Quantcast

Are you a Craftster? Share your projects!

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
I constantly have projects in the works. Here are some of the ones I have in process or just recently finished:

Making a doublet for a friend:

Making a doublet for myself:

A doublet I just finished:

Some weaving projects:

And last but not least, some calligraphy and illumination inspired from 156h - 16th century manuscripts:

Reaction score
Wow! Your weaving looks awesome!! I have like zero artistic talent. Lol. All my projects usually involve building something around the house. Or fixing things.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Karren /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow! Your weaving looks awesome!! I have like zero artistic talent. Lol. All my projects usually involve building something around the house. Or fixing things.
That takes some skill! I just finished building a 6 panel box with the help of my SO. I forgot to take pics of it though. LOL

Reaction score
I do!!! Like you said it feels like I always have something in the works

I like making mine and my boyfriends Halloween costumes by hand each year. This is from last year we were Woody and Jessie from Toy Story

I do a lot of polymer clay hair accessories, felt purses, acrylic paintings or just random things i think are cute and sell them in shops around town and online 

Reaction score
OMG you ladies are super effing talented! I LOVE IT :) /emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Reaction score
You both have made such awesome things! You both quite talented! :) /emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Amber I am Loving those Keropi and Hello Kitty accessories!

Reaction score
Originally Posted by katana /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You both have made such awesome things! You both quite talented! :) /emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Amber I am Loving those Keropi and Hello Kitty accessories!
Thank you SO much!!! 

Reaction score
WoW! I'm so jealous at how well both of you sew! Amber, those costumes look better than the store bought ones! I make wire crochet jewelry.

Reaction score
Well thank you!! 

If I'm being completely honest, I have NO idea how to properly sew or have ever even used a machine. I just hand stich things the way that seems right to me and hope it works out 
 I'm only a bit over 5 foot and pretty thin so store bought adult costumes are always massive on me and just never look right. I don't like going the "passing off a bra and underwear as a costume" route, so I just started making my own to accommodate my body type. My boyfriend just got jealous and wanted a matching costume 

Your jewelry looks very intricate! I like the way you photographed the jewelry in the bottom picture, for some reason it reminds me of a tree stump (in a good way) and really highlights the colors well 

Originally Posted by Isabelsjewely /img/forum/go_quote.gif

WoW! I'm so jealous at how well both of you sew! Amber, those costumes look better than the store bought ones! I make wire crochet jewelry.

Reaction score
omg you ladies are so talented! I've always start a mini crafty project but then as soon as something doesnt go to plan i give up! I really just need to stick to one thing and finish it.

I love those necklaces!

Reaction score

These are gorgeous! Go you!

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kerker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

omg you ladies are so talented! I've always start a mini crafty project but then as soon as something doesnt go to plan i give up! I really just need to stick to one thing and finish it.

I love those necklaces!
I get frustrated with projects as well. I currently have a dress in the queue that I started 3 years ago, the sleeves were driving me nuts so I put it in the back of the closet and as soon as I stop being pissed at it, it can come back out and see the light of day. :D /emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Reaction score
WoW! Panua, you are extremely multi-talented! I dont think my hand would be steady enough to do calligraphy!

Reaction score
WOW so I used to think i was crafty.. now looking at these awesome pics I don't feel so crafty anymore haha! Great work! I can't sow for anything! I have always wanted to try jewlery making. 

Reaction score
Isabel those necklaces are really pretty!

I didn't realize we had so many talented crafty ladies here!

Reaction score
I sell my necklaces on Etsy if anyone is interested! plus i have a bunch I have yet to put up there.

Reaction score

WoW! Panua, you are extremely multi-talented! I dont think my hand would be steady enough to do calligraphy!
Thanks chica! I like to keep busy. On top of all of this, I am also a brewer, mostly cordials right now but hopefully, once we move into our permanent home, I can start setting up wine and beers.

:D /emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Reaction score

I sell my necklaces on Etsy if anyone is interested! plus i have a bunch I have yet to put up there.
Same user name?

Latest posts