Anyone familiar with Bobbi Brown shades?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've heard great things about Bobbi Brown's Creamy Concealor for undereye circles and I wouldn't mind trying some. However there's not a store nearby for me to see what color looks best. Does anyone know how light the porcelain really is? I usually do require the lightest shade of foundation (and some brands even the lightest shade is too dark) but the porcelain concealor looks *really* light on my computer screen. I wasn't sure if it was my computer or if it really is that light (the color on my laptop screen changes depending on what angle the screen is!), and I'd hate to waste money on the wrong shade!

Here's the website by the way: http://www.bobbibrowncosmetics.com/t...CT_ID=PROD6393

If anyone's familiar with the following shades, here's some comparisons:

- I currently wear L'Oreal Mattique Foundation in Soft Ivory and it matches great.

- I also used to wear Prescriptives Traceless Foundation in Level 1 and it worked well too.

- Maybelline's Dream Matte Mouse in Light 01 was a tiny bit too dark for me and actually looked brown rather than orange.

- Clinique's Superfit Foundation in Shell was much too dark/orange for me.

- L'Oreal's Air Wair Concealor in Fair works well for blemishes but by the time I put enough on to cover my undereye circles it looks a little bit light.

- Prescriptive's Camoflauge Cream in Yellow/Orange Light is just a tiny bit too yellow and too dark for me, on blemishes and under eyes. (Yet I thought my skin did have a slightly yellow tint!)

Thanks girls! And I guess if no one has any good recommendations, I can always swap if I don't like it (and if someone doesn't mind used concealor)!
smile.gif

I think you should really go for Porcelaine. I use Ivory (which is the 2nd lightest shade, and I don´t think it´s THAT light.) I am in love with this product. although ít´s expensive it´s worth every penny and you don´t have to use much to cover up your circles.

and take a look at violet´s pics. she uses porcelaine and she´s really fair too.

I haven´t seen any pics of you but I think Porcelain can´t be too fair for you. try it, I´m sure you´ll love it!!!

Originally Posted by Arielle I think you should really go for Porcelaine. I use Ivory (which is the 2nd lightest shade, and I don´t think it´s THAT light.) I am in love with this product. although ít´s expensive it´s worth every penny and you don´t have to use much to cover up your circles.
and take a look at violet´s pics. she uses porcelaine and she´s really fair too.

I haven´t seen any pics of you but I think Porcelain can´t be too fair for you. try it, I´m sure you´ll love it!!!

Thanks! If you use the second lightest shade then I'll definitely try the lightest, because I know you use a tanner and I don't!
smile.gif
My computer screen probably made it look lighter than it really is -- that's one of the reasons I normally don't buy makeup online unless I've bought it from a store first. I haven't been able to find a concealor that will fully hide my undereye circles, but if this works it's one of the few things I'd be willing to pay more money on!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by girl_geek Thanks! If you use the second lightest shade then I'll definitely try the lightest, because I know you use a tanner and I don't!
smile.gif
My computer screen probably made it look lighter than it really is -- that's one of the reasons I normally don't buy makeup online unless I've bought it from a store first. I haven't been able to find a concealor that will fully hide my undereye circles, but if this works it's one of the few things I'd be willing to pay more money on!
smile.gif
yeah I´m the same. I´m scared of ordering mu online cause you never know how it´s gonna look like on you. but actually it must be pretty easy for you cause you know the lightest shade of everything will probably be suitable for you

and this stuff is definitely worth the money. I only have the limited edition (and very tiny) compact of this, I´ve used it for a full month (almost every day) and there is still so much left of it.

and yeah I use self tanner on my face. you never tried that? cause it diminishes my circles a little too (at least it takes away the blues and greens for like 2-3 days)

and remember: never stop fighting those little buggers. show them who´s the boss
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Arielle yeah I´m the same. I´m scared of ordering mu online cause you never know how it´s gonna look like on you. but actually it must be pretty easy for you cause you know the lightest shade of everything will probably be suitable for you

and this stuff is definitely worth the money. I only have the limited edition (and very tiny) compact of this, I´ve used it for a full month (almost every day) and there is still so much left of it.

and yeah I use self tanner on my face. you never tried that? cause it diminishes my circles a little too (at least it takes away the blues and greens for like 2-3 days)

and remember: never stop fighting those little buggers. show them who´s the boss
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I've never tried a self tanner, I'm worried that I am so pale that it will just make me look orange or I won't apply it evenly or something. I'm also worried that I would have to apply it to every inch of my skin or else it would be very obvious where I stopped whenever I wear tank tops or a bathing suit! (Like my mom just puts it on her legs, but she's a lot darker than me and you can't tell it's fake!) Maybe I could experiment some time in the winter where I can hide any messed up orange skin, but I guess it's a little late for that now! (Makes me think of when I was a bridesmaid at a friend's wedding: one of the other bridesmaids put tanner on her legs the day of the rehearsal but it came out streaky! Since she was wearing flip-flop sandals and a short skirt to the rehearsal, we had to run to the mall and get some of those pantyhose with no toes, just a thing between your toes like flip-flops, to hide her streaky legs! lol)
Too bad it isn't the 1800's, back then women wanted the palest skin possible and I would have been cool!
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by girl_geek I've never tried a self tanner, I'm worried that I am so pale that it will just make me look orange or I won't apply it evenly or something. I'm also worried that I would have to apply it to every inch of my skin or else it would be very obvious where I stopped whenever I wear tank tops or a bathing suit! (Like my mom just puts it on her legs, but she's a lot darker than me and you can't tell it's fake!) Maybe I could experiment some time in the winter where I can hide any messed up orange skin, but I guess it's a little late for that now! (Makes me think of when I was a bridesmaid at a friend's wedding: one of the other bridesmaids put tanner on her legs the day of the rehearsal but it came out streaky! Since she was wearing flip-flop sandals and a short skirt to the rehearsal, we had to run to the mall and get some of those pantyhose with no toes, just a thing between your toes like flip-flops, to hide her streaky legs! lol)
Too bad it isn't the 1800's, back then women wanted the palest skin possible and I would have been cool!
biggrin.gif

*lol* I bet you´re still cool now!
you should really try out self tanners. no need to wait till winter. they have become almost foolproof, they don´t smell bad anymore and I´ve never caught one that turned me orange. and you know you can always mix it with moisturizer to dilute it.

I only use it on my face and cleavage cause weirdly I almost don´t tan at all there. I always take a cotton ball and blend the tanner on the edges of my face. if you only use it on your face blend a little bit down your neck too.

It´s really not that difficult, trust me!

Latest posts

Back