billboard Latin music charts.

Shakira Mubarak, 28, said she does not see a recent wave of Colombian musicians who have earned worldwide recognition as rivals.

"I admire Juanes and Carlos Vives," she said. "I like Soraya and Los Aterciopelados," she said.

"Colombian music is recognized around the world, which makes me proud," she said.

Shakira's first album in two years includes a duo with Spaniard Alejandro Sanz.

She will release the CD in 60 countries on June 7.

Prior to the press conference, Shakira was in Choco, Colombia's poorest province, where her Barefoot foundation aids and educates children.

Estoy Aqui!! lol
She's a beautiful woman with a great, unique voice. I'll have to check out the new cd.

I love shakira's musics....she's beautiful....i have buy one ASAP:icon_love

I love Shakira!!!!!I love belly danceing and she was an inspiration for me to learn.She can be someone my daughter can look up to and relate to culturally,My daughter is half egyptian spanish,and belgien.Id rather my daughter like her than princess of trailer trash britney spears.
icon_wink.gif
biggrin.gif

I love her hair. IMO, she can pull off any look. At first, when she dyed her hair blonde, I thought that it wouldn't look good. But it did and she rocked the look!

I don't really know her music, but I do think she's sexy as hell...and I don't normally like blondes
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by envymi I don't really know her music, but I do think she's sexy as hell...and I don't normally like blondes
icon_cheesygrin.gif
If you want to listen to some of her music, I can burn you a couple of her CD's if you want. Just PM and let me know.
And you are right, she is sexy as hell!

shakira32.jpg

Shakira05.jpg

She has a great figure. She's not too skinny, but she has some curves and muscle definition... I'd kill to look like that!
eek.gif

I just got my first hip scarve,its so pretty.Its lilac with silver coins,I did some moves in the store cause these ladies were watching me and i said ok if they are gonna stare i might as well give em a show!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Has anyone seen her latest video? I think it's great, loving the music.

Originally Posted by Sofia Has anyone seen her latest video? I think it's great, loving the music. Her video is awesome. The guy in it (Alejandro Sanz) is also an amazing singer. Here is a link to some of her videos.

oh my god Alejandro (in tortura) is sooo hot. I like Shakira´s music but in that song he´s the one with the sexy voice
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Arielle oh my god Alejandro (in tortura) is sooo hot. I like Shakira´s music but in that song he´s the one with the sexy voice
wink.gif
I totally agree Andrea,his voice is so sexy,boy does he get my blood pumping
icon_twisted.gif
YUMMY,LOL

Originally Posted by nydoll23 I totally agree Andrea,his voice is so sexy,boy does he get my blood pumping
icon_twisted.gif
YUMMY,LOL You guys are too funny. Alejandro is so hot!
alejandro-sanz-7.jpg

I got Shakira's new CD today and I love it. Very good!

Originally Posted by Marisol You guys are too funny. Alejandro is so hot!
alejandro-sanz-7.jpg

I got Shakira's new CD today and I love it. Very good!

ATTENTION: HOTTIE ALERT!!!!wow, that look in his eyes seems to tell me: Andrea, I want YOU *haha*

he looks much hotter (and more masculine) in the video though

Originally Posted by Arielle ATTENTION: HOTTIE ALERT!!!!wow, that look in his eyes seems to tell me: Andrea, I want YOU *haha*

he looks much hotter (and more masculine) in the video though

Doll, I think that you are mistaken. He is actually looking at me.
icon_biggrin.gif
This is one pair of nipples that I wouldn't mind licking!
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by Charmaine LOL Marisol, he is so foyne! I love his smile too, it's like he has a sexy secret or something
wink.gif
His sexy secret is that he is thinking & smiling at me not Andrea.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

If anyone ever wants to listen to his songs, I have most of his CD's. Let me know and I can burn you all a copy.

Originally Posted by Marisol Doll, I think that you are mistaken. He is actually looking at me.
icon_biggrin.gif
This is one pair of nipples that I wouldn't mind licking!
tongue.gif

OMG Marisol you are KILLING me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I was thinking the exact same thing-only that I wasn´t thinking about his nipples
tongue.gif

Latest posts

Back