B&BW has certainly gotten expensive!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I love the new Chocolate Fondue scent in the Tutti Dolci line, but when I looked at a gift set today, it was $92!! Then I thought I would jsut get the cologne to go with the body souffle I already have, and noticed that B&BW has raised the price from $24 (which I thought was high) to $28!! I passed.
icon_surprised.gif

Originally Posted by LindaA I love the new Chocolate Fondue scent in the Tutti Dolci line, but when I looked at a gift set today, it was $92!! Then I thought I would jsut get the cologne to go with the body souffle I already have, and noticed that B&BW has raised the price from $24 (which I thought was high) to $28!! I passed.
icon_surprised.gif
$92 for a B&BW gift set!!?!?!?!
eek.gif
Is this a special line? Or did they raise the price on all their stuff?
icon_eek.gif

Tutti Dolci is their new Italian (?) line. It's kind of a knock off of the Dessert Beauty line. The products are really nice, but not that nice!!

Originally Posted by LindaA Tutti Dolci is their new Italian (?) line. It's kind of a knock off of the Dessert Beauty line. The products are really nice, but not that nice!! yeah - unless it is made of gold! lol
icon_rolleyes.gif

I love that stuff too. Try Victoria's Secret Stores. I bought the body lotion in Chocolate Fondue there. I don't know if they are cheaper than B&BW (I haven't been there lately) but who knows, maybe its cheaper.

Originally Posted by LindaA I love the new Chocolate Fondue scent in the Tutti Dolci line, but when I looked at a gift set today, it was $92!! Then I thought I would jsut get the cologne to go with the body souffle I already have, and noticed that B&BW has raised the price from $24 (which I thought was high) to $28!! I passed.
icon_surprised.gif

I've never seen a VS that sold B&BW items. At least the one near me doesn't. (I worked for VS Beauty for 4 years in the late '90's.) If they do, I doubt they'd be cheaper as they are really the same company.

Are you in NYC? Because there is a huge VS in NYC and they sell Tutti Dolce there. I don't recall how much, but they do sell that line of products.

No, I'm in Virginia. I understand that there is a VS in NYC that's kind of a clearance center for Limited Brands stuff. I guess that must be the one you are referring to. I've always wanted to go there.

I agree...I did a lot of shopping at BBW over the holidays 'cause I got a gift card. Their products are hit or miss for me. I paid what I thought was a lot for some of the True Blue Spa products, and they didn't deliver at all; very disappointing. Then I tried some Tutti Dolce Body Buff and I loved it, not thrilled with the price but I think I'd buy it again. So, depending on the product, the price can be totally unreasonable or, justifiable.
icon_confused.gif

$92? :::faints dead:::: i went there yesterday to check out the cherry blossom fragrance (not a winner) and its the first time in years that i really looked around. last time i went it was to check out the tootie frootie dolce whatever line, and the price shocked me then.

some of the apothecary looking stuff interested me, so i picked up some rosewater and chamomile EO and im going to mix it with witch hazel and use that as a toner when it gets warmer.

i also applied for a PT job there. lol. my hours at my job stink lately and i need more money.

The Victoria's Secret store I'm referring to is the one on 34th Street at Hearld Center. I don't know if they're a "clearance center" for B&BW stuff but I'm looking for my receipt to see how much I paid for the Chocolate Fondue lotion because now I'm curious.
icon_smile.gif

I was surprised to see the stuff sold there too - I just figured perhaps they are all owned by the same company. (The Limited, Express, VSC, etc.) Maybe that's why...?

Amethysst, that must be the reason. Ive heard about this store, but I've never been there. I may be in NYC in August and I'll have to check it out. I'm told they sell catalog items there as well.

Originally Posted by LindaA I'm told they sell catalog items there as well. Really? You mean the clothes n' stuff too?
icon_eek.gif
oooh... might have to make a trip to the city if they do - just to try on the jeans w/o having the hassles of returning the catalog ones a million times to find ones that fit !
icon_redface.gif

Well, the VS store in Herald Center doesn't sell clothing meaning jeans and stuff. But they sell the "Pink" line of pajamas, tank tops and camisoles. They sell their usual lingerie & bras, makeup and bath products, perfumes, etc., but none of the sportwear-type clothing items found in their catalogs. I only wish they did. It would avoid returning stuff through the mail that doesn't fit.

Originally Posted by Amethyst Well, the VS store in Herald Center doesn't sell clothing meaning jeans and stuff. But they sell the "Pink" line of pajamas, tank tops and camisoles. They sell their usual lingerie & bras, makeup and bath products, perfumes, etc., but none of the sportwear-type clothing items found in their catalogs. I only wish they did. It would avoid returning stuff through the mail that doesn't fit. Awww.. damn - I had my hopes up there for a second! LOL

icon_surprised.gif
OMG that is insane. i haven't been to B&BW since around christmas. since i don't use their lotions since i like TBS body butters better.

Backygirly, I just hate to buy scents from etailers because you can't smell them first.

Originally Posted by Emma1980 Whew! I'd go for e-tailers who make B&BW dupes. MMU (www.mmucosmetics.com) and The Body Perfumery (www.thebodyperfumery.com) come to mind. Both carry hundreds of scents and you can custom scent all your stuff. MMU has more fragrances but The Body Perfumery's prices are more reasonable. I've bought from both and think they make great stuff.
~Em

Welcome to MuT, Emma~! I'm Janelle from NY - nice to meet you! Enjoy yourself, and if you need any help, just PM me or any other Mod, and we'll help you out
icon_cheesygrin.gif

yes dolci smelly and choclatsy...Yesterday i was in the Bath N Body store and i saw Dolci, It was open to see through...But Strong Choclate smell for a moment i thought that's a Choclate flavor cake
icon_eek.gif
but high expensive..

Originally Posted by Emma1980 Whew! I'd go for e-tailers who make B&BW dupes. MMU (www.mmucosmetics.com) and The Body Perfumery (www.thebodyperfumery.com) come to mind. Both carry hundreds of scents and you can custom scent all your stuff. MMU has more fragrances but The Body Perfumery's prices are more reasonable. I've bought from both and think they make great stuff.
~Em

hey emma, welcome to MuT. im the B&B&fragrance board mod. i hope you like it here.
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back