Anyone going on vacations this summer?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope... not that I know of. Except for Bloomsburg & Carlisle, PA but those are for b/f 4x4 shows... so that doesn't count as a vacation! LOL (only weekend things)
icon_cheesygrin.gif

i don't know yet a friend wants me to go down to NC for a week to visit her and her family.

Well, the Spring semester ends in early May, and my summer session starts in mid-June. So in May we are going to take a week to go visit my parents and grandparents, since it's hard for them to get away from their cattle ranch to come visit us! (Someone has to stay around to feed cattle, give shots to sick calves, etc. and my grandparents are getting too old for that!) We'll also pretend it's our 1-year wedding anniversary (our real anniversary is in July) and we'll eat the top layer of our wedding cake which is in my parent's freezer, and spend a night or two in a nice hotel or something
wink.gif

I also found out that I am teaching the lecture of a class this summer (instead of just teaching labs or recitations like I usually do) so I will be spending the rest of May preparing lecture notes and setting up the class website! I am a geek and am actually looking forward to it -- I love Computer Science and I want others to love it too!
biggrin.gif

I also have one free week in August in between summer and fall sessions, so if hubby can schedule another week of vacation at that time we may go visit his grandparents. His parents come up to visit us regularly, but we have to travel if we want to see our grandparents or my parents.
smile.gif
If he can't schedule the vacation, I'll just have the week off to relax at home!

I am going to Las Vegas in May for 4 days with about 10 peeps to celebrate my college graduation. A bunch of my cousins are coming from Mexico to celebrate with me so I think that we are going to have a good time. They have never been to Vegas so it will be a lot of fun.

In June, I am going to Vegas again with a couple of friends to celebrate our birthdays. There are four of us that have bdays in June so we like to celebrate together. These plans are still tentative.

I am also hoping to go to Southern Cali (Irvine) to visit a friend who just moved there.

Every day is a vacation But I do want to go away to a place where I can swim with dolphins. Any suggestions?

Envy, come to Honolulu. You can stay @ the Kahala Mandarin Oriental Hotel & participate w/their dolphin program. Rates skyrocket from June through August, so book early if you can.

Here's some hotel info & here's some dolphin info.

HTH!
wink.gif

Oh that sounds like fun! I haven't been to Vegas in a long time. Jess wants me to go w/her in May, but I'm not sure if I can get away then.
frown.gif

Oh, forgot you can experience dolphins on the big island as well. Check out the Hilton Waikoloa here.

I want to go to Hawaii too!

I have never gone before-- and neither has my BF. It'd be so fun to go together. Just gotta save up some major cash.
icon_cool.gif

I'm going to Vegas in May too, during Memorial Day weekend!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I'm looking forward to the shopping. I made lists of the places I want to go that aren't here in Hawaii. I'm such a dork.
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by Marisol I am going to Las Vegas in May for 4 days with about 10 peeps to celebrate my college graduation. A bunch of my cousins are coming from Mexico to celebrate with me so I think that we are going to have a good time. They have never been to Vegas so it will be a lot of fun.
In June, I am going to Vegas again with a couple of friends to celebrate our birthdays. There are four of us that have bdays in June so we like to celebrate together. These plans are still tentative.

I am also hoping to go to Southern Cali (Irvine) to visit a friend who just moved there.

Ooooh, Thanks Gail! I'll look into those. My BF owes me big because he was supposed to be back on the 18th, then it turned to the 23rd, but he's still not back yet!!! I told him he owes me a month of traveling to wherever I want.

good plans, everyone!

i was gonna go to kosovo, but my mom and brother are going instead for my cousin's wedding
frown.gif

i'll just be working and getting ready for college. i took off for a month at work last year because i went to croatia. i think it's unfair if i do it again this year, but we'll see.

If you decide to come to Honolulu, LMK & Jess know. We're only 5 minutes from the hotel.
smile.gif

Keep in mind that this dolphin experience doesn't let you hang onto the dolphin's fin nor do they lift you in the water like they did on Newlyweds. It's more of an educational experience & you can feed & play w/the dolphins but not ride them. So if that's not what you're looking for, I think there's some stuff in Puerto Vallarta like this.

HTH!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by envymi Every day is a vacation But I do want to go away to a place where I can swim with dolphins. Any suggestions? The Virgin Islands!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Marisol I am going to Las Vegas in May for 4 days with about 10 peeps to celebrate my college graduation. A bunch of my cousins are coming from Mexico to celebrate with me so I think that we are going to have a good time. They have never been to Vegas so it will be a lot of fun.

OMG I'm so jealous!!! I wanna go back to Vegas sooo bad!!!
rolleyes.gif

Hi Envymi....I did the dolphin swim...what an experience...it was terrific - I did it at the Blue Lagoon in the Bahamas....they're so smart its scary!! so human like it unreal....you'll love it., and I'd do it again, & again... it was fabulous !http://unexso.com/

If that like don't work., try www.dolphinexperience.com

Originally Posted by envymi Evehttp://unexso.com/ry day is a vacation But I do want to go away to a place where I can swim with dolphins. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the Bahamas tip Karen. Wow, I didn't realize so many places had dolphin experiences. I definitely wanna be in the water with them interacting with them. Hmmmm, so many choices. Now I don't know where I wanna go for the dolphins, but I know we're also planning a trip to Hawaii soon anyway-just not sure when.

Well, where ever you decide, you'll have a ball....quite frankly, any place away from home is a VACATION !

Latest posts

Back