Are you a Craftster? Share your projects!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ladies, you are all so talented. I wish I could do crafts - podgy is about my speed.

The necklaces are amazing!

I finally finished the weaving belt I'd been working on (weaving in writing can take a little while) as well as knocked out to more lengths of trim!

Today has been a very productive day.  I finished all of these today.

Close up of a belt for a friend:

Belt made for a friend

5.5 yds of purple and yellow trim

An outfit inspired from 9th century viking documents:

I ran out of silk thread so I am not able to finish the embroidery along the neck line and sleeves but other than that, my outfit for this weekend is complete.

Everything except the necklace and the little leaf blade were all braided, woven or sewn by me. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Wow that weaving looks cool. I'd like to learn how to design my own necklaces

All of these projects are awesome.

This kind of weaving is called inkle loom, its more used for belts and trim. There is another kind of braiding called kumihimo or there is always macrame!

Google has all kinds of hows to tutorials. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Dec 5th, I mixed up some ingredients and put them in the pantry to sit and wait.

This past weekend saw me filtering and bottling that delicious liquid up to take to a camping event this weekend. This is my Autumn Spice cordial which has won me 2 competitions so far. It's like drinking an apple pie with a kick without that alcoholic burn so you forget you are drinking something with alcohol. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

This past year I have been experimenting and tweaking a pumpkin version. It's not quite as smooth as the one above but its getting there. It will also be making it debut this weekend.

just out of curiosity do you sell samples? lol, i really wanna try it. Sounds so good

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Dec 5th, I mixed up some ingredients and put them in the pantry to sit and wait.

This past weekend saw me filtering and bottling that delicious liquid up to take to a camping event this weekend. This is my Autumn Spice cordial which has won me 2 competitions so far. It's like drinking an apple pie with a kick without that alcoholic burn so you forget you are drinking something with alcohol. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

This past year I have been experimenting and tweaking a pumpkin version. It's not quite as smooth as the one above but its getting there. It will also be making it debut this weekend.

If you were local, I'd give you a bottle but I'm not sure it would survive shipping. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Though I probably could if I capped it but I don't have the material to do that just yet.

Hopefully one day I'll be able to try it! I'm not as crafty as you, but I do enjoy scrapbooking and making cards. Here's the two most recent ones I made.

Necklace for my friend's wedding                                             

Sample of the ones I sell

Sorry about the bad pictures. I've been going nuts lately because I am never not doing something with my hands and I haven't been able to work on anything for the past month and a half. It's nice to see that crafts haven't completely died though, I'm always the youngest person in the craft stores around here
rolleyes.gif

Oh wow!  Those are lovely!!

Originally Posted by tweakabell /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Necklace for my friend's wedding                                             

Sample of the ones I sell

Sorry about the bad pictures. I've been going nuts lately because I am never not doing something with my hands and I haven't been able to work on anything for the past month and a half. It's nice to see that crafts haven't completely died though, I'm always the youngest person in the craft stores around here
rolleyes.gif

Aw, thank you. It's so cool seeing all the crafts on here. I couldn't imagine doing calligraphy, my handwriting looks like a second graders
laughing.gif

Originally Posted by autumnandicarus /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Aw this thread has been inactive for a while! I like making jewelry so I thought I would post some of my pieces :]
I love your jewelry!  Beautiful.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have no idea how I missed this thread but WOW. Ladies you are talented!

Pancua... weaving, fencing, sewing... you are the Wonder Woman of crafts and skills! Is your Autumn Spice cordial like a hard cider? It looks delish!

All that pretty jewelry... so gorgeous. I need it all of course hehe

Fairest, love your adorable outfits!

When I was younger I did quite a bit of clay work on the wheel. I also did a bit of cross stitch and embroidery but got bored with that. Now my artistic abilities are mostly baking related or digital art. I do make my own vanilla extract and vanilla sugar to bake with. I have also done a little canning. We have made pickles a few times and some super tasty "sparkling holiday jam" last year. I used to paint but I haven't had a place to set up my stuff in a long time. I do draw pixel art dolls and animations still but most people just laugh at it when they find out what it is so I have stopped showing anyone except my family. I love working on my websites too.

Back