Arms and butt

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was wearing a short sleeve shirt today and really noticed how bad my arms are. I will need to start working on the triceps really badly. I have no choice but get my weights out and start using them. The summer is coming so I really need to get my arms in shape among everything else. My butt could really use some help too. I just have to be careful with my legs because if I start working out they get really bulky and I don't want that. I guess bulky is better than loose though.
icon_cry.gif

I'm arms, legs, butt & stomach - I can't wait for my Easy Shaper to get here!! by the time they ship it, it'll be summer already!
icon_frown.gif

Right with you guys. I have had a pilates tape sitting in my house for months now and there is always some reason to not do it. I HATE my arms and my stomach right at the moment. I have always hated my bottom half, but as of late my arms have got to big and I don't know where the weight has come from in my mid section. 2 summers ago I got my belly pierced and I was happy with my middle because it was one of the parts I didn't have trouble with and everybody always commented on what a flat stomach I had. Now I cant sit down without having a roll hanging down around my pants. I have to get my mindset to doing more exercising. Let us know how the bodyshaper works. I have seen that on tv as an infomercial.

I have a body by Jake thats sitting in my corner. Everynight I look at it and think I'll do it tomorrow. It never happens. Now summer around the corner and I dred putting on a swim suit. My arms, butt and legs could use a good workout too!

I'm a work out/fitness junkie, here are some exercises that I have a lot of success with that target butt, thighs, and arms. None of them require anything other than a bit of floor space:

Exercises for your core muscles are really great because they tighten up everything in the middle section rather than just your abs. These are hard to describe, but hopefully this makes sense:

1. Get in push up position, your forearms and toes are on the ground and the rest of your body should be held off the ground. I know it sounds easy, but it really works. Make sure your back remains straight (no arching up or letting it sink down). Just think about good pushup position.

2. Get on your side and lift yourself up so that only the sides of your bottom foot and the forearm of you bottom arm are on the ground and then left the rest of your body up, again keeping your body straight. Do both sides.

*Hold each position for at least 60 seconds (I usually do 3 minutes) and repeat twice*

Other good things to try:

1. Get on your hands and knees and then extend one arm and then the leg on the opposite side of your body (right arm/left leg and then left arm/right leg). Hold the position. (I think this is a yoga position...something dog...)

2. Wall sits - get into sitting position against a wall and just stay there for as long as you can. This is awesome for your butt and thighs.

3. Jumpies - basically squats except that when you get to the lowest point, you kinda hop up. One of the best workouts ever is to do 5 minutes in a row of jumpies, rest 1 minute, and repeat this 2 times...it's the hardest 18 minutes but you will see amazing results in your legs.

4. Pushups...boring, but they work for your arms and chest.

Hope these help out a bit
smile.gif

This is the fiorst time i have been in this forum (Health and Fitness) but i will be making it a part of my life now. I used to go to a personal trainer 3 x week for keep fit and martial arts. i gave everything up when i got depressed , but now that i am feeling better i am really looking forward to getting involved with this section of MuT.

A good excersise for toning the upper arms (triceps) is to do tricept dips.My trainer used to make me do them on park benches.You can even use a settee (or a stepper) and use your arms to push yourself up and down from the ground holding onto the bench with your palms (body facing away from bench,stepper etc).A few dips like that a few times a day will definaltey tone and define your triceps/upper arms.In fact, ime gonna start doing them again myself.

Thanks for the inspiration!

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) I was wearing a short sleeve shirt today and really noticed how bad my arms are. I will need to start working on the triceps really badly. I have no choice but get my weights out and start using them. The summer is coming so I really need to get my arms in shape among everything else. My butt could really use some help too. I just have to be careful with my legs because if I start working out they get really bulky and I don't want that. I guess bulky is better than loose though.
icon_cry.gif
Luckily carrying around my two and three yr old have kept my arms in decent shape,but I would love for my butt to be a little firmer,maybe even a little higher.
icon_wink.gif

For Arms - What Pauline said is very right on the mark. The dips (which can also be done on the edge of a sofa, at the gym we use a flat bench) work wonderfully.

For Butt - walking lunges & squats work for me. Since you don't want to bulk up legs, stay away from the stairmaster. Quads tend to get very bulky on that, or is that just me?
icon_confused.gif

Latest posts

Back