Beauty Army April 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes! Trust me, I would never be so lucky to have both show up! I hope green beret shows up next time (although I doubt it) because it will be the last one I'm missing

Originally Posted by CookiesGirl327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes! Trust me, I would never be so lucky to have both show up! I hope green beret shows up next time (although I doubt it) because it will be the last one I'm missing
I hope they add more colors to the Camo Collection.  There are so many more possibilities.  The one I'd look forward to the most is Purple Heart - I love purple eye stuff.

I hope they add more colors to the Camo Collection.  There are so many more possibilities.  The one I'd look forward to the most is Purple Heart - I love purple eye stuff.
Speaking of that Cameo collection, if you go to whip cosmetics website, they have countless of colors. I don't understand why they would give limited same colors. The color of the year is green so they should provide that.

Originally Posted by lexxies22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Speaking of that Cameo collection, if you go to whip cosmetics website, they have countless of colors. I don't understand why they would give limited same colors. The color of the year is green so they should provide that.
Green Beret is one of the 4 colors available from Beauty Army. 

Green Beret is one of the 4 colors available from Beauty Army. 
Didn't see that, well, I got the bronze/gold sample. I joined BA since Feb. still new to it but might skip this month.

Originally Posted by MaiteS /img/forum/go_quote.gif

so dissapointed. 

so i got my March box yesterday ( my window is the 25th so it always runs into the next month) and found that they broke my dry shampoo on purpose to fix the issue of it fitting in the box. i couldnt even get it to properly fit back onto the top because when i did it just squirted everywhere and dry shampoo got everywhere. it was pretty much botched. i wrote to them stating that the product was ruined just to fit inside the box and all i got was an extra sample for my next month box...

sigh. i dont even know what to say because i love this company and this is my first issue with them.

i decided to facebook message the dry shampoo company and also tweet them to let them know what happened.

here are some pictures! and just a warning to any of you ladies who got the dry shampoo. they didnt ship mine in an additional box and instead broke a product and crammed it into the small beauty army box. and mine wasnt as worse as some of my other friends - two of my friends on youtube had their shampoo empty OUT into the box and ruin the rest of the products in their box and they got back the same reply from Beauty Army that I did - an additional product for their next box.

you can see here where the green spray part inside was chipped off - making it not work at all

That must suck! I'm sorry. They took off the lid of mine too, but luckily nothing bad happened and none came out or anything. I wish they would have just made the boxes bigger or something.

I actually contacted the New York Streets company and they were very sweet to me - I pretty much sent them the same pictures and just told them my experience. nothing rude or short with them.

Hi Maite, We are sorry that your Dry Shampoo is not working properly. We are investigating this with Beauty Army and will send you a new one to try! We will let you know as soon as we can when you can expect to see that come through! We want to make sure you experience this Dry Shampoo because we are sure that when you do you will LOVE it!

but im really excited to try out the dry shampoo! 

Just for laughs, I checked men's products and a bronzing lotion came up so I decided to get my box after all this month.

I got the Evolution Man moisture protect  spf 20 in bronze, the Cotz, the Amlactin, Yes To firming eye treatment, Macadamia masque and the Nelson J shampoo.  Nothing super exciting, but all stuff I can use.

Mine came with the cap off but otherwise in perfect condition.  I love the smell of this stuff.

Why did you write to the product company rather that straight to BA?  I'm sure they'll replace it for you.

so dissapointed. 

so i got my March box yesterday ( my window is the 25th so it always runs into the next month) and found that they broke my dry shampoo on purpose to fix the issue of it fitting in the box. i couldnt even get it to properly fit back onto the top because when i did it just squirted everywhere and dry shampoo got everywhere. it was pretty much botched. i wrote to them stating that the product was ruined just to fit inside the box and all i got was an extra sample for my next month box...

sigh. i dont even know what to say because i love this company and this is my first issue with them.

i decided to facebook message the dry shampoo company and also tweet them to let them know what happened.

here are some pictures! and just a warning to any of you ladies who got the dry shampoo. they didnt ship mine in an additional box and instead broke a product and crammed it into the small beauty army box. and mine wasnt as worse as some of my other friends - two of my friends on youtube had their shampoo empty OUT into the box and ruin the rest of the products in their box and they got back the same reply from Beauty Army that I did - an additional product for their next box.

you can see here where the green spray part inside was chipped off - making it not work at all

She did, all they gave her was an extra sample in next month's box.

Mine came with the cap off but otherwise in perfect condition.  I love the smell of this stuff. Why did you write to the product company rather that straight to BA?  I'm sure they'll replace it for you.

I used my pigment this morning and as much as I love the color, it sure is messy! The neck is too small, and my brush is too big. Sigh. I guess I'm going to have to put it in a bigger container.

Originally Posted by katlyne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yes what katlyne said hehe.

i wrote to beauty army before the company and they did not replace the item - just gave me an extra choice for my next box. which im not complaning about - its nice of them but i really wanted to try the shampoo. i wrote to new york streets after to let them know as well too, since its their product in the box. they were very sweet and are replacing the shampoo since i do really want to try it out. 

yes what katlyne said hehe.

i wrote to beauty army before the company and they did not replace the item - just gave me an extra choice for my next box. which im not complaning about - its nice of them but i really wanted to try the shampoo. i wrote to new york streets after to let them know as well too, since its their product in the box. they were very sweet and are replacing the shampoo since i do really want to try it out. 
oh yay. thats awesome.

Originally Posted by katlyne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, thanks.  I didn't see where she said that.  That's pretty sucky when you have to go to the manufacturer.  BA should have just sent her a new one.  Jerks.

I read somewhere to turn the teeny jar upside down, tap it, then dip your brush in the cap and apply it that way.  It works for me.

Originally Posted by smiletorismile /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I used my pigment this morning and as much as I love the color, it sure is messy! The neck is too small, and my brush is too big. Sigh. I guess I'm going to have to put it in a bigger container.

Originally Posted by DonnaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I read somewhere to turn the teeny jar upside down, tap it, then dip your brush in the cap and apply it that way.  It works for me.
I actually already put it into a bigger container. So much easier. Especially since I tried that and I must not have had the lid on right or something because it got everywhere. I guess I'm just challenged when it comes to tiny things.

Go Figure, the day after my window closed they added a new sample that looks super awesome!  This is from their Facebook page:

Nailuv's LED and UV-curable nail gel glides on smoothly for a mirror-glass finish. Find a sample of ♥ Berry Sweetie ♥ in your Selection Window, Gorgeous!

If you discover a pink BeautyARMY Helicopter sticker attached to your NaiLuv box, when your soldier reports for duty, you are an instant winner! Simply follow the directions on the back of the sticker, which have been had written by Lindsey Guest, on how to claim your prize!

So it is a gel polish? I don't have a light so bummer for me
for real. Putting a sample that only x amount of people can use, I'm afraid of how long that will be in the selection window

for real. Putting a sample that only x amount of people can use, I'm afraid of how long that will be in the selection window
If I end up getting a box this month I'll probably get it just to see if I'm a winner. A winner of what who knows but it is enticing.

Back