Are one night stands worth it??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
<TABLE width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=left colSpan=2>Are one night stands worth it?? Would you do it??

This is a question that came up in a conversation and I'm curious to hear what you ladies have to say. I have my own opinion but will wait until I hear from some of you.

</TD></TR><TR><TD align=left colSpan=2></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Originally Posted by shoediva <TABLE width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=left colSpan=2>Are one night stands worth it?? Would you do it?? 

This is a question that came up in a conversation and I'm curious to hear what you ladies have to say. I have my own opinion but will wait until I hear from some of you.

Looking back, I'd say no. Although I has a few fun times that were quite exciting ... afterwards, I felt like I "sold myself short" so to speak. BAD pun. What I mean is that I MUCH prefer the respect and long-lasting relationship that comes with getting to know a person well before becoing intimate. Wow, I remember this guy named Mark. He was headed to New Zealand the next day as a college foreign exchange student. He gave me a line about leaving tomorrow and why not have some fun before he left. I fully knew it was a line, and he knew that I knew. I made the choice to sleep with him. HOT! Ok, TMI. But, even so ... afterwards there is this feeling of emptiness that I cannot describe. I quit doing that and my self-esteem improved. By the way, I was not super wild, I have had two one-night-stands. Both were fun mistakes.

I've only ever had one & i regret it. Alcohol was the cause of it but i suppose that's no excuse. I wouldn't recommend them.. I think guys that sleep with a girl on the first night are only looking for one thing

No way, I have never and will never have a one night stand with anyone. I would much rather have a meaningful, respectable, long-term relationship with someone. Some would say I'm old-fashioned, I say I just have my principals and I stick to them.

It only happened once *I swear*

The next day I was like WTF? I felt like such a sleeze but, on a lighter note he did try to call a few times, I'm sure it was just for a booty call
icon_rolleyes.gif

Interesting stories ladies!! heheeehee

I personally am not sure what the correct answer would be. I have never had one but have wondered what it would be like. My mom is very old fashioned therefore I was raised in a very strict household and my experience with men has been very limited. I love my SO alot and would never do anything to mess that up. That doesn't mean that I don't wonder what that experience would be like....but once I do....visions of my mom lecturing me on "your body is your temple" come to mind BUT heck guys do it all the time- why cant we!!! You never hear a guy say he is saving himself for the right girl!!

Originally Posted by shoediva <TABLE width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=left colSpan=2>Are one night stands worth it?? Would you do it?? 

I was a bit of a Wild Child back in the day and maybe looking back morally speaking,I shouldn't have done some of the "things" I did but some of those memories still bring a smile to my face
icon_twisted.gif

Originally Posted by shoediva Interesting stories ladies!! heheeehee
I personally am not sure what the correct answer would be. I have never had one but have wondered what it would be like. My mom is very old fashioned therefore I was raised in a very strict household and my experience with men has been very limited. I love my SO alot and would never do anything to mess that up. That doesn't mean that I don't wonder what that experience would be like....but once I do....visions of my mom lecturing me on "your body is your temple" come to mind BUT heck guys do it all the time- why cant we!!! You never hear a guy say he is saving himself for the right girl!!

Your mom was and is right and you conscience is always your guide! Men are more apt to keep their emotions separate from sex. Maybe it's social conditioning or bio or perhaps a bit of both, but women need to feel loved wholly to maintain a good sense of esteem and worth (at least initally). Wayyyy more postive things come with time invested for both genders!

at this point in my life, i wouldnt have a one night stand. im in a LTR. however, i dont see a problem with it. morals aside, that is. women need sex too, and not all women feel the need to have an emotional bond with the guy theyre having sex with. as long as theyre safe, i see no prob. i wish more women could "have sex like men" and not feel bad about it.

I wouldnt mind having those little memories!! j/k LOL

Originally Posted by allisong I was a bit of a Wild Child back in the day and maybe looking back morally speaking,I shouldn't have done some of the "things" I did but some of those memories still bring a smile to my face
icon_twisted.gif

You are so right! In this day and age you need to be extra careful. I have a very friend who lives in LA and volunters at the Magic Johnson Foundation. This experience has changed her life. She has seen countless people that you would never guess who are actually really sick with the HIV virus. She couldn't believe the drop dead gorgeous women and men that looked healthy and were infected. Well as a single women this experience changed her life for the better. She decided not to engage in sex again until she gets married. Smart Girl!

Originally Posted by Irishgirl I was another "wild child" of the 80's and I don't think it was worth it either. I can't say that I regret it because it was a learning experience that shaped me into the person that I have become..I suppose that's why they call it a learning experience! One night stands aren't something I would recommend in this day and age though.

Originally Posted by allisong I was a bit of a Wild Child back in the day and maybe looking back morally speaking,I shouldn't have done some of the "things" I did but some of those memories still bring a smile to my face
icon_twisted.gif
Back in the day.. LMAO! Ali, you'd swear you were about 70!!!

Originally Posted by laura127 Back in the day.. LMAO! Ali, you'd swear you were about 70!!! Hahahhah haha. Good point Laura. Who knows, maybe marriage and kids doesn't stop you from swinging from the chandeliers!

When I was single, I never had an interest in one-night stands. Primarily because I am not attracted to looks alone. It takes a bright guy to turn my head and keep me interested.
rolleyes.gif

But, I will admit to having some "booty call" guys that I would see while I was in between relationships. A BC guy has to be someone that can be my friend, turn me on and make me laugh, and who is not interested in a relationship with me. All my BC guys were once guys that I dated and we both decided this is the best situation for us.

Well, most of you know where I stand on this - I saved myself for marriage, and I wouldn't change a thing. It's too late at night for me to think up a decent response of what I really want to say, but maybe another time.
smile.gif

btw - I may be in the minority, but I've heard of quite a few guys who are saving themselves for the right girl (ie: marriage), the most important guy being my husband!
smile.gif
*beaming*
smile.gif

Originally Posted by shoediva visions of my mom lecturing me on "your body is your temple" come to mind BUT heck guys do it all the time- why cant we!!! You never hear a guy say he is saving himself for the right girl!!

RIGHT!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Tinydancer

It only happened once *I swear*The next day I was like WTF? I felt like such a sleeze but, on a lighter note he did try to call a few times, I'm sure it was just for a booty call
icon_rolleyes.gif

LOL at "wild child" of the 80's

Take it easy with some of these(off the top of my head):

Thompson twins

OMD

The cure

New Order

B52s

Duran Duran

Echo and the Bunnymen

ABC

SoftCell

Wham UK

Big Country

The Waitresses

Bronskie Beat

The Cars

The Clash

The Vapors

Psychedelic Furs

Fun Boy Three

Toy Dolls

The Smiths

Sigue Sigue Spuntik

Kim Wilde

Depeche

Yaz

Flock of Seagulls

Romantics

Pet Shop Boys

Wang Chung

The Waitresses

PHEW!

Originally Posted by Irishgirl

I was another "wild child" of the 80's and I don't think it was worth it either. I can't say that I regret it because it was a learning experience that shaped me into the person that I have become..I suppose that's why they call it a learning experience! One night stands aren't something I would recommend in this day and age though.

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) LOL at "wild child" of the 80's
Take it easy with some of these(off the top of my head):

Thompson twins

OMD

The cure

New Order

B52s

Duran Duran

Echo and the Bunnymen

ABC

SoftCell

Wham UK

Big Country

The Waitresses

Bronskie Beat

The Cars

The Clash

The Vapors

Psychedelic Furs

Fun Boy Three

Toy Dolls

The Smiths

Sigue Sigue Spuntik

Kim Wilde

Depeche

Yaz

Flock of Seagulls

Romantics

Pet Shop Boys

Wang Chung

The Waitresses

PHEW!

Ahhh..memories..I listened to ALL those groups..I was a Huge Duran Duran fan too..Till 85 when I discovered Metal m/ and turned Hessian..lol..Tony..Did you grow up in Cali??Do you remember Mighty 690 ?

Yep on AM! Do you remember Pirate Radio?

Originally Posted by allisong

Ahhh..memories..I listened to ALL those groups..I was a Huge Duran Duran fan too..Till 85 when I discovered Metal m/ and turned Hessian..lol..Tony..Did you grow up in Cali??Do you remember Mighty 690 ?

Latest posts

Back