Quantcast

Base & Wash

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
What is the difference between a base and a wash in talking about eye shadows? Is the base just on the lid and a wash all over the eye?

Please explain!

TIA

Reaction score
I thought a base was a product that keeps your eyeshadow from creasing (like I use foundation and loose powder; some people buy a specific product for it), while a wash is just applying a light or neutral eyeshadow all over the lid (and maybe up to the browbone, not sure exactly), then you add your other eyeshadows on top

Reaction score
Originally Posted by girl_geek I thought a base was a product that keeps your eyeshadow from creasing (like I use foundation and loose powder; some people buy a specific product for it), while a wash is just applying a light or neutral eyeshadow all over the lid (and maybe up to the browbone, not sure exactly), then you add your other eyeshadows on top
Yea, that's how I describe it girlgeek!
Base = primer (something to prep the skin)

Wash = an application technique (usually sweeping color from lashline to browbone)

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trisha In Stila terms, a base is usually a matte light colour all over the eyelid area, used to neutralize any discolouration. A wash would just be the colour you use all over the eye to actually add some colour! x This is how i would describe it too, and it's what we were taught in college.

Reaction score
That's how I knew it too

Originally Posted by Joyeuux Yea, that's how I describe it girlgeek!
Base = primer (something to prep the skin)

Wash = an application technique (usually sweeping color from lashline to browbone)

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trisha In Stila terms, a base is usually a matte light colour all over the eyelid area, used to neutralize any discolouration. A wash would just be the colour you use all over the eye to actually add some colour! x Same thing I was taught in school.

Liz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trisha In Stila terms, a base is usually a matte light colour all over the eyelid area, used to neutralize any discolouration. A wash would just be the colour you use all over the eye to actually add some colour! x so what are things like CCB's, paints, and shadesticks?are those bases or something else?

Latest posts