anyone tried the newest LUSH stuff?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i havent ordered from them in quite a while, and i was wondering if any of you have tried out the new soaps, etc.

I haven't tried anything new from them - I've got 2 Fairy Jasmine Bath Bombs sitting in my closet, though. I'm kinda scared of the glitter staying and sticking to me for weeks afterward.
wink.gif

ahh, those are one of my faves! i dont really care much for the scent of jasmine (ironic, huh?) but they smell sooo good. im not one for body glitter, but i can deal. ive had some bath bombs that have large chunks or iridescent crinkly plastic, and theyre not fun. i have to collect them from the tub, and they kind of hurt on the skin. the last time i got lush stuff was when they came out with coal face, temptation, utterly nutterly, middle earth turns to rock, etc. its been too long!

Being in the UK, I think i've tried almost all of the new things that they've brought out this year. I'll give a little review of things that i've tried: Soap: Soap Sod: Smells exactly like Fox in the flowers ballisitic, quite refreshing really. Ballistics: Honey Bee: Smells exactly like Honey I washed the Kids soap, leaves scratchey bits in the bottom of the bath and turns the water a unusual yellow colour Blackberry Bomb: Really fruity and floral, just like ribena in my opinion, turns the water an amzing deep purple colour and is one of my new faves. Body butters: You Snap the Whip: An exfoliating bar like Buffy the backside slayer, but not as greasy. Has charcoal in it to give a really good exfoliation. Some people have said that it is too scratchy, but i don't personally think so. Blackcurrent scented and black in colour, perfect partner for Blackberry Bomb. Does make a bit of a mess in the bath or shower but rinses off easily. Running to the Embassy: Minty foot exfoliating bar with pumice in it. Not really that exfoliating for the hard skin on my feet but can be used all over to give a really nice minty scrub. Not greasy at all, perfect for summer. New Aqua Miriabilis: Smells like digestive biscuits rather than roses, which does come out of the scent after you get out of the bath/shower, really scrubby, not as good as the original IMHO. Skincare: Aqua Marina: Squidgy cleanser, used like Angels on Bare Skin, smells revolting IMHO! Has seaweed wrapped around it and just leaves a film on my skin afterwards. Has calamine powder in it and is apparently really good, but i just couldn't get past the smell. Looks like sushi. Ultralight: A moisturiser with natural SPF in it. However is a bit heavy and takes ages to sink into the skin. Bio Fresh: Cupcake: A face mask full of chocolatey goodness and is just wonderful. Has cleansing mud in it and really helsp my oily skin. Just so wonderful that i actually have to resist temptation to eat it. Bubble Bar Slices: Little Monkey: Banana slice that gives lots of good frothy bubbles, scent doesn't really linger around, but wonderful when in the packet. Might buy another one just to smell it, i'm addicted to the banana products that Lush make. These are all of the new products that i have personally tried at the moment, but 'm working my way through them. Anything else you want to know, just ask.

Ohhh, thanks for that review! God, why can't I have a LUSH near me, although they just opened one about 2 hrs from here.

Road trip!!!
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by starnight Being in the UK, I think i've tried almost all of the new things that they've brought out this year. I'll give a little review of things that i've tried:
Soap:

Soap Sod: Smells exactly like Fox in the flowers ballisitic, quite refreshing really.

Ballistics:

Honey Bee: Smells exactly like Honey I washed the Kids soap, leaves scratchey bits in the bottom of the bath and turns the water a unusual yellow colour

Blackberry Bomb: Really fruity and floral, just like ribena in my opinion, turns the water an amzing deep purple colour and is one of my new faves.

Body butters:

You Snap the Whip: An exfoliating bar like Buffy the backside slayer, but not as greasy. Has charcoal in it to give a really good exfoliation. Some people have said that it is too scratchy, but i don't personally think so. Blackcurrent scented and black in colour, perfect partner for Blackberry Bomb. Does make a bit of a mess in the bath or shower but rinses off easily.

Running to the Embassy: Minty foot exfoliating bar with pumice in it. Not really that exfoliating for the hard skin on my feet but can be used all over to give a really nice minty scrub. Not greasy at all, perfect for summer.

New Aqua Miriabilis: Smells like digestive biscuits rather than roses, which does come out of the scent after you get out of the bath/shower, really scrubby, not as good as the original IMHO.

Skincare:

Aqua Marina: Squidgy cleanser, used like Angels on Bare Skin, smells revolting IMHO! Has seaweed wrapped around it and just leaves a film on my skin afterwards. Has calamine powder in it and is apparently really good, but i just couldn't get past the smell. Looks like sushi.

Ultralight: A moisturiser with natural SPF in it. However is a bit heavy and takes ages to sink into the skin.

Bio Fresh:

Cupcake: A face mask full of chocolatey goodness and is just wonderful. Has cleansing mud in it and really helsp my oily skin. Just so wonderful that i actually have to resist temptation to eat it.

Bubble Bar Slices:

Little Monkey: Banana slice that gives lots of good frothy bubbles, scent doesn't really linger around, but wonderful when in the packet. Might buy another one just to smell it, i'm addicted to the banana products that Lush make.

These are all of the new products that i have personally tried at the moment, but 'm working my way through them. Anything else you want to know, just ask.

thank you starnight! very helpful. aqua marina used to be called seaweed sushi, and im so glad its back! i love it. it did smell very seaweed-y, but not revolting, to me at least. is that the smell youre talking about, or is it something else?

It's not exactly the same as seaweed sushi, but quite similar. The problem with the smell i think is the patchouli oil in it, which doesn't seem to mix well with the seaweed scent. Plus i have an allergic reaction to seaweed on my face i've realised after using this and some other face products with seaweed in it. Apparently it smells a bit like the Hot Milk? bubble bar slice, but since i haven't tried this i wouldn't know.

errr....patchouli? is it at least a nice patchouli, and not a crappy, dirt smelling version? i havent tried hot milk? either.

Originally Posted by haloinrverse errr....patchouli? is it at least a nice patchouli, and not a crappy, dirt smelling version? i havent tried hot milk? either. I guess it's a nice one, it doesn't smell like dirt, but the combination of scents just doesn't do it for me
frown.gif
. You should get to a shop and smell it yourself and see what you think, but i know a lot of people (myself included) who after using it a few times just couldn't stand the smell. I can't really describe it but i just couldn't stand it
icon_rolleyes.gif
. There are however lots of people who are perfectly fine with it so its a case of personal preference
icon_redface.gif

thanks for the info. the closest shop to me is in boston, which is about 14 hours away.
frown.gif
i know theres one in ontario thats probably closer, but not by much.

i went again today and ended up buying a honey farm gift set (because they are changing it soon!) and then some shampoo and stuff for holiday. I really am addicted i think!

Latest posts

Back