Any tips for growing hair?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, i previously had bra-strap length hair which i loved but just before christmas i went the hairdressers for 'a trim' and she literally hacked off loads of my hair and put loads of layers in
confused.gif
my hair has been an absolute nightmare to style since, its now shoulder length which is awful because its not long and its not short if you know what i mean and all the ends stick up because its resting on my shoulders
icon_frown.gif
ive always wanted long hair and ended up paying £25 for a cut that was supposed to be a trim
icon_frown.gif

Sorry for moaning on but im having a bad hair day
icon_frown.gif

anyone idea tips on growing hair?

Originally Posted by shirl888 Hi, i previously had bra-strap length hair which i loved but just before christmas i went the hairdressers for 'a trim' and she literally hacked off loads of my hair and put loads of layers in
confused.gif
my hair has been an absolute nightmare to style since, its now shoulder length which is awful because its not long and its not short if you know what i mean and all the ends stick up because its resting on my shoulders
icon_frown.gif
ive always wanted long hair and ended up paying £25 for a cut that was supposed to be a trim
icon_frown.gif

icon_frown.gif

Hey Shirl! There really is no magic wand to make your hair grow faster... trust me - I wish there were! LOL But, you can take "Hair, Skin & Nail" vitamins, be very gentle with it... and once it starts to grow - despite how hesitant you might be, you should still maintain trims. Even if it is 1/4 of an inch or less... just to keep the ends from splitting... because then you'll end up with long hair, but with damaged long hair. And you really don't want that (that will entail another big chop to fix... ) so try and just keep triming a bit at a time
icon_cheesygrin.gif

i've been taking biotin pills because i wanna grow my hair out (it's at my mid-back now, but i want it longer). in case you don't know, biotin is a b-vitamin that helps support healthy skin and hair. there's no toxicity reported, so i take 1,000 mcg. and so far so good! my hair's been growing slowly for about 2 weeks now, more than it did before, but you really notice the difference after 6 weeks. i bought it from puritan.com, with a buy 1, get 1 free sale, and i gave the other bottle to a friend. it's working well for her, too.

now, on the website, there's a buy 1, get 2 free, so i'll be stocking up
wink.gif

here's the link in case you, or anyone else reading this, is interested...

http://www.puritan.com/pages/file.as...41&PID=94&np=1

i also agree with nyangel on getting regular trims. lots of people have said when you trim your hair, it grows faster, but it's not how it sounds. when you trim your hair, the ends split and if you wait a long time, the ends will get even worse, which results in more being cut off, like nyangel said
smile.gif

good luck and i hope that helps!

Thanks for your replys

Ive heard off Biotin before but ive never seen it in the UK, don't know if the uk stock it, i'll look into buying that
icon_cheesygrin.gif
thanks xxx

Originally Posted by shirl888 Thanks for your replys

Ive heard off Biotin before but ive never seen it in the UK, don't know if the uk stock it, i'll look into buying that
icon_cheesygrin.gif
thanks xxx

they have to have it! it's a vitamin. good luck!

Originally Posted by Jennifer they have to have it! it's a vitamin. good luck! I've never seen it while ive been out shopping
icon_frown.gif
we've got a holland & barrett i wonder if they'll sell it?
icon_smile.gif

I use Biotin, and have been for the past 6 months, my hair was ear length, choppy and textured, now it is to my chin. If you are planning on getting trims while your hair grows(which ou should do), you should do so about every 2-3 months or as needed. When you get splits ends and do not keep them trimmed your hair could split all the way up, which is not a good thing. not trimming while letting your hair grow out will leave you with long tangled, dull and dry hair.

I use biotin also, and i really see a difference in my hair. My hair is curly, dry and hard to grow. Once it took almost 2 years to get it to my ears.

Now i take "Hair, Skin & Nails vitamins" with 3000 mcg of biotin each pill and 28 antioxidants (in the pill also). I got it at Wal-Mart by the vitamins aisle.

i am supost to take 3 a day but since i only remember it in the morning, i am only taking one, and it really has made a difference.

plus of course, i sometimes forget to take even that "one". I believe if i am faithfull to take it, it would be even faster the effect.

i have been patience, since it is not "a microowave effect" and it pays to wait.

see you
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Wow! I feel like a hairdressers nightmare. I hardly ever cut my hair!! I hate getting it cut. On the other hand, I do enjoy the washing part.....

I'll definitely go before my cruise, but my last haircut was just before Spring!!

hi shirl888! have you tried a vitamin supplement. biotin is supposed to help to enhance hair growth.

Originally Posted by shirl888 Hi, i previously had bra-strap length hair which i loved but just before christmas i went the hairdressers for 'a trim' and she literally hacked off loads of my hair and put loads of layers in
confused.gif
icon_frown.gif
icon_frown.gif

icon_frown.gif

Fall in love!!I heard that whaen someone is in love her hair grows up quickly!!

confused.gif
icon_frown.gif
icon_frown.gif

icon_frown.gif

I have heard that wild growht oil is good ( hope i spellt it right). I am gonna try this one also. And taking msm and silicea tablets specially meant for hair + nails and skin, populair with some people i know!

Yes i have heard The Womens "Skin Hair Nail" Vitamin that GNC sells is pretty good. I am planning on buying a bottle soon, i'm trying to get rid of my damaged/colored hair.... My hair is really fine, and damaged and limpy from the chemicals... i guess for that reason hair oils and strong hair products always make my hair fall out. I always have to use natural shampoo, i 'm using Nexus Biotin Shampoo its the best i have come across so far. I stopped shedding hair ever since i started using it. it makes ur hair alittle dry, i guess its worth it. I can see my hair has started to grow faster too.

I have started taking Biotin as well. It has only been a few weeks so far..fingers crossed.

They can't hurt!
wink.gif
If it doesn't make your hair grow quicker, at least it will improve it's texture and strength, which will keep it healthy - meaning less breakage, less splits, and less need for big chops...
wink.gif

Latest posts

Back