Beauteque Beauty Bag: New Korean Cosmetics Subscription *May Contain Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm on the fence with this one.  They're so new just as a company, I don't think they know what they are getting into with subscriptions (if that's what this is, I can't tell). 

Part of the problem is that they are more expensive than buying from some Korean stores or Amazon, etc and they charge shipping.  You pay a premium from their shop but you certainly get it quicker, thats for sure.

I know they want to capitalize on what Memebox is doing and I'm glad because I think there's a great market for it but they just barely even started being a business!  Eek!

If they could make some good business connections with some korean make up houses and do a mostly makeup bag, I think they could corner that market pretty quick.

I'm gonna watch and see what happens :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Saffyra, 

The bag has free shipping if you live in the USA. I used Miss Jexie's discount code on her blog review, and it paid for the tax they charge. 

Everything but the brush is customizable according to color preference for the cosmetics and skin type for the other products. 

I don't think this box looks very exciting, but I hope you guys are enjoying it. :3 I just feel like I wouldn't like anything in the box except for the masks, but those My Beauty Diary masks are like $10 a box, so it is not worth it for me.

I like the idea how you can choose from the different selections, but I also think a little mystery would be fun :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for this! 

I would like to see maybe more makeup products in the future. And skincare items. I think I will sign up for the next bag as I've already tested many MBD masks and the skinfood handcream. ^^

MissJexie,

Read your blog and bought one with your code. When I checked out, there was no mention at all about the Essie nail polish. Not that it's a deal breaker for me or anything, but I'm not sure they are still offering it with the July bag purchase.. I wrote their CS to ask. 

I love Korean beauty products and it will be nice to have something to compare all the Memeboxes I'm getting to another Korean company's curated box. 

It was also nice to be able to customize the product selections so much. That was impressive. 

Count me in on the multitude who have over a dozen Memeboxes ordered and arriving, well, soon. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've got to stop buying so many. They tempt me so much. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I believe the deal was the first 20 people who pre-order get a magnetic Essie polish, and everyone else that pre-order before the end of the month will receive a regular Essie polish. At least that's what I was told! Let me know what they say to your e-mail! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have GOT to stop buying Memeboxes for a while. I think I just have WAY too much product at this point, but I want new K-beauty stuff coming in because I'm addicted LOL. I like that the Beauteque bags are monthly, and I loved that I got to choose the products because I feel like I will spend a LOT less. (I'm lying but I keep telling myself that! LOL)

I like the idea how you can choose from the different selections, but I also think a little mystery would be fun :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I totally agree! I think maybe there should be an option in the future (once the BB bags are more off the ground) where you can either choose your products, or get a completely different mystery bag!

I know someone said that the My Beauty Diary Masks are only $10 a box and stuff but I'm one of those crazies who is obsessed with sheet masks. I use them every single day of my life. I think the MBD masks are the best value since I use them so often. I think they fit my face the best (I only need to trim little slits on either side of the eye holes to widen them) and they are super-saturated and stick to my face the best I know this totally turned into a My Beauty Diary commerical but I just love their masks!

I believe the deal was the first 20 people who pre-order get a magnetic Essie polish, and everyone else that pre-order before the end of the month will receive a regular Essie polish. At least that's what I was told! Let me know what they say to your e-mail! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have GOT to stop buying Memeboxes for a while. I think I just have WAY too much product at this point, but I want new K-beauty stuff coming in because I'm addicted LOL. I like that the Beauteque bags are monthly, and I loved that I got to choose the products because I feel like I will spend a LOT less. (I'm lying but I keep telling myself that! LOL)
I emailed them and they said they were sending a reg. Essie polish. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> SO happy not to be getting a magnetic polish.

I am seriously worried about my love for Memeboxes. I mean, the company is doing a pretty hard sell to us, and I am buying into their " so limited" and " very special offer" every time. It has to stop. Like you said--I have to stop. They don't, LOL.

I'd now love a Korean body care box. And a monthly Korean makeup box. I dreamed last night that I went to S. Korea to go shopping for beauty products. Woke up in a cold sweat because IRL my husband would lose his career if he got anywhere near N. Korean borders. 

BUT- I surely did have fun shopping for hours. A box with a live octopus reached out and took my hand and said " Please take me home, you need me".

Probably need to lay off the Ambien CR at night too. LOLOL.

This ALL started when Glossybox, I think it was, had Missha BB cream in their box. Whole full sized tube and I have hoarded it like Ebeneezer Scooge's daughter, thinking I could never find it again. I did see it on Beuteque's site, which made me happy but I have no clue which one is #23. It was made for my skin tone. 

I emailed them and they said they were sending a reg. Essie polish. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> SO happy not to be getting a magnetic polish.

I am seriously worried about my love for Memeboxes. I mean, the company is doing a pretty hard sell to us, and I am buying into their " so limited" and " very special offer" every time. It has to stop. Like you said--I have to stop. They don't, LOL.

I'd now love a Korean body care box. And a monthly Korean makeup box. I dreamed last night that I went to S. Korea to go shopping for beauty products. Woke up in a cold sweat because IRL my husband would lose his career if he got anywhere near N. Korean borders. 

BUT- I surely did have fun shopping for hours. A box with a live octopus reached out and took my hand and said " Please take me home, you need me".

Probably need to lay off the Ambien CR at night too. LOLOL.

This ALL started when Glossybox, I think it was, had Missha BB cream in their box. Whole full sized tube and I have hoarded it like Ebeneezer Scooge's daughter, thinking I could never find it again. I did see it on Beuteque's site, which made me happy but I have no clue which one is #23. It was made for my skin tone. 
HAHAHA Oh gosh I'm cracking up about the live octopus!! Also if you e-mail Beauteque with the questions you have about the Missha BB cream they'll help you find the right one. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> They've got great customer service! I love the Missha BB cream too! I also love a lot of skin79 bb's as well. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

OK So I got the bag today and I'm actually really happy with it.

It's really hard NOT to compare to Memebox, but I have to remember that Beauteque's beauty bags are going to be more like Ipsy or Glossybox. I don't think it was 100% a winner for me, but I look at Glossybox, which is pretty much the same price, and it suddenly is a much better deal. Looking at the subscription on it's own without comparing it to other subscriptions or companies, it's worth the money for me. As nice as it is that they included some of their own products, I'm hoping for more Korean products in next month's bag. I've gotta say though, the Beauteque brush is pretty fabulous. I wish there was less mask-related skin care and a bit more variety overall, but that's just the blogger/reviewer side of me talking. I like the direction their going and I'm genuinely excited to see where this subscription goes.
Thanks for sharing what you received! 

Do you know what route they're going to take?  Are they going to be Asian beauty product bags or make up bags with some asian product?  Personally, with the craze the way is now, I hope they go full Asian beauty. 

It is hard when you compare it to a Memebox which is essentially the same price (except the shipping that takes a huge chunk out of your wallet so it's not really... Ugh.).  Beauteque doesn't have the access like Memebox does so I think they did pretty well for that.  I do like the MBD masks and I'm glad to see they included Skinfood.  Including a tool was a great idea, too.

I've got so many Memeboxes coming but I'm keeping my eye on Beauteque :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks for sharing what you received! 

Do you know what route they're going to take?  Are they going to be Asian beauty product bags or make up bags with some asian product?  Personally, with the craze the way is now, I hope they go full Asian beauty. 

It is hard when you compare it to a Memebox which is essentially the same price (except the shipping that takes a huge chunk out of your wallet so it's not really... Ugh.).  Beauteque doesn't have the access like Memebox does so I think they did pretty well for that.  I do like the MBD masks and I'm glad to see they included Skinfood.  Including a tool was a great idea, too.

I've got so many Memeboxes coming but I'm keeping my eye on Beauteque :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I'm not sure what route they are planning on taking for sure, but since I have done reviews for them, they have chatted with me a bit about it. I know they just recently released their line of shadows and brushes, so I think that is why they were included in the bags this month. Also the Essie polish was just a bonus product for pre-ordering the bag before July 1st.

So my understanding is that the bags will be exclusively K-Beauty, although I could definitely be wrong on that.

But Yea I think of Memeboxes as $30 and up, so to me Beauteque is less expensive. Plus it's once a month, and ships from the US, which is another benefit. They're a new company and they're trying new things, and I really think that once they find their stride and get more feedback from their customers, the BB bags are going to be awesome. I really liked this one. I'm not going to use the shadow simply because I don't really use loose shadows, but it's actually really nice quality and it wasn't a bad product to get. But I am interested to see if it's exclusively Korean products in the next bag!

I really want to try this, I've been debating on it for a few days. That shea butter hand cream is calling to me.

I really want to try this, I've been debating on it for a few days. That shea butter hand cream is calling to me.
That's the lotion I picked too and ughhh It's sooo nice. I have a thing for hand creams, I have no idea what it is about them but I hoard them like crazy!

That's the lotion I picked too and ughhh It's sooo nice. I have a thing for hand creams, I have no idea what it is about them but I hoard them like crazy!
The skinfood shea butter handcream is amazing!! Gone through atleast 3 of them, so cheap and still good quality^^

My bag arrived today and I LOVE it!! I mean, how can you not love it when you pick out almost every item in it personally? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I hope they make this a monthly box or bag ( I don't really need the bags but this one was gorgeous) subscription.

And like someone said, I hope they go to all K- beauty products. I'd like skincare mixed with some cosmetics.. It was a nice blend this month, and I want them to be a big success!!

We definitely have a need for a Korean beauty product company which can sell products and ship quickly and efficiently. My items from Beauteque were all perfect. The items which weren't sealed up like the masks were, had a different type of all-over seal. The hand cream was all sealed in factory plastic, and they sealed up their eye shadow very well. The brush came in a clear package. 

Everything is very clean and fresh looking. That means a lot to me. I just read a review about a Memebox that had moldy face masks and other products in it, so I was paying special attention to the quality control.

IMO, Beauteque has very good quality control from what I've seen thus far. I may order another bag, I like mine that much. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My bag arrived today and I LOVE it!! I mean, how can you not love it when you pick out almost every item in it personally? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I hope they make this a monthly box or bag ( I don't really need the bags but this one was gorgeous) subscription.

And like someone said, I hope they go to all K- beauty products. I'd like skincare mixed with some cosmetics.. It was a nice blend this month, and I want them to be a big success!!

We definitely have a need for a Korean beauty product company which can sell products and ship quickly and efficiently. My items from Beauteque were all perfect. The items which weren't sealed up like the masks were, had a different type of all-over seal. The hand cream was all sealed in factory plastic, and they sealed up their eye shadow very well. The brush came in a clear package. 

Everything is very clean and fresh looking. That means a lot to me. I just read a review about a Memebox that had moldy face masks and other products in it, so I was paying special attention to the quality control.

IMO, Beauteque has very good quality control from what I've seen thus far. I may order another bag, I like mine that much. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I agree that everything was so cute and I really liked that I got to choose stuff. I have already used up my sheet masks because I'm obsessed with them lol, but I would love to see them focus solely on K- Beauty in the next month's bag. Although I am LOVING the brush that they sent with this bag. I have been using it for applying my clay masks and it's perfect!

Anyone know what's happening for August with this sub? I just remembered and I'm supposed to be cutting back on subs. Not sure if there's a specific date I have to cancel by or any spoilers that will make me not want to? Or if we'd get to pick more stuff out for next month?

Anyone know what's happening for August with this sub? I just remembered and I'm supposed to be cutting back on subs. Not sure if there's a specific date I have to cancel by or any spoilers that will make me not want to? Or if we'd get to pick more stuff out for next month?
For some reason I thought I read somewhere on their facebook that the next bag doesn't go out until September...I could be wrong though?

I emailed them earlier in the week via their contact form and asked if there would be an August bag or subscription.  I have not gotten any response. However, I've reviewed about 12 products for their site now and none of my reviews show up ( and they were great reviews of course) so I'm thinking there may be a problem somewhere, either Chrome and their site, or the third party which runs their site, or something. 

I also asked about an August subscription bag or box on the Live Chat feature and the person just didn't answer- if anyone was there... I never know until they reply and no one did. Like I said, I think there are some growing pains with the website. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

With that said, I definitely want an August box or bag because their products are so fresh and clean and not dented and not dusty in mailers from Korea. And I get what I order in just a few days.

Not saying that I don't love Memebox but the novelty has worn completely off and I'm looking a lot closer at the quality of all the products in a box. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Beauteque has great quality items IMO.

For some reason I thought I read somewhere on their facebook that the next bag doesn't go out until September...I could be wrong though?
Thanks!! That actually works perfect for me! I need to cut back for at least the next month and then reevalute my credit card accounts so I am A-OK with waiting until September. I was just getting to that end of the month state of panic about subs I forgot about  and then unexpected charges that are either going to take the money I need for gas/groceries or get declined lol.

Back