Anyone use Gerda Spillman Bio-Fond?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
envymi,

Hi! yes, Gerda Spillman is very popular here in Switzerland. You can get her line mostly at health food stores. It is not considered at all high-end here.

I used to use her skin care stuff called skin food. It is not that cheap here but not as expensive as most mainstream brands. And probably a little less expensive than in the States. I have not tried her foundation yet...but I will be after this thread, thank you!!!

Also, I'd be more than happy to send anybody anything if they find they like it or whatever..it's super, super, easy for me to get here.
smile.gif

Elisabeth

P.S. envymi..another really good line used by MA's over here is called Horst Kirchberger (Heidi Klum's fav., etc.)....it gives a flawless coverage...I have his Liquid Skin...

Originally Posted by Elisabeth envymi..another really good line used by MA's over here is called Horst Kirchberger (Heidi Klum's fav., etc.)....it gives a flawless coverage...I have his Liquid Skin... Thanks, but I've looked at his line before and I'm not at all impressed with his color selection.

Originally Posted by envymi Thanks, but I've looked at his line before and I'm not at all impressed with his color selection. O.k....just checking. Today is Saturday and I'm going to check out the G.S. foundation on Monday, just for kicks..you know, I think I did once try her shade called Weekend and it is a beautifully colored foundation. I'm going to re-check it out on Monday.

oh, cool! how much is it over there? i'm thinking weekend will be way too light for me. what's your foundation/concealer colors in other lines so we can compare?

Originally Posted by Jennifer oh, cool! how much is it over there? i'm thinking weekend will be way too light for me. what's your foundation/concealer colors in other lines so we can compare? Hey Jen, what shade are you in MAC again? I was reading reviews on MUA, and a few of them mentioned Praline as a good light/medium yellow-based shade, and referenced MAC C25. It sounded like Weekend is a more cool/pink toned color.

i'm an nw20. i have no idea what c25 is lol i AM light/medium in most foundations and i'm definitely yellow-based, so i'll try that as one of my samples! thanks, anne!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Jennifer i'm an nw20. i have no idea what c25 is lol i AM light/medium in most foundations and i'm definitely yellow-based, so i'll try that as one of my samples! thanks, anne!
smile.gif
Hmm, maybe it was NC25? LOL
biggrin.gif
YW, def. let us know how they work out for you.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Jennifer oh, cool! how much is it over there? i'm thinking weekend will be way too light for me. what's your foundation/concealer colors in other lines so we can compare? Jennifer, I use Shu Uv Cream Foundation in pink 130 and the Bobbi Brown concealer (just her regular under eye concealer). I have light (but not super pale) skin with definite pink/rosy undertones. But on Monday, I'm going to check out all the colors and see if I can get some samples, too....On her website, the price for the Bio-Fond is 17 euros (currently 20.19 USD)

She also has the Bio-Fond Deluxe, same colors, which runs a little higher.

I'll def let you know what I find out on Monday!!

icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Elisabeth Jennifer, I use Shu Uv Cream Foundation in pink 130 and the Bobbi Brown concealer (just her regular under eye concealer). I have light (but not super pale) skin with definite pink/rosy undertones. But on Monday, I'm going to check out all the colors and see if I can get some samples, too....On her website, the price for the Bio-Fond is 17 euros (currently 20.19 USD)

She also has the Bio-Fond Deluxe, same colors, which runs a little higher.

I'll def let you know what I find out on Monday!!

icon_biggrin.gif

oh, that's $20 cheaper than here! keep me updated! thanks
smile.gif

anne LOL maybe it was!

hmm, on my computer, that is $40 cheaper (it's 57.75 on that link I added before). I did hear that it goes on sale on the site frequently, if you end up ordering full size after your samples, you should watch for it a bit to see if it will. I read it goes down to about $45 on sale.

Update on Gerda Spillman from Zurich, Switzerland.

Well, I went to G.S. yesterday to get the skinny on this stuff...and I have to say,

this foundation is really very wonderful! On me, at least.

First of all, I'm not an MA, so I'm sorry if I'm not that articulate at describing the nuances of shades, coverage, etc. but I will try.

My coloring is very, very, close to Rachel Mc Adams in the Notebook esp. the picture where she is in the rowboat touching the water. I have delicate skin and features and dislike cakey, fakey, glittery types of foundation. The last three foundations I have tried the MA'a all suggested tinted moisturizer b/c they were not working.

The lady at G.S. brought out all the colors. I was kind of skeptical, because it looked hella scary. Like maybe pancake theatrical makeup, or, in my experience, mortuary makeup. We first tried Weekend, and Jennifer, you were right, it was way too light for my skin. The next one up, called Csàrdas (meaning of the Czar, I guess) just sank into my skin. It was a perfect, and I mean perfect, match. It looked like I wasn't wearing any makeup, only better. I looked like I'd been photoshopped. I kept blending, blending, and it just got better and better. I've never experience makeup like this, the way it sat on my skin, and almost seem to adjust itself to me. And what is great, is that you have total control over the amount of coverage. I tried all the colors on my hand. BTW, they look nothing like they do on the website...this is what I came up with:

Weekend: very, very light..with maybe pink undertones. No Ivory in it.

Csàrdas: light with pinky undertones.

Limelight: Darker with pink undertones.

Top-Chic: Light with slight yellow undertones

Apres-Ski: Darker with yellow undertones

Bronze: The darkest with yellow undertones.

I would describe the coverage as a light matte but as I said, I'm not that good at describing. Two keys to this makeup are: you have to get your color right. the second is blending, blending, blending. You control the coverage, but you have to go easy on this stuff for everyday wear. It is a very, very versatile makeup. One of the best things I noticed was that all of a sudden all my other makeup (eye,eg) looked way better.And I still looked like I had no foundation on!! I also am not that sure how it would work out for people with yellow undertones or darker skin than I have. Like I said, it was a perfect match, for me.

I have combo skin, was only wearing a light moisturizer underneath, and this makeup did not feel weird. If you have dry skin, I would imagine that moisturizer underneath this would be essential. The other good news is that no matter how much you blend this makeup, you don't get highlights or skid marks. Also, after putting some under my eyes, I no longer even needed concealer...(???!!)

Next, out came the blush, and it looked even way scarier. It is only one shade, and I would describe it as a very dark, rosy color. Very Rosy.

When I first put it on I was really put off...but then....blending, blending, blending...got it to the point where it looked like I was hardly wearing blush but just that my cheeks had a healthy glow. I said to the lady let me road test this stuff..in German, of course.

Bottom line....this is my new HG makeup. My BF, who always notices my makeup if my foundation color is off, just said "you look really nice, good today..did you do something with your hair?" I would seriously recommend trying the samples to get the right color and to see if this makeup is right for you. I tried to score some samples ( and got some of her skincare stuff) but when I asked about the Bio-Fond was told I had to go online to get those.

The Damage:

Luxury set with mirror and sponge: 30 CHF (Current exchange rate

$22.70 USD)

Normal set with only M/U and sponge: 25 CHF (C.E.R. $18.91)

G. S. Blush : 21.50 CHF (C.E.R. $16.27)

I got the normal set b/c I already have all my sponges and brushes.

Yesterday, I just used my fingers to both apply and blend.

If anybody is interested, I'll be happy to send them some.

I am really pleased with this makeup.

P.S. I left it on my skin overnightjust to see if it would make me break out,

clog my pores, etc....and it didn't. Good Stuff.

Originally Posted by Elisabeth P.S. I left it on my skin overnightjust to see if it would make me break out,clog my pores, etc....and it didn't. Good Stuff.

You are brave.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Marisol You are brave.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
LOL, Mari!
It sounds really great Elisabeth, thanks for giving us the skinny on it!
biggrin.gif
Now I'm lemming it!

Originally Posted by Marisol You are brave.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I don't know if I was being brave or just stupid. There's a thin line between the two, I've learned
icon_lol.gif
..but I wanted to put this stuff through the paces as I have super

delicate skin that breaks out real easily...and it passed the test

with flying colors.

Originally Posted by anne7 LOL, Mari!
It sounds really great Elisabeth, thanks for giving us the skinny on it!
biggrin.gif
Now I'm lemming it!

You're welcome, no prob. I enjoyed it. and my offer stands regarding

sending it to anybody
smile.gif

wow. thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much! you are the best.

those were the only shades they carried? i just ordered samples of praline, limelight, and top-chic, so we'll see which one's a match!

anne, you need to pay $5.95 for s&h and that's it
smile.gif

thanks again, elisabeth!

Originally Posted by Jennifer wow. thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much! you are the best.
those were the only shades they carried? i just ordered samples of praline, limelight, and top-chic, so we'll see which one's a match!

anne, you need to pay $5.95 for s&h and that's it
smile.gif

thanks again, elisabeth!

Unfortunately Jennifer, yes. We don't have over here the shades Praline, Truffle, Birch or any of the others I didn't mention that are on the US website...Sorry!!
frown.gif

that's okay! thanks, anyway. i'll let you know when my samples arrive!
smile.gif
thanks again!
flowers.gif

Yay, let us know how they are Jennifer! Do you think your skin is the color of Rachel McAdams a bit in THe Notebook? I read they mixed Weekend and Apres-Ski for her.

Back