Avon/ Meet Mark Q

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has any samples of the

Meet Mark cheeck gel that is comparable to Tarte's Cheek stain.

Also... I have questions on their (Avon's) return policies. I ordered online but now that I want to return the colors that did not work, and exchange them for the exact product in a different color, the price has gone up 2/3! Is this normal??!!
mad.gif

By the way, the Beyond Color, plumping, retinol lipstick rocks the world and back. LOVE IT> love it love it. I got it in sheer peach. It's beautiful and stays. It looks like a gloss but it's lipstick. It's great!

Originally Posted by Californian I was wondering if anyone has any samples of the Meet Mark cheeck gel that is comparable to Tarte's Cheek stain.

Also... I have questions on their (Avon's) return policies. I ordered online but now that I want to return the colors that did not work, and exchange them for the exact product in a different color, the price has gone up 2/3! Is this normal??!!
mad.gif

By the way, the Beyond Color, plumping, retinol lipstick rocks the world and back. LOVE IT> love it love it. I got it in sheer peach. It's beautiful and stays. It looks like a gloss but it's lipstick. It's great!

I have some of the Meet Mark cheek gel (tint, tint.. is what I believe it is called)... if you want me to I could make you a sample. It's good stuff IMHO.

Californian - Thanks for the tip! I love sheer lipsticks and always on the lookout for new ones. And if it's a treatment as well, then whooo-hoo!! Party hard, lil' lippies!

GlossAddict: does the cheek gel last well? I'd love to try a less expensive version of Tarte's Cheek Stain! Thanks!

Originally Posted by Californian I was wondering if anyone has any samples of the Meet Mark cheeck gel that is comparable to Tarte's Cheek stain.

mad.gif

Originally Posted by KittySkyfish Californian - Thanks for the tip! I love sheer lipsticks and always on the lookout for new ones. And if it's a treatment as well, then whooo-hoo!! Party hard, lil' lippies!
GlossAddict: does the cheek gel last well? I'd love to try a less expensive version of Tarte's Cheek Stain! Thanks!

I think it definitely lasts well. I was completely skeptical (I won't lie.. I absolutely despise Avon) but a girl I know online sells Mark and she pushed some on me
smile.gif
Just a little pea sized drop of it goes a long way. I like it because I just look slightly flushed. I just dot it along my cheek wear I want it and rub upwards. It doesn't leave any lines or anything if you put it on over powder or foundation either. Good grief, I sound like a commercial.

LOL! Same here. I can totally sound like a commercial if I really love a product.
icon_redface.gif

I see you love philosophy and LaMer - we have similar taste in skincare! I think I'm going to give CDLM another try when I use up my Awake Skin Renovation stuff. It's very nice, but not as rich as CDLM. And...per ounce it's pricier than CDLM!

Originally Posted by GlossAddict I think it definitely lasts well. I was completely skeptical (I won't lie.. I absolutely despise Avon) but a girl I know online sells Mark and she pushed some on me
smile.gif
Just a little pea sized drop of it goes a long way. I like it because I just look slightly flushed. I just dot it along my cheek wear I want it and rub upwards. It doesn't leave any lines or anything if you put it on over powder or foundation either. Good grief, I sound like a commercial.

Originally Posted by KittySkyfish Californian - Thanks for the tip! I love sheer lipsticks and always on the lookout for new ones. And if it's a treatment as well, then whooo-hoo!! Party hard, lil' lippies!

RE: Avon's Beyond Color plumping retinol lipstick in "beige shimmer"
Kitty! You will love the color in beige shimmer then. I am sure of it. Besides, if there's a chance you don't, they'll take it back or I'll buy it from you. LOL> it's super smooth, a bit glossy and long lasting. You'd think it costed $20.00.

Originally Posted by GlossAddict I have some of the Meet Mark cheek gel (tint, tint.. is what I believe it is called)... if you want me to I could make you a sample. It's good stuff IMHO. How would you make a sample? Darn it, maybe I should just get a life and buy a bottle!!! LOL They will take it back if I don't like it. That's what I'll do. It's too much trouble unless the sample is already made up. But thank you kindly. You rock. If you like the cheek gel even though you hate Avon, I am sure I will like it!!!
smile.gif
Calif

ffbanner6.jpg

Originally Posted by Californian How would you make a sample? Darn it, maybe I should just get a life and buy a bottle!!! LOL They will take it back if I don't like it. That's what I'll do. It's too much trouble unless the sample is already made up. But thank you kindly. You rock. If you like the cheek gel even though you hate Avon, I am sure I will like it!!!
smile.gif
Calif

ffbanner6.jpg

lol.. I have massive quantities of 5 gram jars... wouldn't be any trouble to make a sample. Just let me know if you want me to. It's no problem at all.

Originally Posted by GlossAddict lol.. I have massive quantities of 5 gram jars... wouldn't be any trouble to make a sample. Just let me know if you want me to. It's no problem at all. Hey Gloss, Are you in or near California, by chance? Hehe.

Originally Posted by Californian Hey Gloss, Are you in or near California, by chance? Hehe. Um.. not yet
smile.gif
We're looking to move out there relatively soon... Newport Beach area.
BTW, if you want one of those Mark Samples, just email me at [email protected]. (hope it's OK to post that).

Although I don't have samples of those. I don't think it's normal for the price to have gone up that much! Maybe it was on sale and went back to original price? I never have problems like that when I do my returns through AVON but then again I am a representative. And, although I am an AVON rep I haven't tried all the products (how could I have?) is the Avon's Beyond Color plumping retinol lipstickactually plump your lips? Im going to not take over your post and make another post with a question w/something to do with this.

Originally Posted by Pinktronic Although I don't have samples of those. I don't think it's normal for the price to have gone up that much! Maybe it was on sale and went back to original price? I never have problems like that when I do my returns through AVON but then again I am a representative.
And, although I am an AVON rep I haven't tried all the products (how could I have?) is the Avon's Beyond Color plumping retinol lipstickactually plump your lips? Im going to not take over your post and make another post with a question w/something to do with this.

Hi Pink! This is NOT taking over the post LOL>The lipstick does not dramatically increase the size, no. But it seems to make them look bigger by a few centimeters or so. Besides the color of the beige shimmer is so pretty that I do not care if it gives me fat or skinny lips. It's like a combination of a gloss and a lipstick and it just goes on very well.

Sincerely,

Cali

P.S. Yes on the prices... you have to pay 4-6 extra bucks to exchange the beauty special items. Bummer.

kkbanner1.jpg

That really sucks you have to pay 4-6 extra bucks. I hate AVON.com and meetmark.com they are so undercutting us representatives. I wouldn't even tell you to buy from me but buy from a rep period. Maybe you should find a rep where you are? Although AVON.com likes to give discounts that are so outrageous we reps can't even give. Like 40% off and mark. was doing 50% off.

Originally Posted by Pinktronic That really sucks you have to pay 4-6 extra bucks. I hate AVON.com and meetmark.com they are so undercutting us representatives. I wouldn't even tell you to buy from me but buy from a rep period. Maybe you should find a rep where you are? Although AVON.com likes to give discounts that are so outrageous we reps can't even give. Like 40% off and mark. was doing 50% off. Yeah, it's weird. You get a discount online but if you want to return, the discount is marked back up a day or two later and you pay full price. It is a pretty sketchy practice but no unheard of. Next time, I'll either order from a rep or I'll make sure that I want the product before I buy it so that I do not have to return a wrong color.Thanks Pink

ffbanner11.jpg

Yay!
smile.gif
Great. Another person I have turned away from avon.com!!!
smile.gif
When it didn't exist reps never had these problems.

Latest posts

Back