Are You New to Memebox?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Total newbie here: is there anyway to avoid the shipping charge, like with a free shipping code or something? 

Total newbie here: is there anyway to avoid the shipping charge, like with a free shipping code or something? 
They constantly seem to have specials going on. I know at the moment there's no free shipping type deal, but you can use an affiliate code once per month.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok so I gave in and ordered my first Memebox!  ok...so my first four memeboxes.....don't judge me.  I just couldn't decide, and they all sound great....

I'm super sad I missed out on the "my cute wishlist" boxes :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

How often do they restock?  Should I keep an eye out for this one to come back??

Ok so I gave in and ordered my first Memebox!  ok...so my first four memeboxes.....don't judge me.  I just couldn't decide, and they all sound great....

I'm super sad I missed out on the "my cute wishlist" boxes :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

How often do they restock?  Should I keep an eye out for this one to come back??
you should always keep an eye out for restocks they should be due another big one where most of the older boxes come up, sometimes they come up just after shipping date. have you checked that all the bundles sold out

I've only been on Memebox since some point around mid July, I already have ordered around a dozen boxes. Trust me, I think all of us (or at least most of us Memebox addicts) have been there! 

I see a few restocks here and there, but they seem to sell out almost instantly, so you really have to keep an eye out. Considering that they just shipped out the original My Cute Wishlist and are already about to ship out the second one, I have a feeling there will be a third.

A lot of us actually trade the items we aren't interested in, so if you see something you really wanted in the My Cute Wishlist boxes you may be able to track them down on the trade lists, and there's a Memebox trade thread where you can let everyone know specifically what you're looking for, and then list your own unwanted items once your boxes arrive. it's the perfect way to get rid of items you wouldn't normally buy/want, and trade in for things you you want from boxes you missed out on.

My goodness!!! How have I missed out on this?  I've been trying to save money,but this stuff is cute cute and serious skincare.  What items do you all think are worth my budget if I had to choose?  Is there a loyalty code that I can use for someone?

My goodness!!! How have I missed out on this?  I've been trying to save money,but this stuff is cute cute and serious skincare.  What items do you all think are worth my budget if I had to choose?  Is there a loyalty code that I can use for someone?
For those that are new to Memebox and want to test the waters a bit, it really is always a great idea to check and see which boxes are "Ready to Ship" then look up reviews (or unboxings as they're often called) on Google, or check to see if the Memebox site has it listed under their Unboxes section, that way you'll know EXACTLY what you are getting. However, the most popular boxes (and the boxes EVERYONE tells me not to miss out on) are the Global boxes and the Lucky boxes, which from what I hear always have the best deals and more often than not the best/most unique products. But those boxes (I'm told) never last long enough for people to find out what is in them before buying them.

I don't think we're allowed to post the codes, but there are $5 off coupons that you can find anywhere, and those that sign up for a new account are currently getting 2 free Memebox points on their account (each point is equal to $2 off and you can use them at the checkout), so between that and the coupon you basically get free shipping on a box. 

Thank you cfisher!  I appreciate the info.  This community is always so honest and helpful.   :hugs3:

Thank you cfisher!  I appreciate the info.  This community is always so honest and helpful.   :hugs3:
It's no problem at all, I'm quite new to this site and Memebox, and everyone is always so helpful, it's nice to be able to help in any way.

Are you new to Korean skincare in general, or just Memebox? 

cfisher, I am a box junkie who has been out of work for a year.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> When I get back in the market, I will definately order a memebox.  The site says something about customs.  Have you heard of anyone experiencing problems or is it really not an issue?

Oh, and I've heard that Korea is on the cutting edge of skincare and that's important to me.  I'm fair with freckles.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oh, and I've heard that Korea is on the cutting edge of skincare and that's important to me.  I'm fair with freckles.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Are you located in the US? I know we don't have to pay customs in the US for such things, but I do know in some countries people are occasionally hit by customs (and it seems to be rather inconsistent). 

I have fair skin as well, but I get spots here and there so Korean skincare is perfect for me. I can't use drugstore type products without getting some sort of irritation, but I've never had any issues with Korean skincare. I've been a bit obsessed with it for awhile now, but I am quite new to Memebox.

cfisher, I am a box junkie who has been out of work for a year.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> When I get back in the market, I will definately order a memebox.  The site says something about customs.  Have you heard of anyone experiencing problems or is it really not an issue?
Seems like everybody in the US doesn't pay customs (that I'm aware of). You have to buy a lot at once for US to charge customs.

There is a thread for this topic.. my impression is that other countries sometimes do and sometimes don't. varies a LOT

https://www.makeuptalk.com/f/topic/131767-customshas-it-gotten-you/

Last edited by a moderator:
Memebox has me over here wringing my hands nervously. I really want to get into Korean beauty products, and Memebox seems like a great way to dip a toe in, but I have no idea where to start! 

I'm just going to go scroll through their list of boxes and pretend I know what's going on. lol

Memebox has me over here wringing my hands nervously. I really want to get into Korean beauty products, and Memebox seems like a great way to dip a toe in, but I have no idea where to start! 

I'm just going to go scroll through their list of boxes and pretend I know what's going on. lol
I forget where I first heard about Memebox, but I was already really into Korean skincare so that definitely helped, but honestly most of the brands in the boxes aren't really well known brands so even that doesn't help much when you first start with Memebox. If you really want a sure bet for your money the boxes that are ready to ship are great since you can look up the unboxings for those boxes once people start to receive them. But if you really just want to buy one box and be surprised, the Global boxes and Lucky boxes seem to be the best value and everyone says they have the best items. If you have any questions about specific products, people in the Memebox thread are always eager to help. I'm far from the most knowledgable on Memebox, but feel free to send me a message if you have any questions about product types and such, Korean skincare regimens and products can be really overwhelming at first, but I really think it's worth it.

So... I received a tracking number for my first box. Lucky Box 9. The link for the tracking takes me to some bizarre program , all in Korean that wants me to download a program. I just went for standard shipping.

How do you all track your boxes and how long is it taking to get them to the West Coast of the US?

Can anyone recommended some websites to buy korean products for a decent price? I was also really interested in Korean products before discovering memebox. The only site I found that appears to be legit is Beautynetkorea. I just find the prices on memebox to be higher, or is that just me? :blink:

So... I received a tracking number for my first box. Lucky Box 9. The link for the tracking takes me to some bizarre program , all in Korean that wants me to download a program. I just went for standard shipping.

How do you all track your boxes and how long is it taking to get them to the West Coast of the US?
I don't have a shipping link on hand at the moment so I'm trying to respond to this by memory. This is the standard shipping method, and unlike other shipping services it's not really user friendly for those that don't speak Korean. What worked for me is clicking on "cancel" rather than "okay/aceept/whatever it says" when the pop up comes up (I think there is two pop ups). When I do that, it then gives me a page that shows the transit of the package. 

Can anyone recommended some websites to buy korean products for a decent price? I was also really interested in Korean products before discovering memebox. The only site I found that appears to be legit is Beautynetkorea. I just find the prices on memebox to be higher, or is that just me? :blink:
The Memebox prices are INSANE. It really should be avoided, on a very rare occasion their 50%-70% off sale prices are reasonable, but their standard prices are usually marked up at least 200%. A lot of the items I've found at 1/10th the price elsewhere.

When it comes to Korean skincare online, there's one major factor. If you are planning on only making a small purchase, sites like BeautyNetKorea (or just buying through sites like eBay since many Korean sellers sell skincare with free shipping) are really your best option, because the shipping factor can make a huge difference for small purchases.

However, BeautyNetKorea has a very limited selection, and a lot of their items are marked up quite a bit. If you plan on making a decent sized order, shipping definitely evens things out. For larger orders, sites like TesterKorea (one bonus for this site is that they have samples you can buy, $2 will usually get you 10 decent sized sample packets of really popular/well known/well established products and brands), RoseRoseShop and KoreaDepart are your best options. I would definitely say that TesterKorea and RoseRoseShop have the better prices, but KoreaDepart has more of a selection of unique and harder to find items.

Also, HonestSkin is great for smallish orders. Their shipping charges are EXCELLENT. And they also CONSTANTLY have one or two brands offered at up to 50% off. Their selection is small but I always take advantage of their sales. I recently placed an order for $100 and received what would have cost me $200 on sites like RoseRoseShop, over $300 on sites like BeautyNetKorea and well over $700 on Memebox. And the shipping charges were $17 for 14 items. The shipping is charged per item not weight, so it's best for multi item orders (lots of multi packs at great costs), after your first several items they basically just add $1 per item. Their regular prices on items are decent to great, depending on the item, but their great shipping costs and sales are AMAZING. They also frequently do this thing where they just put everything in their shop at 30% off, they did it in March or April, and in July as well so it's apparently a fairly common thing. Their selection is modest, similar to BeautyNetKorea in my opinion, but they carry mostly the top/most popular brands and items, so it's really a safe option. 

The Memebox prices are INSANE. It really should be avoided, on a very rare occasion their 50%-70% off sale prices are reasonable, but their standard prices are usually marked up at least 200%. A lot of the items I've found at 1/10th the price elsewhere.

When it comes to Korean skincare online, there's one major factor. If you are planning on only making a small purchase, sites like BeautyNetKorea (or just buying through sites like eBay since many Korean sellers sell skincare with free shipping) are really your best option, because the shipping factor can make a huge difference for small purchases.

However, BeautyNetKorea has a very limited selection, and a lot of their items are marked up quite a bit. If you plan on making a decent sized order, shipping definitely evens things out. For larger orders, sites like TesterKorea (one bonus for this site is that they have samples you can buy, $2 will usually get you 10 decent sized sample packets of really popular/well known/well established products and brands), RoseRoseShop and KoreaDepart are your best options. I would definitely say that TesterKorea and RoseRoseShop have the better prices, but KoreaDepart has more of a selection of unique and harder to find items.

Also, HonestSkin is great for smallish orders. Their shipping charges are EXCELLENT. And they also CONSTANTLY have one or two brands offered at up to 50% off. Their selection is small but I always take advantage of their sales. I recently placed an order for $100 and received what would have cost me $200 on sites like RoseRoseShop, over $300 on sites like BeautyNetKorea and well over $700 on Memebox. And the shipping charges were $17 for 14 items. The shipping is charged per item not weight, so it's best for multi item orders (lots of multi packs at great costs), after your first several items they basically just add $1 per item. Their regular prices on items are decent to great, depending on the item, but their great shipping costs and sales are AMAZING. They also frequently do this thing where they just put everything in their shop at 30% off, they did it in March or April, and in July as well so it's apparently a fairly common thing. Their selection is modest, similar to BeautyNetKorea in my opinion, but they carry mostly the top/most popular brands and items, so it's really a safe option.
Thank you so much! I dont even know where to start. :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> What would be the number one product you would recommend?

Back