Anyone else have a bad experience with Zoya / Art of Beauty?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I ordered polish from them the other day and when I received it, it was nothing like the description.  The description was for candy apple red and what I ended up with was a bright orange/yellow with yellow sparkles. I spoke to customer service to get a replacement/return on 3 different occasions and even sent them a picture and they were down right rude. They told me that there is nothing wrong with the polish. How can they do business like this? 

What is the color name? And no, I've never had a problem with them, but I've only ordered twice. But I've also never heard of anyone else having a problem and I'm surprised they didn't just send you a label to send it back for a refund.

can you give us the name of the polish and a picture?

The only color I know of that zoya describes as a candy apple red is Kimmy, but you are describing what I think may be Tanzy? Both from the same collection.  Do you mind posting a picture?

Did they send you the wrong color? Or did they send you the correct color, but it wasn't what you thought it'd look like?

Zoya has sent me incorrect colors in the past (the colors I got weren't the colors I ordered) but they sent me the correct colors right away.  I'm not sure what would have happened if I got the colors that I ordered but decided it wasn't the color I had in mind?

I've only dealt with Zoya twice (so far) and have yet to have any issues. Sorry you are dealing with this.

I've only ordered from them once, but my order was fine. did you just go off of the description/stock photo, or did you google swatches to see what it looks like on real nails? if yours doesn't look like it should based on what you've seen, or you received an entirely different nail polish, that's awful customer service. but imo if your bottle is true to life, it's not really their fault that you didn't look at swatches beforehand.

I just saw your photo on facebook... It DOES look like it may be correct... you're lighting was a little off so I cannot be completely sure, but... =/ sorry

You cannot always go by what the website says and looks like, you need to look up swatches instead 

Look at these swatches and let us know if its similar to yours or still completely different: http://www.polishgalore.com/2011/06/zoya-kimmy.html

The thread was about their customer service reps being rude, if they had nice about explaining all of this, I wouldn't have asked about about having a bad experience in the first place. I received a lot of comments and messages saying that they had received similar bad experiences from them, so now I know it's not just me. They talked to me like I was garbage and that's what really upset me.  The color was a yellow/orange and not candy apple red as described. I shouldn't have to go to another website to make sure that I am their website is correct.  I have gone to that thread since posting that and it does not look the same. There is a huge difference between red and yellow/orange.

The thread was about their customer service reps being rude, if they had nice about explaining all of this, I wouldn't have asked about about having a bad experience in the first place. I received a lot of comments and messages saying that they had received similar bad experiences from them, so now I know it's not just me. They talked to me like I was garbage and that's what really upset me.  The color was a yellow/orange and not candy apple red as described. I shouldn't have to go to another website to make sure that I am their website is correct.  I have gone to that thread since posting that and it does not look the same. There is a huge difference between red and yellow/orange.

BE SMART; DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY.

I should have known when I sent an inquiry email asking about their product (to gain more insight prior to ordering since I was new to the product), and the customer service rep who responded was soo rude.  But I ordered anyway.  When I received the product, I wasn't happy with the colors since they weren't close to what they appeared to be online, but opted to try one and see how it worked out....it was very clumpy and never seemed to dry.  I contacted the customer service dept to inquire about a return and the customer service rep argued with me.  She was VERY rude.  Finally, with an RMA# in hand, I returned the merchandise that wasn't used (because if the merchandise is crappy, but you've tried it, they will not take it back).  But they have never credited back any of the $78 purchase.  

Latest posts

Back