Anyone use Gerda Spillman Bio-Fond?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been looking into adding this line to my kit...has anyone ever used it?

never heard of it either
redface.gif

It's a foundation that's supposed to be really good...great coverage, waterproof...I've heard about it from a few MAs that work on movie sets. I've only heard about it from the Hollywood folks. I still have a few other hauls I'm planning(like KA) but other than that I think this might be my next haul. She only has this foundation in a decent shade range, one blush(supposed to work on everyone), and everything else is skincare.

never heard of her! I live in the mountains
icon_rolleyes.gif
Does she have a store or will be getting it online?

Originally Posted by envymi It's a foundation that's supposed to be really good...great coverage, waterproof...I've heard about it from a few MAs that work on movie sets. I've only heard about it from the Hollywood folks. I still have a few other hauls I'm planning(like KA) but other than that I think this might be my next haul. She only has this foundation in a decent shade range, one blush(supposed to work on everyone), and everything else is skincare.

She's not available in many stores, not even out here...I'll be ordering online.

Originally Posted by envymi She's not available in many stores, not even out here...I'll be ordering online. never heard of it.are you using it for work or for yourself?If movie people are raving about it,it prob has too much coverage for normal wear.

I'll check it online too then
wink.gif

Originally Posted by envymi She's not available in many stores, not even out here...I'll be ordering online.

Originally Posted by nydoll23 never heard of it.are you using it for work or for yourself?If movie people are raving about it,it prob has too much coverage for normal wear. I'm looking into it for work, but I know some people who use it for everyday wear as well.

I had heard about it also and decided to try it. I ordered it right from Gerda Spillman's site. They are located in Switzerland. You get 2 free samples and a five day skin care set for free, all you pay is the shipping cost. It has a strong fragrance to it, but I loved the coverage, and it is supposed to be healing and gentle for problem skin. I am very fair, so I used the lightest shade which was a very nice color.

Originally Posted by jlynn I had heard about it also and decided to try it. I ordered it right from Gerda Spillman's site. You get 2 free samples and a five day skin care set for free, all you pay is the shipping cost. It has a strong fragrance to it, but I loved the coverage, and it is supposed to be healing and gentle for problem skin. I am very fair, so I used the lightest shade which was a very nice color. welcome to MUT!
how cool. i'm curious about this now. how much was it? what's the website?

thanks!

Originally Posted by Jennifer welcome to MUT!
how cool. i'm curious about this now. how much was it? what's the website?

thanks!

Ooh, I have been lemming this since I learned they used it on Rachel McAdams in the Notebook! Granted, it looks like she has lovely skin to start, but this made her skin look so peaches and cream. :icon_love I read about it on www.makeup411.com in the Beauty Breakdowns for her, as well as other celebrities on the site.
Jen, here is the website to order. It is about $60, expensive, but I think you can get free samples. Let us know if you end up trying it!

http://store.yahoo.com/gerdaspillmann/biofond1.html

her regular site...

www.gerdaspillmann.com

Sounds good stuff envymi, i must check it out. It sounds like this foundation last's if its good enough for models etc. Is it a mineral based product?

Originally Posted by Pauline Sounds good stuff envymi, i must check it out. It sounds like this foundation last's if its good enough for models etc. Is it a mineral based product? i believe the second ingredient is mineral oil
frown.gif

Thanks for the welcome Jennifer.
icon_smile.gif

You get two free samples with a 5-day skincare packet for the shipping of $5.75 (I believe). There is mineral oil and lanolin, if I am correct. I have extremely sensitive skin and it is also acne-prone. I was afraid of the mineral oil and lanolin in it, but it didn't break me out. It also has a strong fragrance as I mentioned, but the coverage is wonderful and the color was very good for my skin. The site is http://www.gerdaspillman.com, as someone above had mentioned.

thanks!! what shade did you get? i'm a little afraid none of these would suit me. good thing they're samples.

I am very fair, so I tried the lightest shade, which is Weekend. It was a perfect match for my skin. I hope this helps you.
icon_smile.gif

I started using this a while ago and I really like it, although I use airbrush more than anything now...but on busy days or bigger movie sets, I usually reach for this brand now...I've never had a problem with anyone having a reaction to it...most people on sets have liked it better than other cream makeup that MUAs use on them.

Latest posts

Back