Apple Cider Vinegar

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put it on my hair and my hair has a lot of blonde highlights!!! I read in Allure it clarifies w/o stripping color, so your'e safe!!!

Originally Posted by Suzy Has anyone put it on dyed hair? It is the best clarifier/shine maker but I am scared to apply it to my hair now that I regularly dye it

I used to drink the acv w/ water(not sure why I stopped) but your post has inspired me to begin again.

I'm glad!!! Both my mom and I swear by it!!! My mom tries to get my brother to use it, but he's so stubborn and such a guy
icon_twisted.gif
. I apply it to my face though, but one day I will be brave enough to drink it!!!

Originally Posted by lavender 38 I used to drink the acv w/ water(not sure why I stopped) but your post has inspired me to begin again.

Wonderful, thanks for posting this Kim!

I'm going to look for Apple Cider Vinegar here.

I LOVE ACV!!!!!!!!!got my mom interested and i told all of my friends. i love using somethimg natural!!!!!!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Thank you Kim, for all the great info. Easy to access all in 1 place. This should help a lot of members including myself!
claps.gif

wow theres soo many things you can do with it

i think ill print it out and deffo think abut trying the eczema one!! thanks
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I was wondering, if I have sensitive teeth and translucent enamel, would acv be ok for me to drink??? This might be a silly question, but you never know!!! Also, I know I have said this 5 trillion times, but I am still using acv on my face and I seriously love what it has done!!!
icon_eek.gif
I want to do a happy dance!!! So, I think those who are skeptical should give it a try, it really has made a difference in my skin texture, etc.

i went to the shops to get some, and i read that i should get the organic one with bits in it but they only have the clear ones here. will it be good anyway?

my mom uses the "normal" one which she loves. i use trader joes organic brand which i love, but tried the normal one and liked it a lot too

To add to our collective knowledge, here is what I have learned re: ACV. The reason it is so good as a toner and a hair rinse (though use only occassionally on hair so you don't burn it out) is that it removes residue (soap, etc) and oils (sebum, etc) wherever it is applied.

I love using it as a toner, but I step it up a bit by adding a few drops of tea tree oil to a little pump dispenser I bought for like 99 cents at wal-mart filled with ACV. Just shake and pump out onto a cotton ball and wipe over your face after you wash. Both are excellent bacteria, fungus, etc. fighters and they seem to work symbiotically, the ACV clearing and opening up the pores for the tea tree to get into the skin even better. One bottle of tea tree and one bottle of ACV would lasts a very long time - my little pump doesn't need to be refilled more than every two to three months. Its such a cheap yet incredibly effective remedy. My boyfriend loves it too, but he will only apply in the mornings because he can't stand the smell of the tea tree at night. (A note of caution to anyone with sensitive skin - go slowly - use water in your mix so that your face can adjust to the acidity.)

One final note - Some ACV is really smelly when it dries while other ACV is not. Heinz I have found is the worst in this respect...I use the cheap generic brand provided by my local grocery store (here, Giant Eagle) - thus even further cost saving.

my goodness!!! who knew acv had so many great uses. it's always the natural stuff that does the most good. i think i will have to go and get some acv this week and test out the theory.

i heard of all of this before about acv but didnt think it actually worked. after hearing all of this im going to buy some right now!

Welcome to MakeUpTalk nypunkgrl511! I'm Laura from Ireland. If you need help with anything on the site just shout
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Laura Welcome to MakeUpTalk nypunkgrl511! I'm Laura from Ireland. If you need help with anything on the site just shout
biggrin.gif
Thanks! I'm Melissa.

The doctor told me to drink that too, that is because I have gallstones, just when it s an emergency because its devastating for the teeth.

I have sensitive enamel and that's why i've never consumed the stuff. It just didn't sound good for my teeth. That's why I try to stay away from lemons too. But I still love using acv on my face!!

wow! i'm grabbing some apple cider vinegar when my boyfriend and i go grocery shopping tomorrow! a friend of mine tried this years ago and really thought it worked. my boyfriend will probably want to try it with me...i can see us plugging our noses now! thanks for the info kim!

I can't believe that people wouldn't put a natural remedy like ACV on their face, but will put on various chemicals and synthetic stuff without care. I've been simplifying my skincare routine lately and I started using Bragg's ACV about 6 wks ago and my skin has never looked so clear! I don't have bad skin to begin with, but the ACV really cleanses out my pores and gets rid of all the dirt on my face. I use this once a day before I go to bed - and, call me weird, but I actually LIKE the smell of the vinegar! I only use it as a toner right now though, but reading about its other uses makes me want to try it out! I have this huge bottle that I can't possibly use up as toner alone.

my scalp gets alot of bulid up- i've tried regular vinegar with okay results. does it have to be apple cider vinegar? does that work the best?

Back